New flagellation changes!

They decided to go with " [Flagellation (New)] Lash the target for [ 100% of Attack Power ] Shadow damage, increasing the range of your melee attacks by 6 yards for 10 sec. Venthyr. Venthyr. 12 yd range. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown. 1 sec global cooldown."

Is this real life? Of all the changes… THIS is what we got?! There’s a wall of changes for just about every other class and none of the others got touched, while flag got this? Big rip.

7 Likes

I’ll take it over the current PoS we have.

If melee includes all of our attacks, not just auto attack, then it might not be bad.

2 Likes

If it’s in addition to what it currently does, any change is better than nothing I guess but it’s such an odd point to start, and seemingly incredibly random.

I might be biased but rogue covenants feel the worse of all classes, and we got a single lack luster change. I hope there’s more to come, but we saw how the entire alpha/beta cycle went for us this expansion.

4 Likes

Wòrgan, the most amount of actual rogues playing hardcore in the game are currentyly affiliated with Nightfae; most Venthyr rogues are aware staying in the covenant IS a sacrifice in dps output (I suspect there are like 3 of us Venthyr in this forums alone ffs); and unless covenant balance is a thing for the devs I guess we can´t expect any actual relevant changes.

It does sound VERY underwhelming though.

4 Likes

The way I read it, they did away with the 2nd activation and made it single damage ability, similar to Echoing Reprimand. Which is way better than it’s current form.

The extra 6 yards to melee might turn out to be a hidden gem.

1 Like

I really hope that’s the case but I don’t expect it is, unless they got rid of the haste portion of it. It very well could be that they didn’t include all the changes in the text, I read it as that change was in addition to flag as it currently is.

A lot of the changes I saw there were some already implemented into the game currently too. I expect a lot of those changes that are there to continuously be worked on until the patch is released and I bet it’ll be pushed back too

Right, I just feel like we’re going to see a repeat of Shadowlands alpha/beta where we assume it’s going to be continuously worked on, then they hurriedly throw out half baked ideas at the very end and call it a day.

Bone spike was too strong when it fractured, but they nuked it into oblivion. I was hyped about Slaughter and they literally deleted it. Sepsis was my second favorite and they even managed to ruin that.

2 Likes

uhg. that sucks

100% armor pen ability & +12 yards Leeway is actually kinda ridiculous in the right hands. You just don’t realize it yet. (talking PVP here) but I could see some applications for PVE also.

2 Likes

It’s a welcome change, but kind of boring. It’s more of a “hit this button just for some more damage every minute and a half.” :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s true, but currently flag hits like a wet noodle, I think the highest I’ve ever seen it CRIT was 309.

I think it’s at some hilariously low modifier like, 6% of attack power, at 100% of attack power it could be a decent boost in damage.

3 Likes

so a lesser pos to replace the pos

Echoing Reprimand is 110% of AP. Before it’s PVP reduction. So, it should hit for a good amount. The secondary effects on abilities are pretty lackluster. So, I wouldn’t expect much. At least a range increase seems somewhat unique. lol

Logged onto the PTR to see and it appears it’s not in yet. The Necrolord shield change is, though. Man. 40%…

Yeah look at this point I think they could see rogue damage is a little on the low side and buff the snot out of all of the covenant abilities

It’s pretty much worse than the current iteration, less clunky sure. Will perform better for sub than outlaw/assassination due to modifiers.

6% attack power, 30+ times or 1 attack at 100%. If you’re playing outlaw, you’re already at 30 or better stacks per and you get 15% haste afterwards.

The 6 yards is interesting but it really doesn’t change anything. At a 1.5 min cd, this is just a downgrade.

The 9.0.5 notes gave me the impression that they just don’t want people playing rogue.

7 Likes

“rolls eyes”

I never ever, ever, ever gonna care that I can hit something from 6 extra yards away on a minute and a half cd

2 Likes

That rather meaningless Venthyr tweak being the only Rogue change in 9.0.5…
Its basically telling Rogues F-Off, Re-Roll…

1 Like

Meh…still don’t care for it.

Besides soul binds and conduits is where the meat and potatoes is at for Rogues.

Plus, I rather see the Rogue class receive buffs moving forward than trying to salvage covenants.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes