New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

Does this help?

4 Likes

Huh. Cool, I like that a lot. As you said.

Same as separating eye color from face style (thank god for that)

3 Likes

Really? Well, while that’s pretty cool, unless you can also change your name I don’t think it’d be super relevant. Gender-neutral names will become scarce I think.

We already know what we want, Karen.

Blood Elves have several subgroups which we would like to see more customization for.

Farstrider Fantasy:
Farstriders are the Blood Elf ranger faction. They have nature themes and are seen in Warcraft 2 and 3. They’re an important part of the Thalassian military.

Customization features which appeal to the Farstrider Fantasy are:

• Tattoos like the one seen in Warcraft 2.
  • Feathers in hair for nature themes.
  • Arguably braids both long and short to keep hair from being caught in bow strings.

Magister Fantasy:
Magisters are the Blood Elf caster fantasy. Powerful mages of Quel’thalas and an important part of the Thalassian nation.

• Runic tatoos.
  • Longer hairstyles for ladies.
  • Eyes that match spell color effects for various casters such as orange for fire.
  • Hair crystals.

Blood Knight Fantasy:
Blood Knights are the Blood Elf Paladin faction. Once gritty, they’ve been redeemed by the Light.

• Scars because close combat injuries happen.
  • Torn or damaged ears.
  • Light colored tatoos to go with the golden eyes.

Other additions:

Class:

• Druids — Sin’dorei magisters have manipulated nature for ages. If Kultirans can be Druids, why not? They can be motivated by a desire to heal the Dead Scar and can have a redemption arc like Blood Knights did.
  • Shaman — Some people are requesting this. The healing to the Dead Scar narrative can be used here too technically.

Hair:

• Strawberry Blonde hair color.
  • Two-tone hair colors.
  • Since Void Elves are getting our skin colors can we get their hairstyles?
  • Afro-ethnic hairstyles like afros and dreadlocks to go with our dark skin colors.
  • More hairstyles for all races would be great tbh.

Facial Hair:

• Wizard Beards.
  • More options in general, see Night Elven implimentation.

Skin:

• Freckles

Dark Ranger Theme:
Dark Rangers are undead Rangers but use the Blood Elf rig. The skins for them and eyes for them already exists and it’s just a matter of turning them on. They could also add a Blood Elf rig to Forsaken as a toggle or choice but Forsaken players might not like that.

• Unlock undead skin for all classes.
  • Unlock red eyes.

The more out there themes:

Darkfallen Theme:
Darkfallen are undead Blood Elves found in Northrend. They’re vampyres and tried to join The Horde during BfA.

• Undead Skins
  • Red eyes
  • Bat-like ears
  • Claws
  • Fangs
  • Possibly bat wings.

Felblood Elf Theme:
Felblood Elves are Blood Elves who overloaded on the fel and mutated. They have bright colorful skin, horns blackened hands, and little feathery winglets.

• Colorful skins with darkened cracked hands.
  • Unlocking DH horns for all classes.
  • Wings/winglets, dark, light, possibly matching hair color.

Please let me know if I missed anything.

7 Likes

That does make sense. I’m sorry for being a little negative but the post above is really based on how I was feeling at that moment. A lot of thought and logic wasn’t involved. I’ve still got a lot to learn about reigning in emotional me with logical me. XD

I respectfully disagree with this. Farstrider tattoos aren’t really tribal in nature, at least not in my opinion. They’re not really at odds with the art direction as they are simply a visualization of a permutation in a multi-faceted society. Farstriders are a very important facet of Sin’dorei society, they are the military branch of their civilization and have a storied history, Arthas’ attack on Quel’thalas being a major example. Another facet of of Blood Elven society are the Magisters, also a crucial part of the race’s identity.

I can’t say with any accuracy whether or not it is a majority or loud minority, but the discontent isn’t isolated to this forum or it’s threads. I’ve seen it across the internet in multiple places. There are a lot of upset Blood Elf players.

Oh I will, you can bet on it. :smiley:

That’s why I still have some hope left for Dark Rangers, that and the fact that in Shadowlands we are hunting down THE dark ranger and her sexy knobhead of a mook and Dark Rangers have remained loyal to the Horde. There’s got to be a reason for that and I hope it’s because we’ll get Dark Rangers.

I think they could probably disable the skin and eyes for certain classes like paladins and prevent them from being used separate of their matching skin. Sort of like what they did with DKs as no other class can use them.

Please don’t take my disagreements personal, I don’t intend them that way. I like you and many others in this thread and on this forum despite not always agreeing.

2 Likes

I can change my real life gender at will.

The word you are looking for is SEX.

2 Likes

not to mention, the blood elves of tbc, are not the blood elves of bfa, mentally or emotionally and definitely not socially. i’d argue that their time in the horde has converted them from city elves to warrior elves. also elves live a long time and if they had tats once upon a time, that tat would still be there. so i think an argument can be made for belf tats.

