New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features

I believe I met the criteria for trust level 3 a couple of days ago, however it doesn’t seem to have “clicked in” yet.

Am I misreading something? Or doing something wrong? :confused:

It looks like you may have just crossed the Likes Given and Posts Read thresholds - again, based on what I’ve seen, they batch the promotions at the same time everyday.

1 Like

It can take 2-3 days for the data base to sync with forum permissions.

If you can see the Lounge forum or the icon to turn one of your posts into a blog post, you will have TL 3.

Is there a way to request that a thread get stickied? There’s a fantastic resources thread on the warlock forums, but it keeps falling away and people ask questions that it answers.

Making the request in the Website Bug Report forum seems to be the only way but they are trending away from sticked threads in the new forums.

Requests made to get previously stickied threads stickied again sometimes get action, and sometimes don’t.

I flag the good posts so I can link to them later for answering questions.

Which one @Kwaii? I’ll see what I can do.

Thank Bornakk when it happens

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

I have come to the conclusion that you have to spend most of your play time on the boards in order to achieve level 3. I thought I had everything to get to level 3, but it looks like I am about 14,000 post read short of the required amount. I guess it’s not about reading them but just zipping from top to bottom, but I’m not going to waste more time trying to meet the requirements. If they don’t trust us, then that’s fine.

2 Likes

Several of the TL3 requirements lend themselves to gaming the system to reach the criteria but the posts read count is the most onerous.

Far more people reached 20k posts read by paging through megathreads while watching TV thN people who actually read the threads as a contributing forum member.

trust Level 3 is a misnomer. It should be called My Scroll Key Works level.

1 Like

Which is unfortunate, but honestly not unexpected. When they helpful things like images and links and wiki posts behind these requirements, they hinder community members who have a legitimate interest and desire to contribute.

Myself included, I do not dive deep into the forums because I think they’re incredibly toxic. That said, I do use them frequently to coordinate and host community events, and recruit for our guild. To do this effectively, being able to post links, and even pictures, is definitely really important.

Blizzard needs to strike a balance somehow; it took me a hell of a lot of pointless scrolling to get TL3, and now that I have it, my forum activity has (reasonably) dropped significantly; despite that, I’m able to post and articulate information much more efficiently, and with nice styling/flare, such as images.

2 Likes

Also - is it possible to get the OP updated with new finds for formatting? Kind of crazy to have to scroll to find different pieces; would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

This is a bit of a late response, but I just got TL3 and was able to center my images using the same formula for text! The trick is hitting the Enter key and leaving space between the syntax and image itself. For example:

<div align="center">

Imagelink.jpg

</div align="center">

Something cool you can also do is add [img] [/img] before and after your image link which should remove the round click count button next to it (indicating how many people have clicked on it). It also prevents people from leaving the site right away, allows them to blow up the image, and cycle through multiple in one post.

1 Like

I met all of the requirements early yesterday afternoon, but am still lvl 2. Am I missing something? Can a mod please confirm?

It can take 2-3 days for the data bases to sync.

I need a mod to tell me what I’m missing. It’s been a bit over 3 days and did not advance to level 3, so I’m sure it’s something I am missing… but what? Or have I been flagged and not notified which is denying me the 3rd level?

I believe you still need to create 10 different forum posts. These aren’t replies, but original threads that you create.

Get to trust level 3 by…

Must have visited at least 50% of last 100 days
Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 500 topics
Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000 posts (both starting posts and replies)
Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.
Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
Must not have been suspended (including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game)

Nothing about creating any posts.

1 Like

This is what it means by topics. A topic is a whole forum thread, not just a reply.