New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic

Sounds like that something is wrong. But you sounded clever saying that.

No it definitely won’t also won’t make dungeon groups any easier to form who cares about hitting 70 it literally will be full of gdkp runs as soon as enough people form these servers will never be populated enough to do anything outside of that…

I seriously doubt we will. We barely have the population to sustain what we have let alone stand up a new realm. It would be healthier for any new OCE players to feed into the wider player pool.

Dont get me wrong though, if they removed Xfers in 90 days and put in some population/faction controls i would be really interested in playing… but we would wouldnt reach the critical number of players needed to stop the realm from vanishing like felstriker did.

This is why I asked. As I said I won’t be doing it, but if they add one, it’ll make our recruitment harder.

Just wanted to say This is awesome i know at least 6 people who were not gonna play and now are all planning to give it a go with myself, a few on the fence but i figured they’d try. My big worry is it’s only for 90 days, i suppose asking for no boost and server transfers to fresh realms would be too much huh?

5 Likes

Why? If waiting 90 days for transfers or boosts is a problem for you, what exactly would entice you to roll on a fresh realm? Those things completely undermine the idea of a fresh realm.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blizz I can understand letting people transfer in after 90 days if the server is doing poorly population wise. If the server has a healthy population however don’t ruin it with transfers. If we can prove to you that we don’t want transfers after 90 days by keeping our fresh server at a healthy population then you should be wise enough to realize that you are going to make a mistake with transfers.

I see in the news update about wrath you talk about the dungeon finder feature and how you you listened to your players and did not include it…well listen to us now again please.

1 Like

They shouldn’t be transfer options at all imo. People will just xfer all their gold once the time is up, defeating one plus of fresh starts.

5 Likes

Very frustrated that you’re opening new realms when my beloved realm is getting the axe due to low players. Should just bill the vacant realms as this fresh start opportunity.

People who play this are also there for the journey. You’ve completed the journey and are rushing to endgame that’s great.
It’s nice they are offering an alternative. I don’t think anyone really believes this will be 100% bot free, but there will most certainly be a lot less bots on the way to cap than on an existing server.
I hope they reconsider transfers. If they must, extend the time frame a bit and put a gold cap. Maybe make all boe items bind as well. That’d be a good start.

1 Like

These realms should forever remain locked to transfers and boosting. Even if there is a 90 day window of no transfers/boosts, it will just go back to the same problems once it opens up…and then everyone’s currency/effort will be immediately devalued by the influx of gold sellers transferring over with inventories full of items to convert to gold(to avoid gold cap transfer).

• RMT needs to be fixed
  • Bots need to be fixed
  • GDKPs need more oversight and restrictions
  • In-Game GMs should be a thing again
  • Transfers need to be better managed/restricted. So far server transfers and mismanagement has been horrible, causing a cascade of problems

Aside from those points, listen to the community and don’t remove LFD from WotLKC. If there is any legitimate desire to remove it from the community, then make a transparent survey on the topic with the community. Prove that the majority of players want it removed.

7 Likes

If you want to be literal, LFD was at half way, and so were DK nerfs. They are launching with DK nerfs in place at the point that LFD was started.

2 Likes

As an Oceania player, for SoM I had to play on a US server as the population just wasn’t there.

I chose a west coast SoM realm and my latency was 160ms, and I couldn’t tell the difference, so after this experience I’m OK to play on a west coast US realm.

Additionally, having a US and Oceania combined playerbase means that for those playing outside their “peak times” means that there’s an active population there - for example I played late or really early, and during these times it was pretty busy as this was the US peak times

Make new Classic content, not new progression servers.

Blizzard you should release only one fresh wrath server and its name should be Honeymoon Phase

3 Likes

This is going to be the same as classic SoM, a hand full of vocal people say how much they want this, but then it becomes desolate within 2 weeks as people realise that it’s dogs***.

Bots will be there, just like every other server, people that want to buy gold will be there, just like every other server.

This is a fake attempt to fight gold sellers by blizzard, if they wanted to actually do something they could EASILY, they have all the data sets needed to easily identify bots before the character even logs in.

After this was posted this morning oceania time I’ve been chatting to people about what decisions they are likely to make.

In my TBCC guild there’s quite a lot of people who started late. Most of them will prefer to start on fresh realms. There’s also the core group who have gear plus gold and some levelled alts that they’d prefer to keep and will stay on the current TBCC server. Many of them would be willing to transfer to a fresh realm after 90 days to keep the guild together if the fresh realms prove to be viable. They’d be happy for the transfer rules to have limits on gold, not include boe gear and have restrictions on the number of items in bags.

I also spoke to people in my old retail guild who haven’t played classic but have quit retail. Some of them are keen to play and fresh realms make the option of playing more attractive. I am not sure how large this group would be.

The people I spoke to are all from oceania and would choose the existing oceania servers if there was no fresh wrath oceania servers.

I hope you open the PVP servers to transfers from regular servers asap. I played most of BC on Mankrik as it’s the largest PVE horde server by far. But it’s east coast. All the raids are for east coast times - it’s not a mix. And the only west coast horde server with a decent population is Whitemane and it’s a PVP server. There’s almost no alliance on there anyway so PVP is a bit of a stretch.

While I’m excited for a fresh server since TBC, I hope that the more action against gold selling and gold buying is taken this time. I also agree with the majority of people here, I would prefer for no transfers to be available on the foreseeable future. Allowing transfers to join after 90 days will be pointless, so I hope that Blizzard does not go with the 90 day transfer lock. I know two of my friends who will be coming back to WoW after hearing about as fresh realm, so I’m hyped.

1 Like