1 Like

This still makes me wonder, will Void Elves with regular skin tones still keep the void tendrils on the hair, or will those be removed? Or simply will Void Elves get the hair styles and colors of Blood Elves too?..Additionally will Void Elves continue to inherit other customization options for Blood Elves since they’re essentially exactly the same?

we’re currently trying to come up with ways to differentiate them without either side being stuck to only one visual theme.

Corrected. Was just using the same terminology as everyone else, my bad.

2 Likes

Why would you feel entitled to everything Blood Elves get in its entirety? The HE theme (to an extent) is accessible on VE’s but under the Void Elf name, and Wayfarer lore, the other High Elf theme would be the main theme inherited by Blood Elves, why would you get access to all of it?

And on top of that where is Blood Elves second visual theme? Void Elves have two as is, assuming Blood Elves finally get our second visual theme
? You what? Want that too? Three visual themes?

Things like hair I support more sharing across all races, but as far as syphoning all BE’s stuff to VE’s its a hard pass, and what have BE’s to show for it on our end? What have VE’s shared? An eye color one could argue was inherently BE anyways? We want a second unique visual theme. In this very thread some argue VE’s only deserve the Farstrider tattoos
 and get this
 they argue exclusivity and uniqueness to Void Elves. So people obviously do understand uniqueness, they just don’t think the rules should apply to them too.

Again on hairstyles and colors, I personally support it and will be louder so supporting it, after Blood Elf customization is actually worked on as befitting a core race during core race customizations.

2 Likes

I don’t get why blood elves need to fit into a high society elf box. There are still farstriders, and have people forgotten who they are allied with? It may have started off as an alliance of survival but many blood elves seem to embrace the horde now, so why wouldn’t some of the horde tribal aesthetics be embraced as well?

I also don’t understand why anyone would actively seek to have LESS customization options!

5 Likes

If Blood Elves don’t get a second visual theme I think it makes it a bit harder for me to support “tit for tat” trading, which so far seems to be more of BE’s sharing with VE’s. So I hope that will be revealed and resolved by Blizzard so I can go back to asking for things like hair for VE/HE customization etc.

I will say this, if BE’s get things like holy tattoos, I support say VE void tattoos. But I wouldn’t support the “well we want Holy tattoos too, because we have the HE aesthetic also” so when people say “will VEs get all BE things” its hard for me to understand do you mean like verbatim or just parallel things that fit for VEs.

5 Likes

No one thinks they’re entitled to anything, it was a simple question about if VE will be getting anymore of the BE customizations as there really is very little that separates VE from BE aside from void corruption, it’s still too soon to say that they have a completely new culture, but Blizz gave them a different visual appearance in body and heritage armor because they didn’t just want to copy them over.

In regards to your latest comment, I wouldn’t mind just parallel or verbatim atm Blood Elves have access to plenty that can give them the HE aesthetic, weather you wish to accept that or not, it’s there already. VE regardless if we get more customizations from BE have enough on alliance to do HE appearances with just what we’ve been given. No one will complain if we don’t get more, but it would be nice if we did.

I still think high elves should be their own race because some themes don’t fit void elves.

9 Likes

Haulduron is the ranger general at present. Lor’themar is the Regent Lord, though he was previously a Ranger. And he will always be a farstrider.

2 Likes

therefore tattoos are necessary as customization options!

6 Likes

Or
 this is a different take I know
 but whether you want to accept it or not Blood Elves are the main High Elf brand so their claim on such themes supersedes Void Elves.

Void Elves have two visual themes, Blood Elves have one, and the theme VEs now share with BE’s I still think Blizzard should and will take great pains to make sure the BE themes are protected, its our main theme, its your secondary, to which we have no secondary visual theme.

Supporting verbatim tit for tat sharing from BE’s to VE’s, is not something I’d support. There are some HE fans who want Paladins, I’m indifferent on the topic, they would be more Void Paladins cool, its not my fight. But what is my fight is if that then brings requests to stealing BE’s light themes, which is part of our theme as the main High Elf branch, so would you want any holy tattoos we may receive in the future, and our golden eyes? Some people would, and I don’t support that being traded over too.

Personally I like this compromise, so long as the Wayfarer lore is confirmed, it would be the Alliance HE population people always wanted to play under a new name.

But it does come with some constrictions I guess in regards to protecting BE things, like our Sunwell light themes are protected now in my eyes, we definitely won’t be getting the Void type things imo. We do need a second visual theme but hopefully we get one.

On the other hand I know iirc you’d want Shamans? Hopefully that can be worked in somehow, maybe citation many Highvale become wayfarers? Or just flat out do the Void Shaman thing I heard someone talk about before, I definitely see many possibilities to making a lot of people happy, while still protecting BE lore and identity, its just when people push wanting more of the identity (like light themes, some people really want what they describe to be a pure holy related light themed, HE which would encroach on BE themes imo) thats when I disagree.

1 Like

I
 Yes. Yes they are.

2 Likes