New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

Like this?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not true, even their crest itself is blue and gold. Like Somand pointed out the Highvale set is blue and gold as well.

I think the Silver Covenant is the only group who prefer blue and silver, and even then, they too wear the same set that the highvale elves do.

I guess Iā€™m more of a if someone really thinks BE fans having a win is a win for them, who cares let them think what they want. I havenā€™t seen anyone who seems malicious about it though. Like if someoneā€™s trying to win something, and others have their own reasons for helping unless it is something sinister I donā€™t really care if they want to help.

Like if they think Dark Ranger themes are bad for BEs and want to help the BE fans who want such themes achieve the theme, they simply would be wrong, but at the end of the day they helped us achieve our goal. Thatā€™s how I see it assuming the circumstances you gave of people being disingenuous is the scenario, but I donā€™t think it is either.

But either way Iā€™m glad youā€™ll be happy for your fellow BE players should we get these customizations.

5 Likes

The Crest is blue and silver. There is a shield in game called the silver moon Crest. Its blue and silver.

1 Like

I recall one poster who always referred to Blood Elves as ā€œfel suckingā€ in a malicious way.

Fel isnā€™t the only thing I suck. Eyebrows waggle.

4 Likes

Canā€™t wait for the Light is evil expansion so the golden eyes will just be another form of taint.

What does Fel sucking have to do with Dark Ranger customization?

And if someone like that wants to speak out for Dark Ranger themes for BEs Iā€™m not mad about it.

2 Likes

You can clearly see that their crest is blue and gold on their banners in front of Surumar. They use the same crest as blood elves, simply blue instead of red.

Then why not include all the options asked? Why only include ones that coventiently suit an agenda thats been peddled against blood elves for all these years? Again my problem isnā€™t the dark themes themselves, but rather the transparent agenda behind it coming from some posters.

1 Like

I linked the shield. Silvermoon. The color silver and the blue glow of the moon.

They already BS the lore without any care dudeā€¦ Horde since Cata would love to have a word with you (especially BfA)

Also, IĀ“m not american, so sorry to burst your bubble but I donĀ“t get your ā€œredā€ analogy.

Maybe some of us would actually want to reinforce the BELF proper thematics (arcane for Magisters and Farstriders, Fel for warlocks/DH, light for pally and priest), not scavenge villain factions just because of their looks and be done with it?

I despise any insinuation over ā€œBelves are only about light themesā€ā€¦ no people, thank god Belves arenĀ“t LF draenei and their culture is more than Liadrin and her merry band of Light zealots.

My petitions have always been in regards to lore (scars) and well established BELF aesthetics (runic tatoos in the TBC art box). Give me that, remove the other useless stuff and IĀ“ll be happy.

Worse, after BfA I can totally see the very devs and writers doing exactly the bolded -literally happened this time around regarding Sylvanas and the Dark Rangers, who frankly got an universal look as massive murderous cartoonish villains while the once-upon-a-time exceptions like Velonara get minimal exposure akin to an afterthough.

Guilty! <3 It was more teasing tho! :wink:

Well to that end until you pointed out your view of Farstrider stuff being more difficult I never even thought of it being so. To me I view it as easier, itā€™s a theme that I just assume will be taken care of / tattoos etc. where as Dark Ranger Sanā€™layn themes I feel like require a harder fight, the same level of fight the new customizations of VEs took, yes itā€™s easy maybe from a certain view but it requires more convincing to get a second theme in my mind.

Youā€™re actually the first person Iā€™ve seen say Dark Ranger stuff might be easy for them to implement for example.

1 Like

Thereā€™s quite a few of them that do that, and ironically itā€™s those same people I see constantly showing up to post a huge list of options for void elves and blood elves. And they always exclusively revolve similar dark themes for blood elves expecting us to belief itā€™s being done as a form of good will. :roll_eyes:

While I donā€™t think everyone is doing it for that purpose, I think telling people that no one is, is pretty naive.

Theyā€™re both dark, corrupted themes for Blood elves, the very thing they used to belittle, and insult Blood elves as a faction race.

Idk why you are being so combative.

PS: There is an ancient meme that says red cars go faster because theyā€™re red.

2 Likes

wasnt suggesting you pillage them because they are or are not good/evil/grey, but making an example of thalassians with unique visuals, akin to the various kinds of trolls being customizable options for trolls.

It would be easy to implement as they use the same model.

It literally taking the textures and making a new number like skin 20 then placing that texture on them. Boom done.

You want lore friendly, they can just say not all Dark Rangers followed her blindly.

1 Like

Yes an ancient shield piece thatā€™s been around for quite some time, or the actual banners the High elves used in a recent expansion to represent their group. Hmm.

1 Like

Itā€™s true. Red ones are faster.

2 Likes

Yes an ancient shield that still shows the original colors that are based off the name of silvermoon. Sorry that it makes more sense. As gold and red clash with blue and silver.