New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features

I have 138 posts. And that is way over 10 different topics.

Weird. Definitely says 0 topics created for this character for you, though.

Must have replied to at least 10 different topics.

Note that does not say CREATE. it says REPLIED TO.

Apologies - I misread. Itā€™s not posted then, clearly, but you do need to create a minimum number of topics/threads. Iā€™m not sure what that number is, I figured it was ten. Iā€™d shoot for that, as I got mine after that.

So they have added something thatā€™s required and didnā€™t say it was requiredā€¦ ok.

From what I understand, this topic, or the OP, or w/e we call it, was taken from the Overwatch forums, and itā€™s presumed the requirements are identical; that may not be the case, or it was just not realized at the time of posting. There is no official BLIZZARD post detailing the requirements; keep that in mind.

Everything you see in this thread is what players have managed to figure out on their own, afaik.

They are just posted in green on the original postā€¦ but yeah, I guess itā€™s not official, but there was no mention of a change from Blizz.

Greens may be MVPs, and they have the direct line to Blizzard, but they too need to get clarification on stuff. Iā€™ve been wanting/waiting for this post to get updated, but idk if itā€™s gunna happen.

Blizzard is not so keen on providing clarity, on anything, really.

Iā€™m random posting topics. Iā€™ll do my 10 now.

Sounds good; just give it a day or so for that automated thing to kick in.

Got mine on the 53rd day of activity after meeting all requirements by day 51. Only had a couple of topics created even had one post deleted by mods after being reported.

Here I sit at 55 days, completing the requirements while still on day 50. Looks like mine fell apart somewhere. I guess mods donā€™t respond any more.

Is it possible youā€™ve been reported or silence or anything like that?

Not that Iā€™m aware of.

Iā€™d say open a support ticket then?

Sounds like a bug at this point and would be best reported in the website bug report forum.
Also submit a ticket to battle.net support though.

I submitted a ticket and got my response. They say there are really no specific criteria for trust level ranks and they can change at any timeā€¦ so just hang in there and keep on enjoying the forumsā€¦ yeah right. He did say after a forum penaltyā€¦ I have NEVER EVER had a forum penalty, not in the new forums or on the old ones. never silenced, never suspended. Whatā€™s up with that?

edit I submitted a reply and they said the forum penalty was just an example. They had no control over the boards. So submitting a ticket is a waste of time. Blizz customer service has nothing to do with the forum.

And the website bug report forum is answered by other gamers, not any mods or Blizz. So that is kinda useless.

The point of reporting it in the website bug report forum is to get it fixed. The more people who report it as a problem, the more attention blizzard pays to it.

QA monitors the bug report forums to collect info to pass along to the devs. They seldom respond unless they need more info, but they do tally the issues.

So if only a handful of people slip through the cracks, then itā€™s not a bug and itā€™s an ā€œoh wellā€ nothingā€™s wrongā€¦ you just wonā€™t progress thingā€¦

3 Likes