New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

I see you ignored my 2nd point. The faction war is over. Blood Elves getting blue eyes suggests at least some High Elves returned to Silvermoon. With the exception of Void Elves, there has apparently been a reunification among Thalassian Elves in Quel’Thalas. There is no longer a reason for the Silver Covenant to exist as an organization. Any former members that didn’t return to Silvermoon have likely joined forces with the Ren’dorei. Both the HE and VE NPCs in SW and VE getting natural skin tones suggests this.

Just because Blizzard hasn’t outright said something doesn’t mean we can’t look at the evidence and come to a logical conclusion.

1 Like

skin tones only :+1:

Soo…does this mean everyone is happy and the highelf threads can stop?

no. these are not the specific group of high elves they were asking for remember? thats what its all about, the SC elves of dalaran. maybe they just forgot all about them dont see too many bringing them up anymore

You pointy eared elves all look the same to me.

1 Like

void elves are just blood elves. and the high elf wayfarers didnt exist until this week apparently

Those are just a specific faction of High Elves, just like the Scarlet Crusade is a specific faction of humans not aligned with Stormwind.

They have been brought up many times to the sound of adding the lore to VEs. :slight_smile: I have no idea why you are trying to make it sound as if most people are unhappy when in fact most people are very happy. Even if it’s just confirmation from Blizzard the Alliance HEs in the rift are the new recruits many people will be happy from that.

The wayfarers must explain the skin tones, right?

Player demand explains the skin tones my friend. :heart:

3 Likes

I was always opposed to High Elves as a separate race, but I’m ok giving this option to Void Elves. It means their ranks are growing and not just limited to the Blood Elf group that was exiled with Umbric. If you want to RP your fair skinned Void Elf as a former member of the Silver Covenant, have at it. The lore certainly appears to support this.

3 Likes

I mean if you want to interpret it that way I can’t stop you, but I don’t see it as suggesting that at all.

High Elves living in Alliance lands weren’t just there recently. They’ve been living there for decades with friends and family, and many of them have been there since before the Blood Elves ever joined the Horde.

Just because there’s an armistice right now between the Horde and Alliance doesn’t change anything for them. They could have gone back to Silvermoon at any time. Lorethemar wasn’t about to turn them away. The fourth war wasn’t a factor at all. The Alliance and The Horde were supposedly at peace after MoP too, still didn’t see any High Elves jumping ship to join the Horde then.

Can we RP/headcannon that’s why our Blood Elves have blue eyes? Sure. Why not. Doesn’t make it cannon. Only Blizzard adding lore that states as much can do that. Anything else is pure speculation or outright fantasy on our parts. Where you’re seeing this “reunification” I don’t know, but feel free to share your sources.

There’s still plenty of reasons for the Silver Covenant to exist. The political strife between High Elves and Blood Elves hasn’t gone away, and I find it highly implausible to think Vereesa and the Silver Covenant that follows her would suddenly just forget about all that stuff and go back to Silvermoon and join the Horde. An armistice between the Horde and Alliance is not Peace.

I agree with you that just because Blizzard hasn’t said something doesn’t mean we can’t look at evidence but your “evidence” is fairly flimsy. There is nothing to indicate peace between the Alliance and the Horde and you know that it is highly likely that the faction war will start up again for some other contrived reason down the road. The game is designed around two factions being hostile to each other and Blizzard has said as much back when everyone thought for sure they’d eliminate the factions and Blizz shot that idea down.

There is no evidence I can see of any sort of “reunification”. If such exists I’d like to see it. There is no logical reason for Vereesa and the Silver Covenant to suddenly abandon the Alliance and join the Horde which is effectively what you’re claiming is happening. The blue eyes for Blood Elves is explained as easily as saying the Sunwell finally cleansed the Fel taint and gold eyes are typically only appearing on priests and paladins (players not withstanding) which is supported by past dev statements.

2 Likes

Yes, both Blood and High Elves have been joining the ranks of the Ren’dorei.

1 Like

they always had that option tho shadows. the wayfarers were ALWAYS there for that exact reason(confirmed by danuser)

1 Like

I agree! I know the sentiments are overwhelmingly happy and excited from the HE community I’ve witnessed, and the ability to be the Alliance HE in all but name, via the wayfarers confirmation and the customization is just great!

2 Likes

But now it will be reflected in game.

1 Like

No, because there was no way to explain how a Silver Covenant member could’ve turned blue.

5 Likes

Oh definitely, but surely the wayfarers are acting as the in game explanation. That’d conclude that they are, in fact, High Elves

4 Likes

Blizzard, I resubbed just to say: Thank you!

13 Likes

Regardless, I’m just happy I can look like Alleria. She is the Void Elf racial leader after all.

5 Likes