New event needs to be in game

As the title says, the new event that was just announced for “PvE”(lol) players needs to actually be in the game we pay for. If you actually read any feedback, or even attempt to understand your player base, this is literally the least you can do. Plunderstorm didn’t get negative feedback for no reason, the long grind that took people away from the main game is not the way events should ever be handled. If you want to make these sideshow projects, very few people will be angry if there aren’t rewards for retail/classic.

Make these things for the people who like them, but let them stand on their own. If you have to push people into a new game with the promise of retail/classic rewards, a lot of them are NOT going to have fun.

Plunderstorm is an okay game in itself, it’s different. But, if it can’t stand on its own without WoW rewards holding it together, does it really deserve to even exist?

20 Likes

Are people expecting Timerunning Pandamonium to not be an in-game event that has Player versus Player aspects? I’m very confused. Is this just PPTD (Post Plunderstorm Traumatic Disorder)?

7 Likes

I’m expecting it to be outside of the main game at this point, just like Plunderstorm is. And no, this is what happens when you lose the trust of your player base after you just regained a tiny bit of it with dragonflight and SoD.

2 Likes

New event is PvE Plunderstorm with bronze tier AI lol.

1 Like

Nobody expected Plunderstorm to not be an in-game event, yet here we are.

8 Likes

I really don’t care either way as long as it’s fun and well polished. And if nothing else, I felt that Pluderstorm was pretty polished on release so I was happy about that.

2 Likes

Why? Is it truly because Plunderstorm exists?

Is this because you created a make-believe scenario of what 10.2.6 was going to be despite there being no information on it other than a patch number and an icon of a skull and crossbones? Sounds like you set your expectations and are disappointed the thing YOU imagined because it’s what YOU wanted didn’t happen. No trust was lost with me because Blizzard didn’t make any promises on what 10.2.6 would bring.

Full stop right there, given there was no information on what the patch would actually be until maintenance.

3 Likes

I’m actually very concerned about the Blue post earlier, talking about the next wow “experiment” . The post overall gave me the vibe we should expect it to be another separate game-mode.

Which is very worrying. I’ll wait and see, and hope I’m wrong.

7 Likes

There’s no information on this one, either. Not yet. So why wouldn’t people voice their concern?

There is no “full stop.”

7 Likes

Yeah, all the disconnects that made you lose plunder, RNG based BR with levels for power creep and absolutely broken abilities they had to change not once, but twice now. Not to mention all the exploits like just queuing at the same time as your friends so you can 2v1 people in solos, or even the fact that the best way to farm renown is to get your captains orders done and die. Very polished :+1:

Challenge Modes were an experiment. Mythic Keystone dungeons were an experiment. The Mage Tower was an experiment. Island Expeditions were an experiment. Torghast was an experiment. Once again it seems like people are extrapolating their own conclusions from a single grain of sand.

We hope those of you who are looking for PvE focused content will enjoy what we’re planning, all while we continue to press forward on development of our next expansion for World of Warcraft— The War Within.

This seems to allude to the content in 10.2.7, 11.0, or both, which is clearly stated on the roadmap - and far more so than Plunderstorm ever was. There’s the stop sign you missed.

1 Like

What new event? Link please

I root for you to be right.

Which would leave people with the assumption that it would be in the game. The only reasonable expectation to have looking at the past.

Now that they’ve set the precedent that this is something they might do, it’s reasonable to be worried that they will.

Good talk. Thanks.

7 Likes

Plunderstorm was clearly stated on the Dragonflight roadmap and we got a totally separate mini game. It’s very understandable that people might be concerned 10.2.7 is headed down the same path. I hope Pandamonium is real WoW content that I can play with my main, but until we see it on PTR or Live we have no idea.

10 Likes

No it wasn’t; 10.2.6 was. Point me to the roadmap that has the text “Plunderstorm”.

2 Likes

There’s literally a giant pirate flag with 10.2.6 on the roadmap.

3 Likes

People are being histrionic and asinine about game modes that are related to WoW not being “in” WoW. As in it’s in WoW clearly but it’s not in the retail client.

No one seems to stop to consider if it is easier for them to do things in their own special client than it is to bloat the game further with an entirely different gameplay system.

If they were to, say, make Vampire Survivors in WoW like people are speculating, it might play completely differently to WoW currently does, to the point where it is easier to have a separate client with separate rules built from the ground up.

4 Likes

The event was on the DF roadmap, you can argue semantics all you want, but you’re absolutely wrong. We can literally go back to the roadmap and see the event on it. Nice try though

6 Likes

No, the 10.2.6 patch was. The event was never listed. I’m sorry this is going over your head.

Per usual, unfortunately…

2 Likes