New DK intro ****spoilers*****

So? It was a cool effect that people have really enjoyed since it was first seen. The blue flames of your Undeath show the power you have and fear your enemies should have.

You don’t look like Bwomsandi. You look like a Death Knight to me.

Besides, 8.3 eyes aren’t the final product. Shadowlands will finish the eyes.

1 Like

He’s unfrozen in the BFA cinematic though, I know that happens after this, but he should be unfrozen already.

Blizzard cut my beard off while I was dead. I will weep and murder people until it is restored.

1 Like

The effect is clearly modeled off of Bwonsamdi, which was based on the effect The Helm of Dominion had.

Frozen Throne box art from Warcraft 3, Arthas didn’t have obnoxious vapor flowing out of his eyes.

Like I said, on some races like Blood Elves it’s ok. It isn’t so obvious. On human males at least it’s wayyyy over the top.

1 Like

I’m more than happy to be able to skip the original Death Knight starting area. Boring quests, long drawn out RP that you can’t skip… works for me.

3 Likes

i assume he defrosts himself for when Slyvanas arrives.

Yeah, because Bwomsandi was their first attempt at the effect in game. But it was clearly based off of the power that the Lich King had. There’s no rule or lore that states it’s only because of the helm, as far as I have read. Just because he wasn’t seen flaring his power without his helmet doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

God forbid they start working on giving y’all something cool, though. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Being given a free rez sounds better than being buried to your shoulders and having your face kicked in Revendreth.

1 Like

I mean anything is possible with regard to lore I guess. Doesn’t mean it isn’t a ret-con.

I’m not really complaining about the effect being added. I’m complaining that I can’t remove it in the barbershop and that it is so over the top on my character in particular (a human male).

It isn’t a retcon. Not once anywhere was it ever stated that the helm made the eyes flame. They just never said anything at all about eyes. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Sadly, you’ll have a year to deal with it until they fix it in Shadowlands. Options for less brightness in eyes for people that don’t like flashlights or effects would be nice.

wear a helmet should help the effect.

If you think it isn’t a ret-con, then you don’t know what a ret-con is. A ret-con is when they change something that was understood to be the case with a contrivance. Much like the way you are arguing now.

I’m shocked, I tell you! SHOCKED!
I’m not really shocked.

1 Like

I’d prefer to have more “normal” eyes but cadaveric skins. Like Rivendare, for example.

Bolvar will be forever be known as that one guy who let in the furries.

Can confirm.

1 Like

It sounds like they devoted less energy to it than the Void Elf launch, which looked like it took the work experience kids entire lunch break.

First of all, it’s “retcon.” “Ret-con” isn’t a word.

Secondly, not once at any place in time, was it ever stated that a blue glow was only because of a helm.

This makes absolutely no sense. :roll_eyes:

They said from the start that allied dks werent getting a zone. And to keep the story easy to follow it is a generic “you were a great hero during this timeframe and are worthy of being rezzed.”

Not sure why it’s a surprise.

1 Like

Worgen, Tauren, Trolls (Darkspear/ Jungle trolls are furred)… Draenei have horns, hooves, and tails, and tentacles… But yeah, was all Blovar. :thinking:

1 Like

You know you’ve lost when you’re attacking my use of a hyphen.

By the way:

ret·con

/ˈretkän/

noun

noun: retcon ; plural noun: retcons ; noun: ret-con ; plural noun: ret-cons

From the google definition, which sources Oxford.