New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features

Wait, there’s a Blizz Wiki?

4 Likes

Oh, I meant a post within a topic.

When I open a topic, the posts are oldest first. Would like to have them sorted newest first, if that makes sense.

6 Likes

Yep, try editing this reply. I have turned it into a Wiki for demo purposes.

Haha awesome - Dawnsong

Neat.

oh boy, i hope people use this wisely! :open_mouth: ~NB :rabbit2::cow:

Testing Date January 10, 2019

Test

3 Likes

There is a backdoor trick (which is now working) simply type in the url replacing CharacterName and Realm with yours. Make sure your realm is not capitalized.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/CharacterName-realm.json

Simply see if in the last paragraph you see trust_level_1, trust_level_2, or trust_level_3 in the garble of text.

9 Likes

This method here appears to work -

You need to use charactername-realmname for the JSON file.

8 Likes

New forums are looking good. Cant wait to get started.

4 Likes

Anyway of changing the viewing font and size ?

5 Likes

Not at this time.

4 Likes

Works for me- thanks.
Looks like I am level 1

2 Likes

thanks for the information

2 Likes

Hopefully they’ll add a way to view your trust level specifically in the future. I can kind of do the match to figure mine out, also based upon what’s it appears I’m able to do, but other than that it’s not directly saying “You’re trust level 2!”

Different borders around our icons would be a cool way to show trust level, actually.

6 Likes

On device side there’s usually some work arounds. Most common being ctrl/cmd +- (though this would scale other content as well.)

1 Like

I’ve been trying to figure out how the bookmarking works (y’know, how those posts could be bookmarked individually). So far, I haven’t quite worked it out. Anybody care to explain?

1 Like

So far from what I can tell, it doesn’t alert you that it has bookmarked it when you click the button.

I know how to find my bookmarks, but I can’t be much help if yer on PC right now, as my phone is my best friend for the forums.

Getting to lv 3 is going to be a chore and a half. Still thanks for the guide

I’VE FIGURED IT OUT.

Now, for the fellow newbies (to this style of forum), to find your bookmarked posts – at least on a desktop – click on your little character icon up by the upper left corner. A drop menu will open, and in the upper left corner (of the drop menu), you’ll see two buttons.

One looks like a gear wheel (this is the Preferences), and one looks like a banner (this is the Bookmarks). Click on the banner, and you’ll go to a page that lists all the bookmarked posts. And you can even click “Remove Bookmark” if you want to.

A little bit of a detour, but here you go!

If any veteran knows a faster way, please do share. :grin:

8 Likes

Just as an FYI, using asterisks will also post anything between them in italics.

This sentence is contained within two asterisks, one on each side.

2 Likes

So people who have received even a single suspension will never be able to reach level three, even if it was in the past, or just once?

Is there a request for sticky option? Are there even still stickies? I had a few guides in the World’s End Tavern, one of which was previously stickied, and would love to know how to request.

2 Likes

Not exactly, from what I understand your trust level stats are reset, means you have to start all over. The hard part is getting 50 days visited out of the last 100 to reach Trust Level 3.