New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic

Blizzard’s thoughts: fresh- attract people - give freshman time to level and play- hope to be balanced- open transfer- people from single faction server transfer to a balanced server - making money
Reality: fresh- freshmen come in - existed player watching server status and playing on current server- 90 days later, flood into fresh and destroy eco if server is good; not paying transfer if server died- either way will destroy fresh server
One way to save fresh is Blizzard need to announce that fresh server is not allowed transfer earlier for more days or banned. Only reopen it when server population is low

1 Like

Thanks!
Not a fan of the incoming transfers tho.
If servers are stable, why would this be needed?

1 Like

After this, can you please put a gold cap at the account level for those transferring gold, otherwise an insane amount of gold will flood the server

4 Likes

gotta cap BOE and unbound items too, othjerwise they just buy up the auction house on their servers, transfer, and then dump the mats to get gold. Will be a net loss but still enough to make them good money

2 Likes

payformane lol

trash server filled with euro poor

People already just buy a bunch of Gigantique Bags and sell them at a discounted price.

2 Likes

Please do not have transfers at all. Still hype for this either way though!

5 Likes

In 90 days of fresh launch, you’ll see that you can’t even have a single coherent thought.

Another bafflingly stupid decision. No crusade realms what so ever, but wrath gets new realms on top of all crusade realms.

“For at least 90 days, you will not be allowed to boost a character on Fresh Start realms.”
-JUST DO NOT SELL IT AT ALL.

“For at least 90 days, Fresh Start realms will not be available destinations for character transfers.”
-TRANSFERS SHOULD HAVE HAD BETTER RESTRICTIONS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

“Death Knights cannot be created on these realms without a level 55 character on that same realm.”
-THIS SHOULD BE ON ALL REALMS.

“we hope to see players spread out onto all of the available realms as Wrath of the Lich King Classic approaches.”
-Are you trolling us? Have you not noticed the mega realms guzzling up most of the populations? The playerbase will NEVER spread out unless they are forced to by faction caps and transfer restrictions… which you are STILL not doing.

“We’re going to close empty realms then open up new ones to replace the empty ones we just closed.”
-Ridiculous.

5 Likes

Engaging in a little tomfoolery I see

Amazing … i’m coming home on a fresh realm Wotlk !! At least 50 chars for sure !

Team Brian has hard no’d many many makers in the game in at the time of og wrath.

when you make a call that kills a for sure plan can make X dollars (they can pull up sales data form og wrath)…your plan too has to make x dollars. you have to give something to make the bean counters and bosses happy. They want to see x dollars. You gave up for sure plan a. now its plan b. plan b needs to pay out,

My tin foil says to sell higher management on normal wrath calls like no race/faction change he offered this as trade. It best work out for him is my prediction .

yeah boss…I am not giving faction and race change. I know it makes money. I could…make a fresh server and 91 days later…it could see transfer money made. does that make you and accounting happy? we will find out 91 days after fresh server start.

That’s it 100%

1- Never allow character transfers to that server.
2- Fix the inflated gold on every other servers before that 90 days is over.

Thanks Mispeled for represent us

5 Likes

This would be good but without rdf I can’t imagine anyone playing these servers to long trying to level to wrath in a few weeks I definitely will not be leveling a new character way to long to get into dungeons and these will be full of mage boosters and gdkp before the 90 days are even up…

I am impressed that someone with so stupid ideas can represent players.

wotlk leveling is 30% faster and also easier with new talents and gliphs.
It would literally take at most a week playing 3 hours a day to reach 70

Well, considering no RDF and the ‘at least 90 days’ rubbish, I have no interest.

Something tells me you aren’t the kind of person that fresh realms were intended for anyway.

1 Like

While I won’t be taking this option, I’m glad it’ll be available.

Q: Will Oceanic be getting a server?

An alternative, only allow transfer from other Fresh Servers post the 90 days

5 Likes