New cut scene confirms jailer

Hate to break it to you but what Mortis said is correct .

Denathrius , Primus , Archon , Winter Queen , Arbiter and even the Jailer or on the same level of beings as the Titans.

This is where the idea of the Dreadlords working for Denathrius came from .

The concept of it is the Dreadlords have actually been working for the forces of death the whole time and are spies that infiltrate the other cosmic forces .

They started as part of the void when Sargeras first captured them. Their influence turned him form a being of order to disorder . With the legion defeated and the pantheon on full time Sargeras baby sitting mode both the forces of order and disorder are out of the way .

With the last Old God defeated the void is out of the way for now . As for the forces of light Lothraxion might actually be just a spy .

That’s all that matters is what the writers say . Canon is what ever they write, not what any player thinks . Our opinions about what the lore should be mean nothing . They want to change lore that is their right since it is their intellectual property .

DAMN, Waidmann laying down the law on yall.

:rofl:

Just laying down a little reality there.

Without engaged readers, there’s no point for the lore. If you keep changing lore for thread-bare plots and your readers stop reading, the writers can have the right to change whatever they want because no one is reading it anymore.

1 Like

Well if you think about it probably maybe half of the players if that read the books and probably the same can be said about reading the quests .

So pretty much a good chunk of the player base isn’t reading the stuff.

How is that a good thing, and why do you want to defend bad writing?

1 Like

I guess I’m in the minority because I read every single quest no matter how fetchy it is.

I’ m not saying it is good or bad but as the game evolves so must the lore .

WoW lore can not be stuck at WC3 lore forever and pretty much all of WoW up until now has been kind of stuck on the lore of the RTS games . It must change and evolve as new xpacs come out because we are past the point of the rts lore being relevant.

I am the same way and it drives me nuts when the quest giver walks away when i am trying to read it.

Wish it was cogent and character driven instead of the typical ‘world ending’ snooze-fest.

That would be cool but they prefer we be on the theme park rollercoaster and not in a sand box.

So if I’m going to be on the roller coaster I’d rather it have all the loops and switchbacks and twists then just have it be a constant going in the same circle over and over.

And if they don’t adapt or make new lore then the story for the game will just be round and round and round :sleeping:

You’ve been riding that same rollercoaster for years now, except there’s a shade of different paint.

I can’t accept seeing the same formula over and over while perfectly good characters are just turned into some writer’s personal project (looking at you Golden).

Yeah I agree there has been to much of the WoW team simping of characters lately.

Ok so what if we look at this from a different light…

The jailer has a hole in his chest and the arbiter looks like it has that part of the jailer in it’s, they are strikingly similar.

What if the Jailer was actually the original arbiter who knew the other covenants were turning rogue. Remember the jailer pulls a memory of the finest mourneblade not the actual blade, meaning it’s been made and handed out probably at this point.

The runecarver might have been making that sword to take over Azeroth.

What if the Jailer had discovered that before and that is why he was imprisoned, maybe the leaders of the other covenants wanted to take over the world of the loving because we are screwing things up royally. He rebelled and was cast out in due turn.

Maybe we are fighting for the wrong side for once and have yet to figure it out.

Feel free to check out my thread here;

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-jailer-is-not-evil/840525/49

OP is about a month behind

I mean, I don’t think they do either.

i don’t have to know what they’re doing to know that they don’t know what they’re doing, lmao.

This thread has reached peak confusion.