New forum function - posting anonymously, as Anonymous

OP: “We need an anonymous mode!”

Also OP: *created a level 10 puppet for the express purpose of not posting on their main*

3 Likes

when everyone is posting as an anonymous user, everyone will be kind and polite since we all would be anonymous.

1 Like

:thinking:

Wait, I got it! It’s hags, isn’t it? Those guys in Drustvar.

1 Like

You must be new to the internet :dracthyr_lulmao:

4 Likes

Nah, it’s like T-Bags but reverse the first two letters around. :smirk:

S-Bagt? Wait, that doesn’t make any sense. This is quite a brain twister, hm :thinking:

Wait wait wait, I think I got it!

B-Tags!

1 Like

the forum user above explained why btags aren’t good for the forums. This user explained a bad experience that resulted because of btags

Bingo. :slight_smile:

#Btags4Forums.

2 Likes

One person had a bad experience so everyone should be afraid?

Millions of people eat fast food every day, but if one person gets sick from it, should everyone then be afraid to eat there?

Have you seen what happens on anonymous communities? People are constantly being abused, manipulated, threatened and told to off themselves.

If someone wants to harass you, to hurt you, it doesn’t matter if you’re anonymous. They will find you. But the chance of that happening is extremely slim.

The chance of someone anonymous harassing you? Extremely high.

You want to talk about someone telling a story about why being anonymous is a good idea? Let me tell you why it’s not.

My friend was harassed for weeks online by an anonymous user who kept telling her how trash she is, how she shouldn’t be alive, how she doesn’t deserve to breathe. They didn’t get in trouble because they were anonymous. She couldn’t block them because they were anonymous.

That person was allowed to abuse her, to make her cry and make her feel like trash and she couldn’t do anything because they were too cowardly to come off of anon.

Now, tell me - is it still a good idea to let THIS community go around abusing people without having to take any responsibility? You truly believe it’s a good idea that someone can tell another person that they don’t deserve to live and not get in trouble? Because that’s what’s going to happen if you can post anonymously.

4 Likes

Just report that person for trolling for spreading misinformation about btags, as well them advocating bad things to happen pretty much.

1 Like

the anonymous forums that i’ve seen so far have been friendly and polite.

this is why i think it would be great for the wow forums.

And another!

3 Likes

I think it should be the exact opposite. I think we should have to post on our battletag. We should be able to use any toon we want, BUT it should always display our battletag profile. Anonymity ENCOURAGES toxicity.

4 Likes

Are you sure it doesn’t stand for Relics Belong to Gary?

Making us use our Btag would help, I would go so far as actions on players on both the game and forums for a violation in either. From what I understand, if it were that way, this mornings… “event” never would have happened. Harsh, but fair and effective.

3 Likes

No.
If it’s needed you can also lock it to one character.

Oh yeah, I saw those. I hope that person earned a permanent forum vacation. They also posted in the CS forum and that got locked down really quick.

1 Like

Oh sheesh, do I even want to know?

1 Like

looks at your previous postings

I am pressing X here

4 Likes

You do not. I won’t even describe how terrible the poster was. I doubt they’ll ever be back on the forums with what they pulled.

4 Likes