New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

Anyone spouting such nonsense is ridiculous imo. The Blood Elves are the continuation and evolution of the original High Elf culture. The High Elves who have remained with the Alliance have (imo), had to develop their own new culture by assimilating into human societies. Sure they may keep several remnants of their old culture (which may or may not still be part of Blood Elf culture today), but I’m hard pressed to believe they haven’t circumstantially or intentionally left many aspects of their old culture behind as well.

4 Likes

Yup, current lore dev team stance. It was made quite evident when they villain batted a victim (I mean Hathorel explicitly states he WAs innocent and was not in cohorts with Garrosh, but of course he´s the bad guy cause he´s on Sylvanas side literally white washing Jaina at the time).

Never again will I trust in current Blizz lore team; much less with my fav race againts any character representing the blue side.

1 Like

:2nd_place_medal: :honeybee: :fairy: I asked like a week or two ago what the High Elf culture on the Alliance was because I wanted to know what exactly made them different to keep my knowledge of this all fresh in my mind and I never really got a straight answer.

Not the team, only 1 person is responsible for this.

The whole team or AT least the big Boss + the aforementioned writer and who knows who else. In such a “rotten apple” scenario, better to purge the whole of the batch I say.

Pff, that´s an easy one: Human Potential. they love it. They covet it. They literally marry to it XDXDXD

1 Like

I agree with most of what you said here :man_shrugging: I still don’t think Void Elves and Blood Elves actively going after each other would be as interesting as it is for the High Elves, which is what my point was this entire time. I feel like they basically have zero reason to attack the Blood Elves on their own accord.

And the High Elves might be selfish and whatever else you want to call them, but it doesn’t necessarily mean their reasons are stupid or moronic, even from a meta point of view. You can see the current High Elves as many different things, which is probably why a lot of people find them to be so interesting.

I did correct myself after I found out they have actually fought with Sin’dorei before. But still, I don’t really think they’d specifically go after them for their own reasons, unlike the High Elves would.

Those High Elves would have made that pilgrimage regardless of who was there. That whole scenario from start to finish was standoff-ish af.

I haven’t been arguing with headcanon? Point me to a single time I did.

TIL: Being exiled by someone and joining the opposite side of a war against someone is no reason to attack that someone.

Actually, I believe there is an amnesty extended to High Elves pilgrims visiting the Sunwell per the Quel’delar quest-line.

So to further the point you were making, there is really little reason High Elves would even want to claim Quel’thalas when they can visit their most precious relic anyway.

1 Like

Being salty over rightfully being exiled and attacking Blood Elves for basically no reason other than that vs. High Elves who have been attacked by both the Sin’dore and Horde before, and also just reject the Sin’dorei ideology.

I didn’t say it’s not a reason, it’s just not a good one.

They were kicked out for using Void Powers, picked up by Alleria who is also no longer able to go to the Sunwell and fight for the Alliance now, which means they openly fight Blood Elves.

Seemed plenty friendly to me.

Idk, you were arguing pretty adamantly about Void Elves having no reason to fight Blood Elves.

2 Likes

We haven’t gotten an in depth look at Alliance High Elf culture unfortunately. But it is something I am very interested to see explored.

What I’d expect to see is something along the lines of a people from a country that has changed politics to the point they could not accept and who have immigrated to a new country. These people are then making efforts to assimilate within that society while also trying to preserve aspects of their old culture as well.

These immigrants would also struggle with interracial parings as some of them choose partners of their new home’s race and produce interracial offspring. I would expect there to be some mourning of the loss of their old way of life as they integrate into their new society, while trying to preserve some aspects of their original culture, but also purposefully leaving behind some aspects of their old culture that aren’t conducive to integration.

The story of that kind people is very compelling to me.

7 Likes

This plus what we have seen of the Silver Covenant who for all intents and purposes is likely to be the biggest amount of unified Helves on the Alliance all make it seem like they still hold true to their traditions.

Not to be rude but other than that it just appears to me they are just sidekicks to Humans, to be completely honest.

2 Likes

I think Void Elves deserve lore instead of having their lore dev time hijacked by High Elves much like people are trying to do to the Void Elf race in general.

2 Likes

I won’t label them thus because we haven’t actually seen any real story telling about the Alliance High Elves. We’ve only gotten a very limited look at the military angle (Silver Covenant) and relative isolationists (Highvale), when what I’d really like to see is a more in depth look at the High Elf citizens of Stormwind to be honest. Even as just “sidekicks to humans” they have a story of their own I’d like to see.

