New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

Certainly not all, but there is a lot of spite going around.

I think not wanting someone to get something for the sake of keeping it away is sad, but if it’s because you feel something is too integral, or important to a certain race’s identity to be shared than that’s a different story. One person is feeding off the disappointment of others, while another is defending an aspect of a game they care about.

I think he’s referring to the fact that Void elves were specifically chosen over High elves because Blizzard felt they were too similar in appearance, and nature to Blood elves. Void elves offer a much different narrative than High elves and Blood elves and allow them to explore an avenue parallel to Blood elves, without being a carbon copy.

Well if Blizzard does offer some sort of lore exposition that confirms the idea that High elves are actively joining, and becoming Void elves then they can still have “High elves” they will instead simply be Void High elves.

1 Like

All of em got their beard mustache and eyes separated. That was expected.

They all got bald options though.

2 Likes

You mean…the orcs in WoD who don’t matter because they got killed off?

I think he’s talking about when Cenarius and the Night Elves flipped out and decided they needed to exterminate the orcs for chopping wood.

2 Likes

Yeah but…by that time Mannoroth was killed and the curse was broken. There was no blood to drink again until WoD.

1 Like

I thought they had to drink demon blood to kill Cenarius, then he killed Mannoroth?

1 Like

Which was hilarious because Cenarius popped up, snapped his fingers, and the entire forest was restored in under a minute. What was even the point of flipping out over something that was so easily remedied lol

3 Likes

I’m sure someone will be around to explain how gathering lumber in what you thought were uninhabited woods is a well known act of war, so therefore the Orcs of course were the aggressors.

3 Likes

At that point they didn’t even know the Night elves existed, never mind whether or not they’d be upset about the gathering of lumber. They were so cordial, and polite toward Kael’thas and his blood elves, yet announced all out war over the cutting of trees.

3 Likes

the writers are interesting. i think its designed to make both sides look intermittently crazy

You mean when the the warsong clan drank the blood of Mannoroth again in Warcraft 3, and then Grom proceeded to kill Mannoroth himself, sacrificing himself in the process, in order to save the entire Orc race from the blood rage (which was confirmed in Warcraft 3 to never have left until Mannoroth died)?? That incident?

h ttps://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Grommash_Hellscream

> With nothing remaining of the pit lord but the shattered armor, Thrall made his way to where Hellscream lay in the dust. The crimson glow faded from his eyes; the blood curse which had damned his race for decades was finally over. With his best friend and Warchief at his side, the still-undefeated chieftain died at the site of his greatest triumph, both over the corruption of the Burning Legion and over the whispers of his own soul. With Mannoroth gone, the Legion’s hold on the orcish race was forever shattered. Even those who had drank the blood of Mannoroth (willingly or otherwise) found that the curse had lifted, and that their souls were free from the shackles of demonic corruption. With that knowledge, Grom Hellscream left the mortal plane a redeemed spirit.

This wouldn’t need to be linked or pointed out for anybody who actually played Warcraft 3, but yeah, that was actually a good set of events that led to freeing all of the clans from the legion’s control. Nice attempt to ignore context of what actually happened though.

2 Likes

/salutes grom

1 Like

Yeah I agree with this in retrospect to void elves since they are literal blood elves who joined the alliance in BfA.
This could have been avoided if high elves were the ones to be made playable, that way both races (or groups if some want to nitpick, quel’dorei vs sin’dorei) would continue doing their own thing on their own separate factions instead of being swapped back and forth.

Yet now they are more of a carbon copy of blood elves than high elves would have ever been, being literal blood elves at first, then receiving identical skin tones.
Their only narrative was undergoing a void ritual.

I’m honestly hoping there’s some explanation as well. Like perhaps an answer to “did the non-blue void elves not go through void mutation?”, “Are the high elf wayfarers also void elves?” or other similar questions.

As much as certain people wouldn’t like it, I really think high elves being folded into void elves would solve this whole debacle.

3 Likes

particularly, if they had given them different idling animations/stance animations and unique hair colors. i had suggested gnome hair colors and talendrion even did a half elf like mock up where they were a mix of belf, nelf and human. both concepts were doable and supported by lore, but the devs didnt want to hire the animator for that. they did for nightborne, but not for velfs.

8 Likes

I’m here to still throw in my support too.

I would just like to conclude that there is spite coming though from all types of people. I dunno, I’m just gonna avoid the spite.

The antis would still not be happy about it. I remember in the old forum when we suggested different structure and pose for the high elves, the antis response was something like “Oh so you want to make your elves more updated and better looking than ours? reeeeeeeeee”.

It’s no use, they don’t care about any compromise, they just don’t want us to have any type of playable high elves. The whole belf blue eyes circus was in hope that we don’t get a playable high elf race. Just look how barely any of them cares about their new blue eyes.

14 Likes

my solution for that was - well, then maybe instead, blizz could make you an even better blood elf model and let us have the one you have currently. heck we’d even be happy with the tbc belf models. got quiet after that. hehe

1 Like

Actually most said, if you change the model then they aren’t really the High Elves your claiming to want then. Honestly you helfers amaze me with all the mental gymnastics and memory of convenience you have when it comes to things.

And I for one am very happy my Blood Elves now have the chance to have the blue eyes as are many. I’ve been a supporter of them getting that color back for years.

The only crying I’m hearing is those who want to totally erase Void Elves altogether and make them High Elves, or as they would be, a carbon copy of the Blood Elves. They can’t be happy that you get Belf skins and blue eyes to make your High Elf, no they need to cut out the EE, change the name to High Elves, let them be Paladins! Seriously, you got a blue eyed Thalassian elf with non void skin option. Just accept that is as close as Blizz is willing to go to High Elves.

And Hyper you should change your name to hyperbole, it suits you much better as that is all you post.

2 Likes

…How does this work out? They aren’t Alliance-aligned High Elves anymore because they stand differently to the Blood Elves? This has to be one of the strangest arguments ever.

And I’ve seen this idea go around a lot. Antis has always claimed that it’d be unfair, because they’re just adapting the model to potentially make it ‘cooler’.

8 Likes

i’m quite happy with these changes. not complaining at all. can always use more bells and whistles though. btw, your mog is awesome. particularly love the hat and boots.

:sob:

5 Likes