New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic

On Day 91 of the fresh servers, the bots and gold buyers will invade them. Maybe deal with the root of the problem first?

1 Like

Are you going to deal with bots and gold sellers this time? Otherwise fresh server will just be the same as the existing servers after 4 weeks.

The problem is that the gold transfer cap is virtually meaningless already in TBC (and will be in WOTLK as well).

Haven’t you guys noticed all the people selling the Haris Pilton bags on the mega servers in trade windows?

That’s how people are getting around the gold cap on transfers. They’re buying a lot of those bags and selling them for a discount.

And they can do the same thing with mats/high end items that aren’t bop/etc.

There really isn’t a gold cap on transfers if you convert it all into something sellable. The epic bags are the most obvious choice.

1 Like

there’s a pretty easy fix to that. Make it so you can only transfer to a fresh server with your gear and only your gear, nothing else.
There you go, fixed.

4 Likes

I just want dungeon finder back. Getting groups put together in these dead servers is impossible

1 Like

Hahaha… You must not know blizz

Some lead time for dates for vacation planning would be great for the new server.

1 Like

I would love to see fresh servers kept as that fresh, no character transfers, no boosts, keep the bots off them for as long as possible.

Any idea when these are coming out?

2 Likes

We can yell cry faint but blizzard will do nothing about to be truthful…it’s there game and they can do what they want with…either play or don’t really doesn’t matter to them…also I’m just curious if the old codes get written over or they simply don’t exist anymore…cause Why can’t they just pull the old codes and reactivate them that way it’s was identical to the orig game…hmm idk?

If these whales show up on the new realms, im going to get people together to mass report them for rmt as soon as that gdkp post makes it to the trade chat. I wish yall would hire some game moderators ffs

3 Likes

OMG blizzard Thank you!!! that was tailored specially for me…

But I am afraid of what is gonna happen to that server after 90 days? economy, faction balance? boosters?? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I have to agree with many previous posters. 180 to 365 days before ANY transfers would be better. And to be honest NO Transfers ever would be the ideal. A fresh start with a ticking time bomb of Invaders from Dimension Retail? No thanks.
I’m paying for a Wrath of the Lich King Classic Experience, as if it was day one of those magical days of yester year. Let the bots/farmers/Goldmercs/Guildtrolls stay in the Hell of their own making. Please.

8 Likes

I fully agree!!! I don’t think even a transfer should be allowed! if it’s a completely new realm, without this fear of getting all this gold taken in a way that the whole community complains that it’s through BOTS, MULTIBOX and GDKP that will destroy the servers, the Fresh realms will be great, but if really releasing the transfers after 90 days, it won’t do any good and it will be the same thing as being on the current servers

4 Likes

New servers are a great idea for people who want a fresh start on a level playing field, but this is going to require a lot more work on Blizzards part to ensure it doesn’t just devolve into Classic 2.0 with bots and RMT controlling the economy. Sweeping changes to common bot farming locations and harsh punishments for anyone involved in botting and RMT are ABSOLUTELY NECASSARY if this is going to work.

Blizzard needs to:

1. Hire GMs! This game makes enough money that Blizzard can afford to handful of employees who ACTIVELY MONITOR Classic servers and deal with bots and other issues.

2. We have a Community Council, maybe it’s time for some Community Policing! I guarantee there are hundreds, if not thousands, of level-headed individuals who would volunteer their time to help Blizzard tackle issues that plague this game. Obviously, these people’s access to the tools available to GMs would need to be limited, but even giving certain VETTED individuals the ability to simply flag a player that is botting or causing problems for immediate review by a GM is a step in the right direction - an “enhanced” reporting feature if you will.

I’ll say it again… If this is going to work, Blizzard has to do more than just launch new servers. It’s about time Blizzard returns to its former glory as a respected game developer, not just a money printer.

Your move, Blizzard.

11 Likes

Once and/or if Blizzard announces some assurances for these new servers (bots, RMT, transfers, faction balance cap, etc hot button concerns) I’m ready to go all in.

6 Likes

Cool great news!!! :grin: :+1:t5:

I think next we can suggest the following:

• Block transfers in and out of fresh servers;
  • Let them BG and Arena against themselves only.

It will be unfair to us fighting against people already geared and full BIS. We should be able to fight against ourselves only in the fresh realm.

3 Likes

I think this is a great idea, but I would like to see a few things.

• x2 or x3 on all experience leveling from 1-70
  • x2 Professions 1-375
  • Gold cap on server and not just characters… limits how much gold bot accounts can have and GDKPs
  • Limit characters to 4… don’t need 10 alts. More room for potential bots
  • Only make 2 of these servers. 1 PVP and 1 PVE

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

you are crazy man, wotlk lveling is already 30% faster and with the new talents and gliph and mount lvl requeriemnnt you could argue it even goes up to 50% faster all things consider.

2 Likes