New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

In before taking over Dalaran.

Blizzard would just take it from Alliance players for a 3erd…? 4th time?

Do we count the sandcastle magic?

1 Like

It would indeed, and like Ariel pointed out many of the HEs are the ones that ignored Anasterian’s call to return home anyways. So I think it’s a double case of not choosing Quel’thalas when given the option.

And things like Quel’danil just work so much better imo.

But I suppose in a way depending on what happens they do sort of have their own story in VEs now, depending on how and if the wayfarers are included, and then I guess the question mark is up in the air for the remaining HE groups, I will be most intrigued on the story though for sure.

2 Likes

There’s a dude in here with this wild headcanon that high elves should take over Dalaran.

Absolute mad lad. Pure rocket man.

Purge 2.0.

This time. It’s perg-sonal.

1 Like

I’ll ensure Dadghar has a new home.

Truthfully though, expanding the hinterlands lodge would make me happy. Considering the velf customs though I know that won’t happen.

Oh the pun-ishment.

1 Like

Actually, I didn’t even think about that. For it to pose a threat to the Sunwell, I guess it would mean that it was after they repaired it.

Even though that is the case, this doesn’t exactly mean the Void Elves didn’t care about being Sin’dorei. They never wanted their aflliction, and if not for being exiled, they would still happily be part of the Horde and the Sin’dorei, since Umbric explains those are the reasons they decided to study the Void in the first place.

I was wrong about no Blood Elves being present at Lordaeron. Apparently on the Horde side there is, so I guess there is one example of Void Elves and Blood Elves fighting each other.

What you’re saying actually makes sense, and I’m not trying to argue against that. But the Void Elves still haven’t specifically gone after Blood Elves unlike the High Elves have. And I don’t really think they ever will. Maybe Blizzard can make it feel fun and genuine, but as of right now, I still would muuuuuuuch rather Blizzard stick with the High Elf and Blood Elf conflict.

Also, Alleria and Umbric are the exact opposite of being juvenile. I doubt they’d even care about revenge or whatever you want to call it, for–rightfully–being exiled. It was their own fault, they have themselves to blame, even if they’re upset about not being Sin’dorei anymore.

How are those reasons stupid from a meta perspective? Their acceptance of Void Elves is the only thing that doesn’t really make much sense, but everything else about the High Elves does. I think they’re justified, and I think Blizzard has told their tale through plausible and believable scenarios(up until Void Elves were introduced). And even if not just for hating the Sin’dorei alone, High Elves hate the Horde too, so that probably makes the Sin’dorei look much worse in their eyes.

I don’t understand what part humiliates the Blood Elves?

1 Like

I’d be upset storywise if I was a horde player, because with all the new alpha stuff time and time again I see things going in a sour direction for Sylvanas. And hypothetically if Sylvanas ends up dying/ becoming the jailer or something at the end of SL. This basically means that almost all of the power houses on the horde are dead. Thrall literally cannot really use the power of the elements anymore. Baine never does anything by himself so it’s safe to say he’s low on the totem pole as well. Lorth’emar while I reckon is decent it’s still nothing compared to what we have on the alliance. Thalyrassa is a decent mage just decent compared to the alliance.

Meanwhile currently on the Alliance, we have two of the greatest priests Anduin and Velen. We have one of if not the best paladin Turalyon. We have two of if not the best ranger generals Alleria and Vereesa. One of which whom is pumped up on void naruu power. We have Jaina who literally has her staff as an artifiact of the thunder king. While the raid didn’t do him justice, his in-lore appearances make it clear that he’s damn well strong. Then Jaina is also a strong mage in her own right. We have Mathias Shaw who basically has the best spies and rogues. Sylvanas legit had to accept their existence because she couldn’t get rid of them in the fourth war. Malfurion is the most powerful druid and is still a part of the alliance. Tyrande currently is also extremely powerful due to her night warrior powers but that is subject to change in SL depending on what happens.

Point is, faction leader power levels don’t even compare. It really isn’t fair and needs to be balanced.

Even powered up Tyrande didn’t put a dent in nathanos’ plot armor though. It’s frustrating that the alliance is supposed to have all these major power houses but they somehow still can’t do anything.

11 Likes

I genuinely like their conflict though, even if they never become playable.

I agree with this. High Elves should resent Quel’thalas, imo. I think their place is in the Alliance and amongst its people, and I’d love for them to start creating their own homes, too.

1 Like

In my opinion, the notion that any High Elf that did not return to Quel’thalas when called and/or given the opportunity, and did not take on the name of Sin’dorei, has any claim on Quel’thalas is absolutely ridiculous. By virtue of remaining with the Alliance, they gave up any claim on their former homeland.

In the case of Lor’themar extending a generous offer for them to return, they would then become members of the Horde by default (and I personally feel that they should take on the name Sin’dorei if they do return). The idea that Silvermoon will ever be a “shared” city is preposterous.

