New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

Because they’re not Horde. Only Horde gets the villain bat.

1 Like

well if pyromancer is correct, the real big bad is the light. people are speculating that whilst we are away in the shadowlands, alternate draenor y’rel and her band of light fanatics will come thru the dark portal and take over azeroth, as they would find it under siege by the now leaderless scourge . now ya know y’rel got villain batted so hard, they knocked her right into genocidal maniac territory. she’s lost the plot.

I don’t think necessarily think this is something I’d particularly be invested in, but it’s much more plausible than whatever Blizzard is currently doing for the Void Elves. I also don’t really think Void Elves are anywhere near as gross or monstrous as you guys are trying to make them out to be, but it’s whatever. Thank you for actually taking the time to explain your point of view, though.

a-We don’t know when the Void Elves decided to start their research. It could have been early on in the Sin’dorei development.

b-We haven’t seen a single example of a Void Elf killing a Blood Elf? The only canon interaction they’ve had with the Blood Elves was at Lordaeron, and the only Blood Elf there was Lor’themar. He didn’t even die.

They haven’t been written to hate the Sin’dorei. We have absolutely no examples of it.

I never said their reasons were noble or justified. But they still have their reasons, and I think they make for an awesome story, and that’s basically why I think they’re one of the best Alliance races/factions. No other race in WoW has conflict amongst themselves like these two factions of thalassians do.

Idk an AU character getting the villain bat hits different than idk some people’s beloved character since childhood like Sylvanas Windrunner. But that’s just me and my personal feelings on it, it is AU Yrel is it not? Is there a MU Yrel? I really don’t care for the dranei so I don’t particularly pay attention to their lore but I do have a general gist of things I think anyways pertaining to them.

Tbf, Void Elves have been portrayed (basically solely through Umbric) as being noble and kind. The only thing morally questionable about them is the fact that they studied the Void… but even then, they did it for noble reasons. I’d honestly say that Umbric is one of the more kinder characters in WoW’s lore, lmao.

1 Like

no mu y’rel, technically. anyway, the whole spiel i went thru about the void, void lords and void gods, is all related to this. a dying naaru, the highest form of light being we’ve encountered thus far, goes void eventually. so the light and the void are equally being set up to be antagonistic.

So it’s MU Yrel or AU Yrel?? I’m confused.

Either way have Alliance lose Jaina and then I’ll see even footing with losing characters to villain bats. It’s really hard for me to see Yrel on the same level as Sylvanas or Jaina, or someone from WC3 and I feel like Horde loses a lot of characters.

Ah yes, the not at all evil and totally friendly forced voidification of dinosaurs is unquestionably noble.

4 Likes

Ah yes, against the not at all evil and totally friend Zandalari, who have never done anything bad before. And the context to them raising those dinosaurs definitely doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

It means exactly what I explained to the guy.

Why the heck do you think I said it in quotation marks?

It’s ridiculous that anyone would have this big of a freakout over the sentence “More “goth” like jewelry options” and try to spin it as some attack on Blood Elves.

Just like you freaked out when I first added Dark Rangers/San’layn/Felblood to my list. Just because I was adding peoples subraces to the list of suggestions.

Just like you continue to freak out more and more. You are so scared that people having the OPTION to dress their characters a curtain way.

The fact that you keep arguing whenever they get brought up.

It’s plain as day you don’t want darker options even though you pretend you are okay with them.

But if someone dares mention any dark theme they have to prepare for a several page lecture.

You would not keep arguing about them if you where okay with them. You would not be acting like this if they concepts didn’t bother you.

Did anyone say it was a central focus?

No?

Okay then.

People are asking for OPTIONS.

Yeah…

It took Lenn to finally convince you that there are actually a lot of people asking for these.

And now you are having issues over a conversation where the word “Goth” when taking to another player about wanting some grittier options.

Why the hell should I have to police what I say so much again?

Why do I need to proofread a small conversation with another like minded player?

I shouldn’t. And I won’t. Accept it and move on.

More Goth-Like Jewelry options. Please Blizzard.

You are literally dragging a conversation on because I said “Goth” in quotation marks and started claiming I hate Blood Elves and am only asking for darker themes to corrupt them.

It’s pretty clear you like to take things in a hostel direction.

Except it was not supported by the established lore at the time.

I never asked for Void Elves be cleansed? What?

I’m asking for things in conjunction with the Subrace options.

And I only stated that the established lore of the time said it would take generations.

