New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

But that insult holds no weight, and to the BE fans that want the Dark Ranger themes/San’layn it feels more insulting to insinuate they shouldn’t be allowed because of it. It would be a new theme that fits BEs and Horde that VEs wouldn’t have, as they have access to our HE theme already.

I feel like we’re arguing people’s intentions and that’s not really what I want to do. I just wanted clarity on your meaning / where you stood on the customization request and it seems you are supportive for BE fans that want it so for that I am glad.

6 Likes

Nope, I´m VERY skeptical about Dark Rangers thanks to Afriasiabi et al (who were totes ok with lore retconning involving Horde villain batting. Happened to Orcs in WoD, happened to Dark Rangers lorewise in BfA and so on).

Helf fans are not relevant for me regarding this topic tbqh.

They already did that actually Dark Rangers stay behind in Orgrimmar and say they follow the Horde over the Dark Lady.

I was just telling you how easy it is to implement as well as it is very likely to happen.

The alliance get pale and purple. The horde get pale and grey. Then they both get brown and darker skin tones. I would say dont worry but keep asking to make sure you are heard.

I found that to be just odd.

They’re all like: “We won’t do what those filthy demons want! We’ll be our own masters! By doing exactly what the demons wanted us to do!”

And the demons just go: :man_shrugging:
And then end up as their bosses anyway.

It does sound like this petty “They’re only rooting for Dark Rangers because of some arbitrary reason”? It could be because we would also like to see Blood Elves get something that they have wanted since Dark Rangers have been introduced into this game?

I don’t think ANYONE is against Dark Rangers, it just seems kinda weird that we’re trying to find a problem where there literally is none?

6 Likes

Yeah I hope they end up doing so soon, it would provide a second theme for BEs. And alongside tattoos etc, BE players can start feeling some love from the customization roll out that we are apparently now sharing with VEs for attention despite them specifying core races are getting long requested customization first.

Then I will personally be very happy of course. But I hope BE fans in general will too.

2 Likes

Except a shield is merely a piece of armor, while a banner is meant as an actual representation for their group and is far more up-to-date. You’re the only one claiming that Blue and silver is somehow an exclusive theme for High elves when we have literal evidence that it’s not. Even the Silver Covenant themselves are seen wearing blue and gold.

Why do you keep saying this? Who is saying we shouldn’t get these things? I’m pointing out that people are intentionally excluding other themes people want because it suits their agenda, that’s all.

At this point none of the themes have been added, so if your genuinely interested in showing good will towards the players by making a list, include them all and not just the ones you personally want most.

1 Like

It is very safe to say, that tattoos will go to both void elfs and blood elfs.

Nothing is wrong with that. The tattoo could look different as well.

Do I see you including more HE themes for VEs on your list or just more void themes?

People are going to fight for what they want more so than not, I’ve mentioned tattoos, but I’m not making it my crusade just like I don’t expect you to become the new PR person for Dark Ranger customization. You have my support for the tattoos though.

6 Likes

Im not saying it’s an exclusive theme I’m saying silvermoon=silver and blue high elfs are silver and blue. I’m not saying gold doesnt work but blue and silver are the opposite of red and gold.

Rialius' Customization shopping list.

For everyone
Glasses
Tatoos
Freckles
Textured hair to go with the darker skin. I want an afo-puff ponytail for a male toon.

For Blood Elves
Skins with creeping slightly glowing slightly metallic skin on the lower limbs that dither into normal tones to indicate light causing a low key light forged mutation since Belves are eevees and mutate based on whatever magic they last rolled in.

Red eyes for dark rangers. Maybe undead skin too.

More hairstyles in general. Braids. The hairstyles to actually have physics like other races’ do.

Ear armor like Nightborne have.

2 Likes

Yes please.

Godfrey had them way back in Cata, and he didn’t even keep them after he turned Undead!

Why even make them if the guy who wears them doesn’t even keep them?

1 Like

I thought it was jewelry, what ever it is I like it, it says social status to me and that’s another thing I’ve asked for but I’ve used the term jewelry.

I’m not trying to give the impression that my lists are any form of good will for the Helf movement, because my lists are designed for the Void elves, and themes I feel are most appropriate on them. That has always been my stance.

Then why are you even arguing with me? I’m pointing out that if the impression you’re honestly trying to give is a form of good will towards the belf player base, suggesting themes you’ve used as forms of insults in the past does not ring true in any shape, way or form.

1 Like

And you believe that because of one shield piece with their banner? Despite all the high elves wearing blue and gold, with actual banners with blue and gold? So much so that you’re even saying a robe needs to be changed from blue and gold to silver to be appropriate?

I’m not arguing for Dark Ranger themes as a form of good will, I’m a BE player who wants them.

As far as other people I think they just want to help, but I don’t expect them bear the world on their shoulders either. I see tattoos asked by pro HEs to encompass Farstriders / Magisters just as much as I see support from them for Dark Ranger / San’layn themes.

4 Likes

No but not only are you even denying that these themes have been used as forms of insults in the past, you’re even denying that the very people who used those themes as insults aren’t using them as customization suggestions to suit their agenda. That somehow it’s more likely that they’ve had a complete change of heart and the only reasonable possibility is that they’re doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.

Which is staggeringly naive.

The actual banner is silver, teal, blue then a little bit of gold. Since it’s mostly blue and silver yes I will go with that.

1 Like

Glasses are a must!

1 Like