New flagellation changes!

Digging necrolord shield buff, I love it for RBGs already and it’s ok for arenas. Bone spike still hot garbage outside of CP generation.

I’m not sure how this new flagellation would play out in pvp. I’m in the camp that if you focus on throughput of damage then you’re doing it wrong but I can’t comfortably assess the value that 6 yards would provide…

I want it to be good so I can go venthyr though with that sick aesthetic.

1 Like

Could see the range helping quite a bit against mobile targets.

1 Like

“Lash the target for (100% of Attack power) Shadow damage, increasing the range of your melee attacks by 6 yards for 10 sec.”

All you wiil gain is an “Ambush + Acrobatic strikes” for 10 seconds at a CD of 90 seconds.

They will made the ability even worse than it was… They just needed to remove the excessive GCD.

I will just reroll covenant if this keep going on.

1 Like

There is still a chance the conduit for this ability to be great. But seriously, if its just more range, Blizzard needs some new blood.

4 Likes

I’d agree is isn’t great. But, I’d still say it’s better. I really hate how Flagellation works right now.

It will almost certainly just be more damage. Like all the other conduits. If it does interact with the range, I’d be very surprised. And start a crusade to make Sepsis, Serrated Bone Spike, and Echoing Reprimand’s conduits do more than just add damage, too!

Yer probably right. Still a disappointment

Sounds vile but that was their intention

I mean tbf, ill take that over the current version which is just annoying to use and largely useless in Open world content outside of killing rares.

Yeah. Me too. But I was hoping for a bonus to be a leech or a bleed. Ya know, in theme with the covenant.

1 Like

Yeah, when pretty much every piece of feedback is “remove the GCD” the correct way to show you’ve been “listening to your players” is to just completely ruin the ability altogether. Remove any forms of skill expression, crash the ceiling down, gut the flavor, give a completely nonsensical “buff” as a “payoff”…?

All while 2/3 of the class’s specs are dead last in the current content and with NO changes coming in the next patch? Why should I bother?

I’m no longer on the fence about quitting. This expansion started off on a good foot for the SOLE reason that it appeared they would finally begin to clean out the god-awful designers and start improving the game. IMO shadowlands only lasted about two weeks. During the first two weeks when progress was gated I was actually having “fun” playing then that quickly turned sour as soon as Nathria released and SL has since proved to be an enormous waste of time and effort and is now effectively over with.

I haven’t done anything except post auctions in two weeks while waiting on my characters to become playable but I’m done waiting. This product is not for me.

This is what gets me the most, if this change is in addition to current flag then it’s a step in the right direction but I feel like its not.

I agree on the feed back, it feels like a completely out of nowhere change that disregarded the community at large and went into such a weird direction, of all the places I thought flag would go, I didn’t expect a 6 yard melee range increase for 10s on a 1.5m cd Here’s to hoping they put any effort into rogue, we all now we didn’t get any in development for this xpac.

Honestly, I’ve felt like this is Blizzard in a nutshell with feedback. No joke, sometimes I seriously think if they see an idea posted by a player, they basically scratch that off their list for a possible fix/change.

1 Like

That’s the game we are paying for!

We deserve discredit…

It looks as if it went from a PvE ability to PvP. The 6 yards range increase
is underrated and could be a massive advantage being able to Shadowstrike, Cheap/Kidney from a mile away. The conduit could be interesting as well.

They changed it on us!
“Lash the target for X Shadow damage, causing each combo point spent within 12 sec to lash for an additional X. Dealing damage with Flagellation increases your Haste by 1%, persisting 12 sec after their torment fades.”.

The range increase sounded neat. Oh well. I guess it probably would have been pretty meh in the end.
E: According to wowhead, it’s 50% AP on the initial hit and the combo point damage is 10% AP. That extra burst on Eviscerate might make the initial’s lower damage not seem that bad.

2 Likes

So no more reactivation. fantastic.

1 Like

So now instead of being a pure trash ability, it’s on par with the other trash abilities. Nothing to see here, Rogues are still trash in PvE.

2 Likes

It’s pretty buggy right now on the PTR. lol
The combo point part only hits once even though it says each combo point. So, I’m only getting 180 damage extra on each finisher.
E: Haste does appear to work for the first 12s. But, the second 12s it doesn’t.

The conduit’s damage part seems to be working. I get 70% more damage on both the base damage in that one extra lash per finisher. But, funny part is it increases the tooltip’s haste number from 1% to 5%. It also still says 4 more lashes on the first hit which currently does nothing. <.<

1 Like

If they release bloodfang in its current state we won’t be trash

Can confirm this on PTR, no more reactivation and off GCD iirc but I could be wrong. You get haste at start, stacking up to the end of timer and then you keep it for little bit longer.

Overall, excellent change that I was hoping for.

2 Likes