Yes, but he said lore wise it was a specific to Light Users but did not want to block the options to players.

Until he stated that it wasn’t clear.

You can have gold eyes on a warlock and you can have green eyes on a priest. It’s a good comparison.

It’s something available to players even though it’s not necessarily 100% lore supported.

I am promoting rune tattoos because-

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETRWQkaWoAkd8gf.jpg

Blood Elves have a LOT to do with Runes. People have been requesting the Box Art Tattoos since BC. Just like they’ve been requesting Night Elf Leaves and jewelry.

And it has large customizations options in the fact it can be used for EVERY magic type.

Heck, even you where asking for Holy Runes but got perturbed and overlooked mine because I wanted options for other magics as well.

Or, get this, I don’t thing Blood Elves are going to get a feature from an enemy faction leader over something as iconic as to Blood Elves as Runes.

The Void Elves would be getting something from their leader/teacher/design inspiration.

And it’s not like I’m actually that huge on Alleria’s tattoos. They are mostly on the list to keep the numbers even between and give both groups a “markings” option.

It was almost replaced with the Void Scars suggestion or just Void Tattoos. But it’s the option that makes the most sense for Void Elves and has the widest range.

And yet you freak out over the word goth. You denounced my Subrace suggestions as an attempt to corrupt Blood Elves despite them only being options. And you overlook that I am actually including suggestions for lighter themes.

Heck, I even like one of your post suggesting braids.

And you could have taken the polite path.

You could have said “Include some lighter jewelry as well!” or not gone into the tired “He’s just trying to corrupt Blood Elves!” or simply ignored me and made your own suggestion afterwards. It shouldn’t bother you that I’m making suggestions for things you wouldn’t use anyway.

Instead you chose the start a several day argument over me mentioning “More “goth” jewelry.”

Just like you did when I first suggested Dark Rangers/San’layn/Felblood the first time.

And you’re TELLING ME that you actually support these things when you want to start arguments about them?

You’re TELLING ME that I am against suggestions when you are making multi page reactions over just the mention of goth like jewelry in a conversation between me and someone else?

Get real.

They are still the closest race to the Blood Elves on the Horde side and many Dark Rangers chose to stay because of their kinship with Blood Elves.

And Blood Elves only ever joined the Horde because of Sylvanas and the Forsaken.

Plus. We aren’t seeing Sand or Dark Trolls on Echo isles and we aren’t seeing more than a couple Wildhammer in Ironforge. They don’t need to be a widely accepted thing on their main group to be a subrace. Just on the same faction.

And while it does make some sense have Dark Rangers as a Forsaken option they are already an NPC subsection of Blood Elves and just as much an Elven Fantasy as they are an Undead one.

And it would take the least amount of work to just flag the skin for players then get the Blood Elf rig working as an option for forsaken.

Some are actually but they already got the majority of the “Goth” ideas like chokers/nose rings and grittier options like Scars/Burns/Damaged Ears and of course Night Warrior options on all Skin/Face types.

The pretty much already got the options. Darker Jewelry options and more shaved Haircuts are requested but the recent Night Elf additions are pretty robust.

Well then that supports my view because I was drawn to them in WC3 when they where dark and gritty and again in TBC when they where dark and gritty.

The Shiny stuff is actually a new addition. Not the standard.

And they have been getting shiny stuff but people are unsatisfied. What do you do at that point?

Do you want more shiny jewelry? Do you want it replaced with something else? Do you have specific options you want? Do you want the option for another shiny thing?

Being opposed to Dark/Gritty Themes doesn’t help the Shiny/Pretty themes at all. Pushing for those things does.

Braids? Everyone likes that idea but that’s just one suggestion. It’s buried in all kinds of Haircut/Beard ideas.
Light Runes? Well that’s part of the entire Runes concept.

And I do not ever see them adding any body parts like Wings/Tendrils/Horns/Halos and the like.

And no one is arguing against the want of lighter themes. But a lot of people are making their all time request for Darker themes because they finally have the chance.

They aren’t crapping on the lighter themes.

Though I and many others openly crap on the idea of Lightforged/Lightbound stuff. It’s so one dimensional and dull. Making a race entirely around one thing is BORING.

I’m not.

Where did you get that idea?

There are just a lot more suggestions for Dark/Gritty Stuff.

Scars/Nose & Eyebrow & Lip Rings/Damaged Ears are all gritty.

