New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

oh
/walks away deflated
was almost happy fer a sec. hehe

1 Like

Hey, I would roll it. Sure, it may not really actually look like a “pretty elf”, but honestly, looks are only relevant to the character that you play as you’re trying to picture as they tell us his/her tales when doing stuff around Azeroth. But for me, I care more about lore than looks.

Now, the Anti’s have made arguments in the past that “oh the pro’s just want a pretty elf on the Alliance”. Now, if the Blood Elves were given a model like that, how many would be rerolling to something else or complaining on the forums?

So I’m wondering if you didn’t get the memo on appearances. All Thalassian elves have a panoply of new cosmetic appearances to choose from. Void elves actually make out well since they have the same base appearances remaining and get the all of the additional appearances and colorations available to Blood elves. Just what more are you asking for that you feel you aren’t obtaining?

1 Like

an upgrade for belfs so they are more aesthetically pleasing than velfs by alot. that way, belfs wont feel as bad that velfs are getting normal skin colors and so forth. we could then explore helfery in earnest without offending belfs.

maybe lor’themar hires a court beautician who is especially good at making people beautiful/handsome/etc

Somewhat, I know I’m bugged I can’t get the HM look on this character. But it is worse when it’s not available on your faction so you can’t use them and say stay with your guild

1 Like

Yes that one, thank you for proving my point.

Him sacrificing himself to save blah blah blah isn’t relevant to the topic, they are the same orcs who went demonic twice :man_shrugging:.

Your ode to orc honor is cute though, Saurfang disagrees :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I don’t feel bad that Ren’dorei are getting variable skin tones, though. They’re Thalassian elves so they should have all the cosmetic options available to the Sin’dorei. It’s a “duh” issue.

5 Likes

It’s akin to the concept of adding in Kul Tirans when we already have baseline Humans, but it would have fulfilled a much more important purpose than Kul Tirans did which is providing a Thalassian group to the Alliance that was heavily requested.

Interestingly enough we do see that Kul Tiran npcs do utilize the basic human model far too much, and while this can be considered problematic, it’s more of a meta issue than lore.

Kul Tirans also got a lot of different features that baseline players are pining for and I’ve seen requests for the ability to use the baseline model for playing a Kul Tiran.

The Blood Elf model is already desirable enough, so there wouldn’t be as much disparity between the two as the parent race as the two would be more evenly matched.

But yes, as you said there is no answer that would completely satisfy absolutely everyone, but I am personally happy with what we’re getting.

1 Like

also, san’layn for belfs. dark rangers for belfs. botanist druids for belfs with fae form for their boomkin. tattoos for belfs and light based scars/etc, for belfs.

i’m required to ask for these things for belfs, as i promised i would help. i also think an updated belf model would solve any sadness over losing belf exclusivity

3 Likes

I literally love everything you posted above. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As a Blood Elf player, thank you :pray:

2 Likes

yay. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

That’s up to the art department, writers and plot development people, as they’re up to the task and well paid to implement any changes to be made. As a paying customer I think I would prefer that to assistance from players with emotional motivations.

Honestly Hyperspace, if for cosmetic, then sure. But as another race/class combo, I’m gonna disagree on this one for multiple reasons.

3 Likes

there’s a nice belf floating around here somewhere, who made a thread about it, and i promised to help her promote it. and so i have and do.

2 Likes

Yeah, but the reasons as to why I disagree are as follows:

1. Lore:
    The Botinast Druids were part of Kael’s followers, and we would’ve wiped them out. There would be nowhere for them to really pull out from. And considering actually that Blood Elves doesn’t really have any love for Nature as they are more into Arcane, I do not think Blood Elves would ever become druids.
  2. Blood Elves being the most played race
    Since Blood Elves are the most played race in the game, especially on the Horde, it would throw that even further, which means less people would be rolling other races on the Horde because they would want to be a Blood Elf. Now, as keen as I am for Night Elves to have Paladins, I think it is fair to say, lets keep the Horde to having Elven Only Paladins and the Alliance to Elven only Druids.
1 Like

have you noticed that whole fairy side of elfdom is kinda missing from most wow elves? the closest we get is living wood leather shoulders for druids and that cute mog from the shadowlands shop. but otherwise, no playable fae.

2 Likes

Does the Horde really need more druids? We have Highmountain and regular Tauren druids and Zandalari and Darkspear troll druids. We literally have more options for druids currently than the Alliance does.

1 Like

Hey, I wouldn’t mind seeing Vulpera Druids :smiley:

Then everyone can go “Fur the Horde”.

2 Likes

yeah i’m aware of the arguments . i dont want to muss up the thread with the debate. i’ll just say, i promised, and now i’m keeping my promise.

2 Likes

That’s cool. I am just stating the reasons to why I disagree.

2 Likes