New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

I am actually kind of curious to what happened to all the High Elves of Allerian Stronghold. Because there isn’t much to go on after that.

I haven’t found anything. Just seems to me with the options on belves too, that they’d be an interesting thing to see in blood elf story. (would have been much better to stick that in closer to it happening) but it’d be a bit of culture shock (for the alliance ones too, but maybe a bit less) with everything they missed. But with the cosmetic options it makes sense.

And I’m not saying all, or even most. But I think it’d be unrealistic if none of those elves wanted to go back home (hell, could probably have most of them, but many went back due to dead family and the shock)

What’s the dialog actually say?

It’s just a stretch to say none of them wanted to go home.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Wc2ranger.gif

2 Likes

I would like to see explicit lore commentary on the HE wayfarers soon for VEs, so it’s official the customization is linked to the new recruits.

But past that I hope the focus for now is back on Blood Elves in regards to this thread of BEs and VEs during the core customization race period. And we see our second theme finally introduced.

Dark Ranger / San’layn is my number one.

Tattoos of Magister and Farstrider nature.

More hairstyles much like Fallyns idea of cross race sharing, ie: NE male hairstyles for BEs etc, and in turn share BE ones as her idea made sense

I would like more jewelry personally, the ornamentation of the Nightborne ears for example / something for both genders.

In the future for Void Elves I think more normal hairstyles available.

As well as inherently void tattoos/ but also the Alleria esque tattoos.

1 Like

I mean, they did, Lanni. The only playable option for a blue-eyed Thalassian elf was on the Alliance. That is no longer true. Ergo, they’ve given up that uniqueness, regardless of whether the lore supports blue-eyed Blood Elves or not.

I’ll turn your argument the other way around - Blood Elves haven’t given up anything because Void Elves are entitled to regular skin tones because we have Alleria and the Wayfarers. See how that doesn’t make much sense?

We’re going to have to disagree here. The High Elven theme belongs to High Elves first. They’re different groups of people.

I wouldn’t mind gatekeeping hairstyles now again and say we’re even. There should be a minimal difference between Blood Elves and Void Elves, otherwise there’s no point in making them two different races. They could very well blend them together as “Thalassian Elves” and then you choose your faction à la Pandaren. That would be lore friendly as well.

Yes, they’ve given blue eye and beard exclusivity. Again, you might feel that isn’t enough, and I probably would agree with you there, but it’s not accurate to say they’ve given “nothing”. Sorry. I can agree with you that the degree of intrinsic physical traits that Void Elves gave to Blood Elves is not even or balanced compared to the amount of skin tones Blood Elves are giving to Void Elves. That, I agree with.

Hopefully, yeap. :crossed_fingers:t3:

9 Likes

Nobody denied they weren’t physically the same, that’s just in your head. A delusion.

You sure tried to deny it by claiming “they’re the same demonic horde”. So either you didn’t know, or you were just lying for the sake of whatever your point was. Pick one :slight_smile:

Ooh, I didn’t know I play demonic orcs, how cool. How do I unlock my fel abilities and racial then, do you happen to you?

Wait you’re just trolling. That’s fiiine, it’s your specialty. Good work!

Yes, the Horde follows orders, unlike the rabid dog who unprovoked, took an Alliance fleet then assaulted the Horde’s fleet including the flagship of Warchief in Stormheim, effectively starting the fourth war, while the rest of the world is trying to deal with the existential threat of the burning legion. All of which of course, without his king’s permission. Not to mention that the two factions were still allied at the time, having just had fought and shed blood together in the broken shores.

You think what you’re doing is bullying? Lol. It’s called trolling buddy, and yours is known to everybody, and the best thing we get out of it is a laugh and move on type of thing. There is 100% nothing to be angry about.

1 Like

Still waiting on an answer for this.

1 Like

These were never playable, and are now so via HE wayfarer lore. The compromise is too heavily in favor of VE’s it was a bigger deal for that then blue eyes which were assumed to be given anyways for nothing in return and supported by lore.

I say basically nothing, you prefer the term minuscule its really neither here nor there. BE’s deserve more than what they got out of this compromise.

They could kill off or return the entirety of all non wayfarer HE’s to the Horde in Quel’thalas too and that would be lore friendly as well.

Ah, that was covered in Chronicles iirc. I started losing interest in most aspects of the game around that time, so I never really got into those, nor do I approve of such retcons, but alas I concede on that point.

All great, I’m on board.

Possibly with actual subraces? Having a drop down option and trading certain attributes and class selection slightly, for example High Elves are racially tagged as such, don’t have access to Violet hues, racials are changed slightly (either purely or mostly cosmetic) and gain access to Paladins but cannot play Warlocks as a tradeoff.

This can also work for other races and frankly should have been the case for certain extant ARs. Other examples including Undead/San’layn, Kelfkin, Krokul/Broken, and others. This would help streamline additions for existent races and eliminate redundant ARs, leaving them for more unique and contemporary developments.

I approve of all of these as well.

