New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

As a means of giving people high elves.

No it doesn’t. It lets people customize their character the way they want.

Care to show an example then? It’s clear that MANY people want those things.

Weird things like Wings/Horns/Tendrils are pretty much never going to happen.

Light runes are part of the magic rune suggestions.

Scars/battle damage/dark jewelry colors/nose & eyebrow rings are likely to happen.

Dark Rangers/San’layn are a big request and take little effort for Dark Rangers.

True with every request.

That’s just an irrational fear.

Any Horde addition could result in that.

Light themes are already being turned into villainous stuff in shadowlands for goodness sake.

Dark Rangers are already written in a good light.

San’layn are likely to be tied to the Kael’thas redemption.

Someone getting a player option to play a darker character doesn’t erase the goodie tooshoos stuff.

That’s just more irrational fears talking.

Someone getting darker customizations isn’t erasing the lighter ones. It’s letting people play the darker ones that they enjoy in ADDITION to the lighter ones.

That’s true with every group.

You shouldn’t get offended that some people want to whitewash their favorite characters. It bugs me that people do it with both High/Blood Elves but that’s not a reason to claim a conspiracy.

3 Likes

Hmmm well I have been quiet because my sub expired, and I was going to wait until Wednesday to see if BE’s finally get some of our requests that will make the difference in me thinking we’re getting some actual love / thought. But I decided I’ll sub because I’m missing this TW thing so I normally do 6 month things, but I’m going to do 1 month until I see what BE’s are getting exactly.

That being said I am going to comment on this, I’m not sure what runic or Farstrider tattoos are or what’s what, as I do think BE’s deserve them but its not something I personally will use so the two names confuse me, I’ve used one but not the other and vice versa before now I just advocate for both.

I will say this I think the Farstrider tattoos are the paint like ones? If so I’d argue they should be for Blood Elves, I would also argue them for Void Elves but definitely not Void Elves instead of Blood Elves.

To me why is it that before this people were about sharing assets, now all of a sudden when its something they feel is theirs they’re not about that anymore? Why is that, that? I think the exclusivity argument is out the door for a lot of things now as is, regardless I’d argue the tattoos for Blood Elves anyways. But on top of it, what have VE’s really shared with BE’s so even if people did feel like they shouldn’t go to BE’s from the stand point of having really shared relatively little, in comparison to BE’s assets being shared I would support it on the basis of fairness too.

So to summarize I agree with you Avarie.

And I am still wanting BE’s second and well deserved visual theme in the form of Dark Ranger / Undead Elf things, and I am hoping that it not only easy but that it is something in this thing coming up they have planned to talk about Shadowlands.

4 Likes

Yeah. Night Elves have always had a really strong art direction.

I don’t think that they know their audience with Tauren…

They’re like… crushed between the fact that they should be absolutely horrifying, terrifying, monstrous minotaurs and the fact that they’re sort of just cute. Particularly the female Tauren…

Which I think is why they’re getting hit by the flowers instead of, you know, having disembodied human arms hanging from their horns.

Honestly that would be a bit much for the honorable tauren to have there…

1 Like

lol :rofl: with daisy flourish

Runic ones would be more magister themed, which also for for blood elves, of course.

I think there’s no reason to leave either group out, and tats of all kinds should be added for everyone.

3 Likes

Eh, don’t mind the flowers, and don’t think that the traditional minotaur accessories really fit. But I’d like more horn options (especially for females) With a few broken options for all of them that say you could choose left, right, or both on. More than just nose rings for piercings, scar options. Basically make more distinct categories like the Night elves have that multiply your combinations rather than bundling stuff together in a more limited fashion.

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean… right now they’re cruising with the noble savage theme they’ve been doing since Warcraft 3 for Tauren…

hence… Flowers.

but I have no idea what people who are like, “I’m going to play a Tauren” in WoW actually want…

I get the feeling it’s less dudes with dream catcher tattoos and more dudes who want to play Warhammer beastmen? But I’m not sure. Whenever I see a female Tauren their wearing practically nothing and I presume that they’ve got dream catcher tattoos.

But I think that WoW developers struggle with that. They kind of thrive in two situations:

1. Players tell them exactly what they want. (Which, in the case of High Elves they’ll ignore. But like, think Undead joints being covered.)
    Or
  2. Races they have pretty strong art direction for… like, The Night Elf vine stuff kind of happened independently of requests and Wildhammer Dwarves are something Developers really wanted to add.

And so I think for Tauren they just like… run out of juice. I personally haven’t seen any huge requests for customizations and the cartoony style really flips the scary minotaur thing on it’s head.

1 Like

what about taunka?

Here here,

Longer blood elf beards and a mustache option would make a beautiful addition to these Customization changes.

Does any fine lady or gentleman second this motion?

3 Likes

If they actually made a female head for it and gave them both actual customizations that could make unique faces and not just “And this is the taunka face”

I second this motion.

2 Likes

Taunka probably would have made a good Allied Race…

and High Mountain Tauren would have made a good customization option.

1 Like

I think they could hang Dream Catchers from their horns and it would be cool.

2 Likes

feltotem? what about them?

Add them to HMT, along with Warlock and Demon Hunter.

2 Likes

It would be.

Wonder if they’re just trying to avoid too much cultural appropriation? It’s kind of a little late for that. They should just go hard with native american customizations.

1 Like

might work as customization for HM. But not really that big a deal unless it gives us the Tauren Demon Hunters we deserve.

I’ve recommended this, which always ends with someone mentioning Tauren Demon Hunters, and me saying, “Balrogs!”

I approve anyways.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c9/31/a9/c931a98cf962369c283c35fd71c2586a.jpg

2 Likes