New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

add redeemed felblood wings. when they cast, the wings spread out on either side. it looks neat.

I’m a fan of male1 (and male5) because I feel like I have too few options for really short and appealing hairstyles on guys.

I’m not really concerned about hairstyle male3 and female3 being similar to Blood Elves. They aren’t the only race with those styles (I think Draenei also have male3?), but if its a huge problem it’s not a hill I’m will to die on and can do without them.

Male4 seems like a perfect option for the Legolas wannabes. And while I don’t typically go for really short styles on my female characters, female5 is just super cute and I think would look amazing with void elf pale blue skin and that voidy blue/purple hair color.

1 Like

everquest 2’s tree city of kelethin

1 Like

I’m not policing, I’m stating that it sends a clearer message to focus on the request itself and why its wanted.

It’s perfectly valad to want a Subrace when seeing other races are being added as Subraces. Especially when it’s another form of Player Elf getting an NPC Elf as an option and you want your Player Elf to get an NPC Elf option.

But you’re not going to get a clear picture on the request when it’s focused around making it ‘even’ rather than a display of what is wanted and why.

And remember, this is Blizzard we’re talking about. They might just make orange eyes and a pale skin and call it a day.

Not to mention it would take no development time.

They just have to flag the option for players.

3 Likes

I never argued that it wasn’t part of their theme.

I said Void Elves can look more or less normal with the new skin tones, and you said they couldn’t.

Here, let me help you remember:

I have no idea where you got that I was arguing that it wouldn’t be part of their theme.

Oh I don’t want any Void Elf hairstyles replaced! The one I use currently is actually nice but would be nicer without the tentacles. Talendrion was kind enough to show us what Void Elf hairstyles with tentacles look like with the tentacles removed and the one I use right now looks great!

Male:
https://i.imgur.com/KR2aSzb.png

Female:

https://i.imgur.com/vmQydnO.png

Those pics are basically what a tentacle on/off toggle would do to Void Elf hair.

1 Like

Not only sends a clearer message, it also avoids unnecessary forum drama, which makes the request even harder to see.

This is the kind of message that people should focus on.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with “I want this”. This is a game, we are customers. It’s only natural.

Forum drama drowns the entire topic in mud.

5 Likes

It would be nice if we could turn the tentacles into braids or something, but an on/off switch would be fine too.

1 Like

Void Elf Tentacles = Night Elf Vines.

2 Likes

Good in my book. Hits all the things I’m looking for except purple eyes and orange eyes.

They still can’t look entirely normal though, so these new customizations aren’t even really a new “theme”, was my argument with Lann. They still basically look like every other Void Elf. They’ll still have Void hair colours and tendrils in their hair.

But my other point was that since Alleria exists, being a normal-looking thalassian doesn’t even really count as a new theme. She’s a Void Elf and identifies as one, so she definitely counts. These new options don’t really count as new themes for Void Elves, really.

3 Likes

Oh I’d love to have both as options for sure! But if it’s a choice between the two I’d rather just the on/off since braids aren’t always appealing to me (and little braids sticking out of my current hairstyle would look super weird!).

2 Likes

Replaced was a bad choice of words on my part, I meant expanded on as the ones velves currently have that you sport feels like unfinished garbage compared to the spiky hair I have that I would love to have on my Velf.

This. Draenei also got a setting like this for hair dressing (female) and horn decoration (males), thought right now it only affects two styles for each. Needs to be expanded.

4 Likes

You can’t keep saying this when non-tendril hair styles exist.

Again, 6 male hairstyles that don’t have this and 4 female ones.

They are along the same lines as all the other Subraces being added.

It’s still a WIP but it’s a Player Elf getting NPC Elf options and they want the same on their end.

2 Likes

There was an argument that Void Elves shouldn’t look like their leader given the circumstances of them becoming Void Elves if I recall. And they very well could have hammered down on that and chose not to. So it is a new theme now available for players and with the wayfarer lore a background of a former HE, which one can do if they confirm this lore or not as new recruits.

6/12 male hairstyles have tendrils. 6/9 of the female hairstyles have them. The majority of their hairstyles have tendrils in them.

3 Likes

That’s fine? I wasn’t saying they shouldn’t get what they’re asking for. I was just trying to prove a point to Lann.

2 Likes