New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

First seeing Astranaar on my newbie Orc Warrior back in Vanilla was the first time I remember really wishing I was Alliance.

I loved that area.

1 Like

did you ever play everquest? they had the best tree city. the entire city was built on top of giant trees

Click blood elf, click DK, voila
blue hair.

Blue is not synonymous with the void entirely

My thoughts:

I like male 2, 4, 5
Female 1, 4, 5

I think male 3 and female 3 and too similar to blood elf styles and feel that should be avoided. But they are nice.

I think Male 1 and female 2 are kinda meh for elves.

The hair colors 2-5 are all perfect. I think 1 is too similar to the two grays void elves already have, and would like to see a pure white or white-blue one instead.

7 Likes

Both are valid.

You can’t police folks feelings.

Right now it feels like the velfs are getting a sub race with their core parent race remaining with their one race. It feels unfair. Uneven.

That’s valid especially since now is supposed to be the time for core race customization and AR were to come later.

So to even it out folk want the long requested Dark Ranger theme which in lore right now is probably in its best spot to be added.

4 Likes

The new light purple hair for nelves is my absolute favorite so far. I want to dye my hair that color in real life.

1 Like

Hold up a second.
I made this point earlier
and you mocked me for it.
Somand says it
and its okay?
Nothing against Somand, she is pretty dang epic, moreso about how people treat others than anything else.

That is your opinion. The matter of high elves would be seen as envy and entitlement as well, but you don’t see it that way because its your cause.
Again, this is why the helfer community is viewed so negatively.
A bunch of “its okay if i want something, but you cant want something cause i see it as envy and entitlement.”.

5 Likes

Night Elves not being involved in Ashenvale as much feels weird. They fought to the death in wc3 and war of thorns, but never seen the reinforce it properly. A fort and their population center would fix that.

2 Likes

I pointed to where you can see an example of this happening though. You can go do it and see the transformation with your own eyes, right now.

There is no lack of clarity. It isn’t just a coincidence only Void Elves get access to their really unusual hair colours? Nothing in WoW can get hair as dark as the Void Elf NPCs, either.

Void Elf blue looks nothing like the High Elf blue. https://imgur.com/a/zL4QswR :neutral_face:

Still, Void Elves can still look normal and it’d count as part of their theme. Alleria’s perfectly normal. When she’s not in her EE form, you couldn’t tell her apart from another High Elf.

1 Like

Well I mean it did come from Blood Elves first and was then given to Humans in Wrath.

And Even so, Velves have a terrible choice of short spiky hair that needs to be replaces and that one would do it.

I think Reno said it best, and captured the sentiment best, but essentially yes once we get stuff we’ve been wanting I think generally people who main / have Blood Elves as their favorite race will be happier.

1 Like

For the Blood elves I hope we can see some of the following

• Unique, braided hairstyles, and an option to toggle off accessories like headbands, and tiaras.
  • Face textures like freckles, and different make up options; lipstick color, blush etc.
  • Different nail polish colors
  • New face geometries
  • Farstrider tattoos with a variety of color options
  • Face scars similar to Lor’themar’s
  • Enabled skin colors from High elf NPCs
  • San’layn/Dark ranger themes
  • Holy body runes, and other themes that expand on their relationship with the light.

These are just some of the things that I feel would go a long way towards pleasing the Blood elf players in terms of new customizations.

5 Likes

Male and female 3 were originally human hairstyles first, iIrc. I’m pretty sure they’re just neutral across both the factions now, so I’d be up for Void Elves getting them.

3 Likes

I approve, and would like runic/mage tattoos as well.

1 Like

Blood Elf styles.

Humans only got it as part of a barbershop update.

I know this because I changed all my human males to it first chance I got.

1 Like

thats like old lady hair. when your hair greys and you try to dye it, it ends up looking sorta grey pink or grey blue. lol. but i agree. that looks amazing.

You put a lot of thought into your list thank you for including the Dark Ranger themes, I know you want more light features to match the light theme as well, hopefully we get those in time, I feel like its a huge lore victory with the Sunwell being cleansed too, so maybe one day we will see a restored Quel’Thalas with the power of the light? Maybe?

I didn’t see you added this, this is good for that too!

1 Like

I’d like copies of the void elf hairstyles on my blood elves, at least the ones without tentacles or receding hairlines. Hair is a big part of how one makes their characters look different.

They’re getting all our skins, and probably hair colors and hair models too. I see no reason it can’t go both ways.

3 Likes

My kid just turned 10 and I recently learned I am going to be a great auntie, so I feel older than dirt anyway. I may as well look fabulous!

3 Likes

Ah, my bad. Then I agree with the rest of her list, pretty much. Although I’d pick 1 over 5 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like