New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

a circlet for the head made of silvery stars.
pink, lavender, light blue, white and black hair colors.
a super long hair style, straight, no tentacles.
scifi flavored stuff.
art nouveau.

1 Like

We’re talking about Chris Metzen and the developers. They’ve got golden eyes

Right now the Blood Elf theme is massively different than what we’re looking at in BC.

Look at them in Nazmir or Vol’dun. It’s a bunch of Paladins and Priests, OR
 A bunch of Paladins with literal Blood Mages. Not the old school ones, like, Blood Magic mages.

They Blood Elf narrative needs updated pretty badly. Tell me what is happening. haha.

That’s already happening.

I could see them doing the race names without doing other stuff like limiting classes or customization options. I could be wrong. But it would just be so much work

Still. They’re kind of redoing the new player experience, so who knows

1 Like

depends on what they’re doing, I’m not a fan of repeating aesthetics too often, so it might be more convenient but I wouldn’t want too much copy pasting between the races, they should have their own unique accessories. Like how I think ranger tatts should be unique designs that draw on the same style (since celtic keeps being used, all celtic, but different knots and patterns) jewelry and such should have some similarities but still be unique to the race.

Oh for sure down the road. I’m just talking for pre-patch since allied races weren’t really on the table for extensive customization additions. Those things I mentioned before were just what I’d be satisfied with for pre-patch launch, not all I want to see added!

honestly BE lore is going all over the place. there is bits of story where they are still shown as power hungry, then going blood knights all over the place, then power hungry again and vice versa. We could use a another BE v HE patch or something that explains the differences in detail and how they grown. I still don’t see them as holy elves, just a section of their army as paladins left over from BC.

Yeah
 but
 ranger tattoos
 etc.

Also some stuff would be fine to be shared. Like, facial scars. They can share facial scars between all the races.

Yeah. But that limits customization volume a bit. I agree with you, but

I don’t know man. Hopefully they put more work into everything than I think they will. So far the whole improved customization thing has been about dodging out of making a million palette swapped races. Except for Night Elves. I’d like to see Night Elves get more but they’ve done some work there.

Are you talking about little old me?

2 Likes

The Gnome Master Race (excluding Gnomest) Yes I was.

Pinnacle of Gnome evolution we’re looking at right here.

They can add all the customization options they want. This is gonna keep happening. You can’t beat perfection.

Some of this is coming from me not actually being too invested in my elf characters but being REALLY underwhelmed with the tauren options so far. I mean, really, night elf men have 1800 different combinations just for their facial hair. There’s more than elves, let’s get some of that love spread out some more.

1 Like

Excluding Gnomest? Why would you exclude the best Demon Hunter around?

2 Likes

I have the wrong hair color and style.

But I’m adorable.

Also definitely not an Avarie alt.

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s practically schizophrenic at this point

Really hope they do more Blood Elf stuff in the future.

But we’re like
 Leaving Azeroth behind so I wouldn’t hold your breath.

The work load to update old MMO stuff seems like it really unfortunately time-capsules some stuff. I got really excited when they started doing phased zones but
 they’ve got to want to spend the time and resources on a lore update.

3 Likes

i dont see void elves as very celtic. they seem more scifi to me. i think the artists should just go wild with void elves, but make it all space themed and keep the elf aesthetic foremost. its an elf
in space. haha. not my fault. i didnt ask for an elf in space but i got an elf in space. and now that i got it, they might as well do it right.

i want stars, planets, flash gordon, art deco, art nouveau, scifi meets fantasy, basically.

The time-skip has me hopeful for a world update, which can lead to lore updates including the Dreanei and BE zones being updated eventually so we will see. Also keal’thas is in SL and I’d love to hear him and lor talk.

1 Like

I’m saying that neon hair colored pigtail gnomes are the pinnacle of Gnome evolution

But Gnomest doesn’t use pigtails, so it’s important to point out the exception. Gnomest is also the pinnacle of Gnome evolution.

2 Likes

I was just using that as an example since that’s the word thrown around the most for the ranger tattoos. And was talking specifically about the ranger tattoos

No reason they couldn’t have Traditional Ranger Tats for both, Void Ranger Tats for Velves and Dark Ranger Tats for Belves.

Blizzard can honestly get pretty creative with this if they tried. Or just hire me. I’ll have everyone happy in no time.

5 Likes

You already have me happy!

1 Like
3 Likes