Runs in Fel/Death/Faded/Arcane are all gritty with Light Runes being a good mix.

The three existing options for subraces are Dark Rangers, San’layn, Felblood. All dark.

Then we have people wanting Edgier Haircuts.

Then compare Lighter Themes.

Better looking Jewelry. Braids. Makeup. Kinda Light Runes. Kinda Faded Hair Colors.

These are all good options, but they are also vague and indirect. Or mixed in with Dark/Gritty options.

So that’s why it looks like there’s a larger focus on dark and gritty stuff. Because there’s more of it.

Then why are you grilling me over suggesting them/including them?

Except I am suggesting pretty stuff. I just include Dark/Gritty stuff and there’s more of it.

“Farstrider Tattoos” don’t exist. I’m not getting into this anymore. I’ve explained it enough.

Braids where on the draft already. (And I proved this)

And Blood Elves already have long hair? Do you mean like rapunzel Hair or just longer haircuts in general? Or do you mean like Nightborne have back length hair? That was on the list.

You have to be more specific then just “Long hair.”

Except they literally just added a bunch of pretty stuff.

The problem is you aren’t exactly being clear on what the problem is or what you want.

And the people who wanted darker stuff like scars and the like feel even more cheated than you.

There actually is. A lot of people don’t want to be shoehorned into glitter only and are voicing their distress over the lack of dark stuff.

They saw the Night Elf scars/piercings/jewelry options and the Void Elves getting multiple themes and are upset the options they want aren’t there.

I don’t have to pretend to speak for anyone.

This is just you being upset I haven’t put up your specific request or disagree on the possibilities of some and that I have more darker stuff than the lighter stuff.

And they changed the continuity that they didn’t have them in the first place.

There are no cases of it existing in WoW or WC3 or Books aside from it being a very specific thing to Alleria.

That’s the last I’m saying on the subject because this is ridiculous that I have to argue that imaginary traditions of farstriders aren’t things.

I’m not including things on my list that aren’t likely to happen.

The perceived malice is all on you. And seems to be eating away at you at this point.

I even encouraged people to make their own list if they don’t like/agree. At this point I would rather that happen then having to deal with this pointless back talk.

I don’t even have to do these. It certainly isn’t helping my sanity.

Human/Dwarf/Gnome Skin Colors where never a critical theme of Blood Elves.

Also, please keep your replies shorter in the future. Not everyone has time to respond to these.

I will NOT be responding to giant post anymore.

1 Like

What raising? They are actively corrupting already living dinosaurs (possibly eggs)

And just because you think you’re enemy is mean doesn’t turn everything you do good.

2 Likes

oh i dunno if she dies. i’m just saying, all this light and void focus is leading up to introducing light and void villains. and if pyro is right, the light, as holy as it may seem, is actually gonna end up being the worst of them all. anduin is big on the light thing. if you recall. doncha wonder why they did the echoes of arthas entrance into lordaeron when anduin confronted sylvannas? remember, the devs love the horde. it may not seem like it right now, but they do.

They did it to help their allies defeat their enemies, who are morally corrupt. These guys literally just tried committing genocide on one of their allied factions, so I don’t particularly blaming them for taking up any resource they can get a hold of, to defeat these people. The Horde and Zandalari are the closest definition to being evil as one can get.

1 Like

Nice justifications there.

2 Likes

Rialius is crit by Drede’s wall of text. He dies.

ps

Farstrider tats are valid.

3 Likes

holey rusted metal, batman. thats a huge post. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Isn’t it funny when you can tell someone only plays one faction?

1 Like

If they loved the Horde we wouldn’t have lost another Warchief, they would have written UC first to make more sense of Teldrassil being a reaction maybe occupied it only instead, and played up the war not some secret Jailer plot set up for Shadowlands involving … losing our Warchief and some people’s favorite character from childhood (speaking for myself).

The jailer could have been written to be free some other way, and how cool would it have been to see Sylvanas a Horde hero lead the charge into the Shadowlands for the Horde, also making sense because … she’s undead, so she could have still taken an intricate part of the expansion story without them writing the current state of things how they wrote them.

Well, sounds like it doesn’t matter what the void elves actually do. Sylvannas did the thing and so that turns every alliance atrocity into lawful good overdrive

3 Likes

I can’t name a single Horde race that seems evil to me.

Look at how the Stormwind guards reacted to that Troll at the Harbor who I think is from Cata just coming to warn them about something. That seems more idk questionable evil to me.