New DK retail mount

How do you get this mount in retail? I have no idea wth the OP is even talking about.

Thanks for any info.

1 Like

Launch Classic Wrath, do the Death Knight Starter zone to completion, then the mount will appear in your mounts tab in retail. Unless you enjoy Classic, it’s kinda a chore, but the reward (the mount) is really cool.

1 Like

Just complete the death knight starting zone and bam it’s yours

1 Like

I did it for the mount only. The DK playstyle isn’t what I prefer. I prefer a caster playstyle and have both a lock and a mage. Please get off your high horse with the attitude.

Y’know, bait or otherwise, I never understood this line of thinking. Who cares if the mount is used by a lot of people - if you keep yourself from using things that you like because others are doing it, you’re putting more focus on being “special and unique” rather than your actual enjoyment.

Don’t put so much stock in what other people have and how they perceive you. Comparison is the thief of joy.

1 Like
1 Like

Unless you play on one of the fresh start realms they removed the level 55 restriction on all other servers.

1 Like

:confused: :laughing: :rofl:

Ok, so you feel this way about the tree mount too?

Some people just want the mount to add it to their mount collection, lol.

They say new by them. Where it would say low, medium, high, full.

2 Likes

lol… you can’t ride the mount because everybody else is on it?

“what are special snowflakes? wow personalities for $500”

2 Likes

That’s it once you turn the quest into Varian or Thrall logout check your mount collection in retail it will show up as a gift box.

2 Likes

You mean as opposed to giving it on a silver platter to people who aren’t even willing to log in for an hour or two and haven’t played their dk in a decade?

It’s not exactly playing DK though, like you have buttons that aren’t even on retail and you’re mostly just sitting there waiting on runes to recharge.

And the quests take forever.

Actually, I don’t quite understand what the point is. To remind us all how much the game used to be really bad so that we appreciate Retail more ?

2 Likes

The point is to generate a spike in participation numbers that will look good on the next quarterly report.

And as a brand new dk, you wouldn’t have loads of buttons. They don’t start new characters with a full toolkit.

You actually have too many, since you press 3 and are out of runes anyway and just waiting and didn’t generate enough Runic for a Death coil.

It actually feels pretty bad to play. On top of the quests that never end.

People are saying you’ll be through with the zone in 20 minutes to 2 hours. Neither one is a big chunk of anybody’s life. I have 4000+ attempts on the sha of anger.

2 Likes

The “Crimson Dawn” quest took that alone lmao.

“Highly effective”. Right.

I do think the person who said “20 minutes” was exaggerating. But since the top estimate was 2 hours, I still think that is reasonable to get a mount.

1 Like

Insert morphius meme here…

What if I told you

You could start on select realms as the DK without leveling any other toon?

2 Likes

Took me 3, but I was getting up every once in a while to help my gf with the baby.