11 Likes

I agree, yet when I said that people seemed genuinely offended on a personal level, and again I can’t remember the terminology but tried to describe my support for BE’s ownership of Quel’Thalas as supporting the wiping out of HE culture / peoples. Which I took major offense to because it had real world insinuations but people legitimately were more bothered by the idea of supporting BE’s in game then the real world terminology I took offense to, it still boggles my mind, I think I said something along the lines of “As someone who prefer BE’s, this is kind of uncalled for because it would be much easier for me to just not support HE’s all together given this attitude”. But its nice to know not everyone is … of that mindset I guess just when it gets a little echo chambery those types of people take the spotlight unfortunately.

And in the end I guess it doesn’t matter… but I start to see smaller scale variations of the same argument now, and or ideas that can lead to those types of people making a case for Quel’Thalas or what have you. So I tend to be very against any idea that I sense it going that direction even minuscule because I never know when its about to turn into a HE fan echo chamber with people like that again.

And I’ve also always been protective of BE lore, not the model, but the lore for sure.

2 Likes

High Elf Fans
> Complain about High Elves being dangled in their faces.

Also High Elf Fans
> Want more High Elves dangled in their faces.

:thinking: :confused:

2 Likes

They do more than fine all things considered. Too much screentime with teh current lore dev team = character destruction and regression of development achieved before, plain and simple. That´s how bad they are.

500% in support of this. What´s the point of a race that´s supposedly “SO core of the Alliance” when they want to go back to be isolated and independent from the humans like the current Belves are? If you ask me, this sounds like “I want to play Belves but on the Alliance”, and sorry but people asking for this are like 12+ years late.

It would absolutely contradict their status quo of “caring more for my human allies i love so much” thing they have going on now.

Pfff, please let them keep it. It was already moronic in Legion when Aethas crawled on his pathetic knees to be taken back.

Belves after MoP should had absolutely given the middle finger to the Kirin Tor for the next couple of milennia (fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice…)

There´s a reason we Belf regulars like to joke on SF about “Rommath being always right!!”… cause funny enough, this so far has been true. Belves don´t get much lore nor character development apart from Liadrin becoming more and more a long eared human pally or Aethas sinking into new depths of patheticness, but the very few times Rommath appears, it´s delightful.

Again, this is kinda contradicted by their inmediate actions following their rescue by Alleria; which was to join the at the time military enemy of Quel´thalas in an active war, in which their allies would expect of them absolute devotion and obedience. I don´t think Alleria would appreciate her militia refusing to fight because maybe their Belf cousin is in the same place at the time fighting for the Horde, for example.

That´s why I said the reasoning regarding the Velf induction in the Alliance was moronic. Cause it make them said one thing but act the complete oppoisite way. It´s terribly BAD writting.

Velves should had come from the Alliance, it was SO painfully easy to say they were a contingent of rangers that traveled with her since the old WC2 days, or that they were SC members taht decided to try the void inn admiration of Alleria as an iconic Alliance heroine (that would at least explain how they could fight AGAINST Quel´thalas a little bit more easily).

They´re totes juvenile. Alleria didn´t even cared to inquiry over the undead infestation (after literally witnessing it in the “Three sisters” comic, mind you) when getting into contact with the current leader of Quel´thalas (who was also her former friend, to add insult to injury. And when he complains to her about her poor manners, she literally throws a temper tantrum, gets even angrier when confronted to her hiding stuff from him and ask with an attitude if she can see the Sunwell -she doesn´t even ask nice, she goes straight to rude language-. all this classic juvenile behaviour; if the scenario screams something, that was Alleria hoping to get special treatment regardless of the reality surrounding her.

Umbric IS proven juvenile by the mere fact he still decided to fight against the Belves and support military actions that could be potentially done against Quel´thalas AFTER recognizing Rommath was right in forbiding them the void study. That´s teenage rebellion 101.

That´s the thing, man. When you go and analyze the PoV of the Velves, they don´t recognize their exile as justified. Same issue that is present with Helves qqing after getting exiled for causing civil unrest in the middle of a zombie apocalypse (totes idiotic of them to pretend they were some sort of victim).

Cause their reasons are selfish. Thjey didn´t care over the needs of the whole population stuck in a barren land full of undead, nasty trolls and huge shortage of resources, they only cared over old hatreds and their particular manaintake needs. In the middle of a catastrophe, is when people HAS to put the wellbeing of the whole above their personal wellbeing. And Helves didn´t do that, they made their own selfish choices and after they complained over the consequences those had on their lives.

To put it on perspective, the in-universe Helves of the SC and Quel´lithien are the irl people making manifestations short of hundreds of people in the middle of a COVID pandemic hitting hard their country and it´s medical resources.

You don´t know who Hathorel is, right? Cause if you knew, you wouldn´t ask me how a Helf vs. Belf scenario written by the same hacks that wrote BfA could be more than potentially humiliating for the Belf characters involved…

2 Likes

TIL: Blood Elves are evil and Void Elves would never want to fight them except when they do actually fight them.

TIAL: High Elves would want to fight Blood Elves because Blood Elves are evil except when they get together and hang out at the Sunwell.

2 Likes

We aren’t supposed to talk about fight club!

1 Like

But we do talk about malarkey and silly headcanons!

1 Like

No malarkey. None.

2 Likes

That is true…to be safe we should just talk about how pretty we are.

1 Like