New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

No, it’s not because “I don’t like it”, it’s because they don’t hate the Blood Elves. They were the Blood Elves and believed everything they stood for, and they didn’t even want to become Void Elves. It’s not believable.

Tell me why it is though. I want to see your opinion.

5 Likes

Void Elves would actually benefit from being fleshed out and getting more lore.

High Elves would just be Blood Elves getting the villain bat in favor of the pUrE vanilla elves.

4 Likes

So you don’t really have a reason? You’re saying it’s good just because it’s a narrative you want to push

4 Likes

There’s also an element of HE fans that likes to side bar into how BEs should have never been playable. They were “much more interesting” according to them as a non playable villain faction, and HEs should have been playable instead re taking Quel’thalas. I disagree with that too obviously but it comes up often enough I feel like it’s a talking point for some.

But yeah I agree there is a lot of, anti BE sentiments at times that is annoying. But luckily not everyone is like that.

2 Likes

Not that I am looking for this particular HE/BE storyline per se but what you describe sounds like a terrible execution of a storyline.

If they do use that storyline, then a great result is when players from both sides feel justified about their hostility towards each other.

A bad result would be where either one side or both sides feel crap about their hostility towards each other (kinda like how I felt most of BFA playing on either faction)

Now, if you ask me about what story i would like to see next for BE/HE/VE, then it would be the founding of Silvermoon as both factions have the relevant races to explore this now. I am not big on hostility storylines

ah i see. well i’m adjusted to that particular malady since the hubby has ptsd and one of my wow friends is bipolar, will be happy one day and yelling the next. i just roll with it and giggle or else i’d likely have ulcers. usually helps diffuse it unless its particularly bad. if you’re that mad, may i suggest writing your own versions of the story lines as fan fiction. could be therapeutic. dont be mad i suggested it though. its…just a suggestion. friendly suggestion.

1 Like

I gave my reason.

I just happened to see a lot more story potential and a group of people that were accidentally turned into something monsterous going through trials and tribulations.

It’s hard for me to explain.

X-Men are more interesting than Superman for me.

1 Like

Man, hate and emotions are overrated in regards to narrative. Helves hating Belves for idiotic reasons (I mean funny how Fel was “bad” when the country was at risk of falling apart and using it was a necessity, not a comodity; but void whispers making people a psychopathic time bomb is A-OK just because the sister of muh Boss is one of them) is no less ridiculous than Velves saying they disregarded the orders of their magical authority to research something forbidden “supposedly cause they cared TOO much for the country”; just to join the enemy 5 secs later and end up killing their former buddies who they “risked so much to protect”. Both are terribad reasonings, and that´s why this particular can of worms is better staying ignored.

Ignore people that deliberately avoids reading stuff (cause they´re that: people negating the story and their very race); they´re not worth your time.

1 Like

And where does the Void Elf v Blood Elf story come into play here? They loved the Blood ELves, they were Blood Elves and wanted to study the Void specifically to protect their lifestyles as Blood Elves. Their strife with the High Elves is so much more genuine and believable. High Elves have actively opposed the Blood Elves since their inclusion in TBC, literally taking up arms and killing them on a few occasions.

1 Like

I am afraid you just don’t see the potential.

Care to exchange AO3s?

have always wondered why they would change from fel/drug resistant to void. the players didnt ask for this particular solution and it is a bit odd, to say the least. i’m trying to imagine what could possibly explain it. so far, i havent arrived at any believable explanations. all that comes to mind is ion’s determination to phase HEs out as a racial group, so if they become velfs, they’re no longer helfs, his problem is solved.

I disagree on the grounds of Blood Elves existing and are also High Elves.

But I’m also supportive of the current customization compromise so long as it included wayfarer lore / becoming new Void Elves is the main thing I’d want confirmation on but even that isn’t entirely entirely necessary just high on my list of things.

High Elves have perfectly fine reasons for hating the Blood Elves, I don’t really know what else to say? They’ve basically never agreed with anything the Blood Elves have done, going as far as straight up abandoning them.

Isn’t this literally you doing exactly that, but just with the roles reversed? I don’t know why you’re trying to downplay my arguments as headcanon(even though I’m using proper examples of WoW’s lore) while you’re using actual headcaon as the motive for your desired Void Elf v Blood Elf conflict.

1 Like

alliance helfs, he said they were being assimilated into other racial groups and this is why they had no sizable hubs of population from which to draw a playable race.

