New Datamined Shaman legendary effects look sexy af

Class Legendaries

[Ancestral Reminder] Bloodlust or any similar effects last an additional 20.0 sec on you, and you gain an extra 10% Haste from any Bloodlust type effect. (Hand, Trinket slot) Ancestral Resonance, but better imo.

[Deeply Rooted Elements] Casting Stormstrike has a 5.1% chance to activate Ascendance for 6.0 sec. (Neck, Body slot) Its good and I hate that its good.

[Deeptremor Stone] Earth Elemental has a permanent Earthquake attached to it. (Legs, Wrist slot) Can’t see this being used much tbh.

[Chains of Devastation] Casting Chain Heal makes your next Chain Lightning instant cast. Casting Chain Lightning makes your next Chain Heal instant cast. (Shoulder, Waist, Weapon Main Hand slot) Honestly seems more like a Resto specific legendary, but I get why its usable by all three specs.

Enhancement Legendaries

[Doom Winds] Dropping Windfury Totem grants you 100% inceased chance to gain Windfury Weapon for 8 sec. This can only occur once every 60 sec. (Neck, Legs slot) Tactical timing for placing Windfury totem? I can get behind that.

[Legacy of the Frost Witch] Consuming 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon will reset the cooldown of Stormstrike and cause your next Stormstrike to deal 100% increased damage. (Shoulder, Hand slot)
Its just good and I like that its good.

[Witch Doctor’s Wolf Bones] Increases the chance to gain a stack of Maelstrom Weapon by 5%, and whenever you gain a stack of Maelstrom Weapon, the cooldown of Feral Spirits is reduced by 2.0 sec. (Body, Trinket slot) Elemental Spirits just spiked in value as a talent.

[Primal Lava Actuators] Each time Flame Shock deals Periodic damage, increase the damage of your next Lava Lash by 10% and reduce the cooldown of Lava Lash by 0.5 sec. (Hand, Finger slot) Possible reason to choose cycle of the elements? Nah, but its still really strong!

Elemental Legendaries

[Skybreaker’s Fiery Demise] Flame Shock damage over time critical strikes reduce the cooldown of Fire Elemental by 1.0 sec, and Flame Shock has a 30% increased critical strike chance. (Waist, Trinket, Weapon Main Hand slot) Encouraging spreading flame shocks? Sold.

[Elemental Equilibrium] Dealing direct Fire damage increases the damage of your next Frost spell by 30%. Dealing Frost damage increases the damage of your next Nature spell by 25%. Dealing Nature damage increases the damage of your next Fire spell by 20%. (Feet, Wrist slot) HIT THEM WITH ALL THE ELEMENTAL THINGS.

[Echoes of Great Sundering] When you consume 6 or more stacks of Fulmination with Earth Shock, your next Earthquake will be instant cast and deal 6% additional damage. (Body, Finger slot) Make it 6% per stack and I’m sold.

[Windspeaker’s Lava Resurgence] When you consume 6 or more stacks of Fulmination with Earth Shock, gain Lava Surge and increase the damage of your next Lava Burst by 6%. (Wrist, 2H Weapon slot) Second verse same as the first.

Resto Legendaries

[Jonat’s Natural Focus] Healing Wave and Healing Surge increase the healing done by your next Chain Heal by 0%, stacking up to 0 times. (Legs, Feet slot) Me thinks something be missing here…

[Spiritwalker’s Tidal Totem] After using Mana Tide Totem, the cast time of Healing Wave and Chain Heal is reduced by 50%, and the mana cost of Chain Heal and Healing Wave is reduced by 100% for 10 sec. (Feet, 2H Weapon slot) So basically innervate fused with a mini lust you wut mate?

[Primal Tide Core] Every 4 casts of Riptide also applies Riptide to another friendly target near your Riptide target. (Neck, Finger slot) One word: Moist

[Earthen Harmony] Earth Shield healing is increased by 300% if your Earth Shield target is below 50% health, and Healing Wave adds a stack of Earth Shield to your target, up to 9 maximum stacks. (Waist, 2H Weapon, Weapon Main Hand slot) The good ol’Earth Shield classic has returned!

4 Likes

If I have to run Deeply Rooted Elements, my least favorite part of Legion Enh is going to hit me like an appetizer of jalapeno poppers: leaving me sweating and doubled over in the bathroom for an hour.

Imo, nothing says terrible design quite like a really low chance to proc a very short duration of a disappointing cooldown.

The rest look really cool though.

2 Likes

tears up You accurately described Ascendance so beautifully

3 Likes

Tying doomwinds to wf totem seems problematic. Because presumably you want wf totem down all the time and you generally would want to cast it on approach. So it takes away from the ability to choose your timing for doomwinds.

2 Likes

WF Totem doesn’t have a cooldown though does it? So you just re-cast any time you want to trigger Doom WInds?

Or am I missing something?

I mean yes it can create awkward situations where placing a windfury totem would benefit your team in an arena, but would negatively impact you because the timing isn’t good for a doom winds proc. In PvE the impact would be much less severe imo in any situation.

There is a 60sec internal cooldown for the Doom Winds proc.

people are just gonna be macroing WF totem to every ability so it is always up lazy design is lazy

1 Like

Windfury Totem is on the GCD though isn’t it?

I’m sure it’s on the GCD, and if it isn’t, but Crash Lightning still has a chance to get WF to proc on multiple targets, I can absolutely see wanting to time it for an add phase/upcoming big pack.

I am most excited about elemental equilibrium.

Echoing shock does elemental damage. Which means it will give all the buffs. Elemental blast is a combination of all the elements…Do you see where I am going with this?

3 Likes

Resto shaman legendaries outside of the Manatide one are absolutely crud.

Even the manatide one turns into using manatide as a giga healing CD not as a way to gain mana back. At odds with each other.

1 Like

sold me right here.

Overall i like them, some might need some tweek to be more competitive with the others.

Either way I’m more excited to play shaman in SL and thank you for posting them

Why? Why are the devs so obsessed with Riptide all of the sudden? Spreading Riptide is not a core mechanic of the class… We use it because it’s one of our only instants and because it gives us a Tidal Wave stack. That’s it. It’s not a Renewing Mist, it’s not a Glimmer, it’s not Atonement, it’s one of the most uninteresting and lackluster hots in the game.

1 Like

I want to just reply that this legendary with the covenant ability for resto that makes HW hit all target with Riptide on them will actually be good for team content.

My problem is that Riptide just feels bad to cast 99% of the time. I wouldn’t mind all of the interactions and attention it’s getting if this wasn’t the case, but I could do a whole write-up on how it disrupts the flow of the spec and needs gigabuffs but whatever.

It will make that covenant ability better, but there’s still far too much setup required to make any practical use out of it.

What? A shaman ability that takes setup and skill and not just faceroll???

Sounds like the perfect Shaman skill

So we get bloodlust for 60 seconds with 40% haste? A shiver just went up my spine.

2 Likes

Or if it works like BFA 15 secs of bloodlust at 30% haste in PvP!

2 Likes