New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic

A t6 shoulders costs 0 golds if you are not running a GDKP, but the likelihood of you getting one of those is quite low because of competition.

GDKPs did not kill the game for new players, META and nerfs did. With guilds clearing old content faster (because it is easy as f) they move to new content, and then they don’t do old content anymore.

Unless you create your own guild right now (which you can) with new players and start your progress right now, catching up will only happen if you happen to get into anything that drop badges and + Zul’aman, perhaps get into a BT run.

Of course, if you’re trying to gear a rogue right now for raiding you’re basically hopeless as it is the class with least participation in raids and less likely to be invited, with shaman and warlock being on the extreme opposite side of this spectrum.

1 Like

90 days is not long enough. I think it should be 180 days minimum. It kind of guts the excitement out of it.

14 Likes

Is this for all realms, or just the one’s being consolidated?

2 Likes

Have they given any indication on when we might see the pre-patch? Assuming August/September?

Knowing there are fresh start realms around the corner isn’t going to do wonders for the population.

The F R E S H people are mostly tourists. There shouldn’t be more than 1 realm dedicated to this venture.

2 Likes

Should’ve made these servers within a vacuum. 90 days opens up transfers to and from other fresh servers.

7 Likes

The difference in this reality is that you are blanket statementing all people who want fresh are snowflakes. We all know that term is meant to be an insult, that goes down a political rabbit hole that I’m not going to bother with.

I said someone, because I know the reality that that will happen. Not everyone RMTs, but over 40% confess that they have done it at least once.

To blanket your eyes and plug your ears… Well, you do you to get through the day. Transfers to a fresh server so soon is meaningless.

There are plenty of guilds popping up, leveling together for Wrath. If anyone cannot find a guild like that, that’s on them. If they are complaining about being behind and make no effort to find a like community, thats their problem.

People like fresh, for the level 1 rush, yes, that’s always been a favorite for a lot of people, but we’re not discussing this. We’re talking about economy.

Games need to put in systems to protect the players from themselves. This includes gross faction imbalance, server imbalance, and lack of care of server deaths.

RMTers exist, and most enjoy the quick advantage over others. Yes, they will transfer to a fresh server to flex. That’s just how it is.

People who defend RMT, well, that also raises a brow.

7 Likes

That 5k gold people are transferring over will REALLY disrupt the economy!

There is some work to be done where you can convert the gold into mats, items ect, but this will be a very expensive endeavor and I think you are overblowing the amount of people that would be willing to do this.

1 Like

This will be fun for 3 months. If you want people that wanted fresh to play for longer than three months, do not allow transfers ever and no boosts.

22 Likes

My guild just went over this exercise to xfer from Sulfuras to Faerlina. You would be surprised how easy it is. People did it in classic with Chronobooms, People did it in TBC with bags. There are plenty of options to move gold.

6 Likes

How about you implement that terrible No LFD decision here and not the other realms. See how that works out for you here as an experiment. See if the anti LFD crowd rushes to make toons here so they can live in their ignorant bliss!

7 Likes

out of touch, no rfd no sub. What happened to no changes?

2 Likes

That is the utmost truth.
Several realms created during Cataclysm that were locked for receiving transfers are still dead realms till today. The only thriving realms are those that were not elitist to block everyone that was not fresh from entering.

Alright, so bottom line is: when you do it, it is ok, when others do it, it is bad.

Economy is run by players. Soon your fresh realm will have either dead or thriving economy.

Soon there will be players from east / west Asia that play almost 24x7 (we all know they share accounts) and they will be dominating all farming spots with very undergeared characters (perhaps more geared since it is easier to farm honor in Wrath) and you will be wondering “perhaps I could be on a bigger realm with more people so I could at least buy the consumables from the AH instead of spending hours trying to farm here and not being able to”.

If you want to be literal, there was no Dungeon Finder Tool til near the end of Wrath.

You want no changes, its literally absent at the start.

5 Likes

People can just farm on their 70s (and potentially 80s) and just transfer and destroy the market at the 90 day mark.

9 Likes

With level 80 characters you can transfer up to 20k gold.

3 Likes

Name releases soon?

You should probably go outside and breathe some fresh air.

5 Likes

Elaborate on “destory the market” please

What about classic fresh? Just 1 global pvp realm …

3 Likes