Well if the VEs can look like a non Void Thalassian Elf. And we can get lore confirmation on the Wayfarers being new Void Elves, it’s not really necessary to see them playable. Though I wouldn’t argue against it either.

But I was just disagreeing with your point on him removing HEs as a entire racial group you didn’t specify and it sounded to me you meant them in their entirety and not just the Alliance group of them. But I understand what you’re saying now.

Did I say anything was forced?

From the perspective of someone who RPs both Blood Elves and Void Elves (meaning I actually write, and write a whole lot in the Warcraft universe) I see great story potential from what could be.

You are stuck on the past and I’m thinking of the possibilities.

I did take a moment to jot down my thoughts to try and explain it to you more succinctly but I don’t think you’ll understand.

Unlike the Blood Elf vs High Elf conflict which will always boil down to the Blood Elves being hit with the villain bat in favor of the bland pUrE Elves, the Void Elf vs Blood Elf conflict actually has no clear hero or villain. It’s flexible like that.

To a Void Elf who has been turned into a blue tentacle mutant there may be feelings of pain and betrayal towards the Blood Elves for exiling them as punishment for their selfless sacrifice. They’re suffering from a traumatic transformation and may be trying to find themselves and reaffirm their personhood/humanity for want of a better term. This may lead them to be strongly pro-Alliance and anti-Blood Elf.

To a Blood Elf, the Void Elves are rebellious fools who deliberately disobeyed Rommath and were exiled for their treachery. They’re filthy void monsters and a threat to the Thalassian way of life—a threat that must be dealt with before it rises up and threatens the Sunwell again.

Each side is the hero of their own narrative. Each side is flawed, tainted, and imperfect. That’s what makes it so interesting.

1 Like

so take the scattered alliance helfs willing to tinker with the void…boggle…rename them velfs, and now he doesnt have to deal with it anymore.

BfA, nuff said. Take that into account and then imagine the SAME people that wrote this parody of a faction war expac making the Helf vs. Belf vs. Velf.

I do and I get VERY scared while at it. It´s terrifying.

Indeed, and in classic Blizz stance, they did this without taking into account how it MASSIVELY destroyed both the Helf and the Velf characterization (I have mentioned it before, but the atrocius lore done in BfA to justify the Velves only managed to make the Helf NPCs look like massive hypocritical a-holes and the Velves themselves like massive morons. They had tons of different ways to justify Velves different from “Belf magisters that act like rebel teenagers and get saved by a Deux Ex, and as a result they get exposed as not even caring for their nation nor race in the first place lololore”, but noooo… let´s use the most stupid narrative /facepalm).

Which is incoherent when we realize A) the Sunwell was already recovered -making the use of Void magic merely the whim of the researchers and not the necessity Fel was back in TBC when they were Sunwell-less - and B) they were only too happy to jump ship and to start killing Belves left and right in the “faction war”.

Moronic, reasoning is moronic.

Not accidental buddy -proof is an actual competent a-hole like Dar´khan knew better than to continue with the research, and the even more knowledgeable Rommath told them to NOT mess up with that stuff becasue he knew it was bad for the Sunwell´s stability; to the point Umbric himself recognized that “Rommath was right” AFTER Alleria rescues them, the irony.

Which ones, gourmet mana veganism in the middle of the zombie apocalypse? (when you know, soldiers actually were struggling to merely keep the terrain they had. When one realizes Hawkspear et al wanted to be carried by the other Belves is when one realizes who the jerks were -and proven absolutely with their less than intelligent answer in Lor´s short story-). Alliance with the Orcs and undead that DID help at the time instead of the Humans + Dwarves that officially ignored Quel´thalas plight and even tried to catter to the unlawful orders done by a racist madman? Those “justified” reasons?

Cause me thinks those are hypocritical BS perfectly attuned to the likes of Veeresa “the sins of my cousin are not his but of the country he belongs” Windrunner. Prejudiced and ignorant, not precisely justified, dear.

2 Likes

swing that villain bat like ya mean it!
/ducks and remakes herself as a nelf
:laughing:

Part of me is afraid the Void Elves in story are going to end up being good, and BEs getting portrayed poorly. Especially with all the light and void stuff coming up on speculation a lot. I’m not too knowledgeable in that area though, I just want to play my Undead BE (looking at Blizz to add the customization options). And then I’m just going to eye the story cautiously. But idk why I have a feeling VEs won’t get the villain bat.