Idk about handing Dalaran over completely, but having Elven members of their populace being more prominent sounds good. I do like the Thalassians of the Alliance uniting under Alleria’s leadership.

Like as a subrace/cosmetic for Blood Elves? I wouldn’t mind that myself. The one hitch is that San’layn are a type of Undead that are easier to replicate as they they can draw on a large chunk of the 90% of the Thalassians that fell during the Third War while the Felbloods were largely Kael’thas’s elite. I did hope to see more via Fel exposure due to some disaster involving Blood Elves fighting the Legion, but I digress. That all being said though, I still fully approve of Felbloods as a cosmetic option in addition to the other Undead groups.

I agree that trading up hairstyles is the best option for both groups and that assets should be shared to help further racial identity.

And yes, runic and tribal tattoos for all.

5 Likes

Ah the joys of 5 digit threads. The back button has decided that I’ve only read up to post 13 and keeps kicking me back up there when I change tabs

2 Likes

I dunno.

I think both Pro’s and Anti’s should put the past behind one and another and move forward as the game moves forward. It is clearly the direction Blizzard wants to go with the game, and why we’re getting these customization’s instead of just more Allied Races of reskins.

I believe that both groups (Blood and Void) should share similar customisations, but some may have to be restricted to the certain groups, such as the Void Theme be kept for the Void Elves, but give a theme for the Blood Elves that only the Blood Elves can have.

And when it comes to tattoos, instead of one group just recieve tattoos, both groups get tattoos, but get them in the colours to the faction that they are representing.

Then also extra heritage armor too, that can allow both groups to represent what they would like, for Void Elves, like, maybe a heritage armor that can give them something that can represent one of the Alliance High Elven groups, at the cost of ofcourse, being exalted with another faction. And for Blood Elves, maybe another Heritage Armor depending on the theme they would recieve if Blizzard does give them a theme, whether they get the Dark Ranger theme, then something of the Dark Rangers or San’layn theme coming with the San’layn heritage. Ofcourse, at the cost of being exalted with another faction.

5 Likes

Sometimes I try scrolling up when I’m on my iPhone and it does this weird thing where it scrolls up WAY too much and I’m not even going fast it just sort of takes over and decides where it’s going to scroll too which is much farther than intended.

I’m pretty sure that’s the forum software and how it handles loading threads. Because I have that problem on my pc, scroll up slowly blink and I’m 20some posts up the thread. Makes it fun when I’m looking for a specific post

Void Elves are playable for more than a year. These are Thalassian elves, and have blue eyes. These are playable blue-eyed Thalassian elves.

Blood Elves were not going to receive blue eyes, Lanni. That was never going to happen. Ion said it.

This only happened because of the tug o’war between antis and pros and devs had enough of it and resorted to a Solomonic decision: blue eyes for Blood Elves and regular skin tones for Void Elves.

I mean, there is an important semantic difference between “nothing” and “insufficient”. I respect however that you personally feel it’s “nothing”.

That wouldn’t be lore friendly, actually. Am I sensing a sarcastic tone on your part, Lanni? Is everything okay?

8 Likes

I have that problem on both my PC and Phone. Definantly forum software, and not the devices.

1 Like

Yeah, when I got back to my pc it kept shifting me back to 2 days ago.

I’m also pretty sure I flagged Arwenna by accident why I was trying to quote people on my phone as if you saw above before I edited it.

It was a little sarcastic yeah, I knew you wouldn’t like the idea just like you very much knew I wouldn’t like

The point remains though, BE fans have asked for the SC to be dealt with as a villain faction / returned to Quel’thalas before so it is a route. And I’d prefer that over “neutral” BE’s so, I guess are we moving on from this specific point?

Aluric tried to mend things in Wrath and help High Elves visit the Sunwell.

Latter we no longer see him or High Elves at the Sunwell but no information is given about them.

We latter see an Island Expedition team named after him fighting the Horde.

So either things fell apart after Theramore or the Purge of Dalaran or most just stayed in outland as they said.

It’s all mostly conjecture at this point.

Something along the lines of that the reunion they always wanted will never happen so outland is the closest thing to a home they have now.

It’s 4 am where I’m at and can’t recall the exact wording.

Some did. But it’s more complicated.

Not to mention they might just leave again now that Alleria is back.

That was retconned out when in WC3 they changed the design of High/Blood Elves from being a Tribal Celtic Them to a more magical then eventually Arabic theme.

Alleria has them as a homage to her WC2 design but it’s not a thing Blood Elves have or been shown with.

That’s why they became a High/Void Elf request to distinguish them further from Blood Elves.

The only of examples of Blood Elf Tattoos are Rommath and the TBC box art runic ones.

1 Like

So in fact, it has not been told to the players, you’re just assuming.

So more things you have made up and declared canon then.

2 Likes

I know you wouldn’t like neutral Blood Elves, but that was not what I was saying. I’m saying to choose a “Thalassian Elf” option and then choose Alliance (so, High Elf or Void Elf) or Horde (so, High Elf or Blood Elf, with San’layn/Dark Ranger options). I’m not turning Blood Elves into a neutral faction there.