Only because they’re aligned with the Alliance. I’m not saying they wouldn’t fight Sin’dorei(now that I’ve seen Blood Elves at the Lordaeron event), but they basically only fought the Sin’dorei because who they’re associated with(which is the Horde). High Elves have attacked the Sin’dorei before without any outside influence–they’ve done it on their own accord.

What part, exactly?

Even on the Horde side of things, Auric still makes it a point to let the PC know him and the High Elves aren’t Blood Elves, and they don’t refer to themselves as such. He seems standoff-ish to me.

I was arguing that their conflict with Blood Elves would feel much more forced than what it does for High Elves, and I tried to use a false example as to why, but I did correct myself. Even though they have fought with each other before(thanks to circumstances), I’m still not convinced that they’d specifically target one another.

Tomorrow is the big dayy <3 Hopefully we get some great news!!

4 Likes

The Alliance aligned Silver Covenant attacked the Horde aligned Sunreavers.

On the Isle of Thunder the Alliance aligned Silver Covenant gives pvp quests to Alliance Players to attack the Horde.

The part where Auric goes we are all children of Quel’thalas?

Except they are. Their reasonings would have condemned the rest of the race to perish for superficial reasons. And that´s stupid. Specially when the enviroment and the aftermath of the catastrophe demanded the opposite of their desires:

"Journal of the Regent Lord, entry 83

I cannot remember the last time I told anyone such a bald-faced lie, even since I was forced into politics. But I did lie to Aethas, and he knows it, and I know it, and anyone who heard me say it knows it. My will means very little, in fact. I can pretend my power is real, but in the end, it is all an act, and none of it is honest. I can wash my hands of it, play martyr, be victimized, and accomplish nothing, or I can fight and victimize others in my turn and thus become the essence of all I have battled. If I have ever rationalized my choices using any other logic, I was certainly lying to myself. Hawkspear was right: I deal with the devil indeed, but the Sunwell may never have been restored had we not sunk to those levels. He and Aurora can sleep soundly, knowing they have never compromised their ethics, but if they deny that they prosper in the wake of those who have, then they delude themselves as much as I."

This, basically. If the Helves got to prosper, was thanks to getting support from their Human / Dwarf allies/ families (Veeresa literally had Gary Stu Rhonin taking care of her addiction in Knaak´s novels) and the moral sacrifices of the Belves that got them a reignited Sunwell. Helves are STILL addicts, as much as the Belves. And they STILL need it to function at 100%.

I pay too much attention, I certainly don´t see them in-universe Helves in any positive light. They´re awful hypocrites in my book, the Wiundrunners the worst of the lot.

They don´t even need to visit, they get the freaking benefits passively.

I disagree, the part in which Lor´themar got OOC development by proxy of making him look like a power hungry idiot was NOT “friendly”. Nor much less Rommath being depicted as the histerical buffoon accusing the “poor wittle innocent Helfers” for something they weren´t related to (by proxy portraying a soft core villain batting of the Belf characters in favor of the Helf ones).

WHEN did Belves “attacked” the Helves that wasn´t caused by the Helfers first? Cause not even the “exile” was done with violence according to Sarah Piner herself (you know, the person responsible for “canonizing the exile” in the first place.

Heck, even ROMMATH manifest inner conflict over having to fight the SC HELFERS KILLING RIGHT AND LEFT THE BELF SUNREAVERS FFS!!! in the MoP Horde scenario. Rommath!!! The most pragmatic hardcore Belf character!!!.

I repeat: human potential. And no. it´s no jab, it´s canon lore deployed by the mouth of Elisande herself.

Man, Elisande was done SO dirty by the lore team…

He’s arguing against a story conflict between the two playable groups of Thalassian elves in favor of pushing his hitting the Blood Elves with a villain bat against pUrE elf agenda.

1 Like

I thought Elisande was awesomeee!! Shame was happened to her!

Man, same will totes happen with Velves as long as the same people writting BfA stay in charge. Then it would be “story conflict between the two playable groups of Thalassian elves in favor of pushing his hitting the Blood Elves with a villain bat against GoTh elf agenda”.

Elisande was fem Kael´thas… and just like TBC Kael´thas, she was villain batted to death (I mean, god forbids we get elf racial leaders that aren´t 200% care bear friendly… poor Tyrande is getting amazing IC development right now, but we all know this is gonna end with “A litlle patience 2.0: now the wisdom of the Son”).

2 Likes