New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

And Half Elves.

Like legit that is a big deal to some.

Yes, it’s “just an ear slider”, but in the same way that the new Void Elf skin tones are “just skin tones” and Wildhammer options are “just tattoos”.

Like, they mean something. You can more accurately represent a concept on a character that you couldn’t before. That, to me, is new theming.

I think the framing of this is where it’s rubbing me the wrong way. Like if your argument is “we didn’t get enough”, then yes, absolutely, I’m completely there with you, I don’t think it’s enough and I’d love to see you get more. If it’s “I didn’t get what I wanted”, then you’ve got my full sympathy, along with my pom poms as I cheer on your efforts to get it.

But when it’s “we got nothing”, then… Like, that’s explicitly not true and it makes it harder to get on board. Drop the hyperbole and it makes it much easier to stand with you.

I do understand what you’re trying to say, and I do largely agree with you. The way it’s being expressed is kind of abrasive, though, and it’s much more likely to get pushback from people than if you framed it slightly differently, is all I’m saying.

2 Likes

yes we all know blood elves are high elves. but the theme belonged to no one but alliance allied high elves for over 10 years. and that whole time, alliance and even some horde, begged for those alliance allied high elves be playable on alliance. currently, the only ones who have the exact theme, are horde belfs. so far, alliance is closer than they were before, but they by no means look like alliance allied high elves. haha.

2 Likes

I kind of feel like you’re reading intentions that aren’t there in a lot of what people are saying. If I’ve genuinely missed someone saying that Blood Elves shouldn’t get more and Void Elf customisation should be prioritized, then I apologise and agree with you that that’s ridiculous. But I don’t know that I’ve seen people actually arguing that.

1 Like

And yet I’m seeing a lot of “so what if VE’s get everything we want, and BE’s only get a few things, be happy with your few things” arguments too, so I agree pro HE supporters could frame additional asks a lot differently and be a lot better received.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is demanding more velf stuff now, but considering only the eyes seem to be accessible in alpha they really haven’t been worked on more than belves so far.

It’s still too early to even claim that we are getting an additional theme before belves get one because nothing beyond skin color and eye color is confirmed.

1 Like

Yeah, that could have been worded more diplomatically for sure. In agreement with you there.

But a lot are, and besides this post as an example there is a lot of sense of “I hope blizzard announces new hairstyles soon / immediately otherwise what’s the point” and that mentality too has a sense of urgency / expectancy of immediate more VE customization.

To me, these added skin tones signal the likely death knell of the possibility of full on High Elves. Though it might allow the possibility of being an outlying High Elf who decided to follow Alleria and take up the Void, which while not as good as having all High Elf options is better than nothing.

But I’m thankful that at least now Void Elves can look more like the character who was supposed to be their thematic base.

2 Likes

I disagree, the theme has always been with the Blood elves mainly. That’s the continuation of their story.

The Alliance high elves didn’t continue a theme of a story, they held onto their past and suffered for it. Now they’re finally adapting to a new path in void elves.

You have their theme right now. The wayfarers and the scholars and the void elves. The rest of the theme the Quel’thalas theme is with the blood elves.

(and hopefully dark Ranger skins???)

2 Likes

all the customizations for everyone, are urgent or we may never get them at all. businesses are dropping like flies all around us.

1 Like

That… uh.

That’s a bit extreme, no?

I somewhat disagree. I think the skin tones and blue eyes are Blizzard’s way of saying “Here’s your High Elves, now shut up”

They’re basically High Elves in all but name now

3 Likes

I haven’t seen anyone demanding it now myself, in fact many aren’t even anticipating hair colors in the first pass and seem cool with that.

Again, it’s far too early to assume void elves are even getting an additional theme and blood elves aren’t.

1 Like

oh i’m not referring to the lore, but the flavor. the high elf flavor was pale, fair haired, blue eyed. the belfs were sportin tans, rosy cheeks and green eyes. the alliance high elves looked like they hadnt seen the sun in years lol

1 Like

Without confirmed hair colors and other things they are still void themed though. I don’t disagree, it likely is the intent, but we just don’t know yet.

1 Like

To be fair you haven’t I agree, you do a good job of representing everyone’s interests and rooting for things no matter what side you’re on.

I’m just pointing out I don’t feel VE customization is urgent in a time of core race customization roll outs when BE fans feel like we haven’t been shown love in that regard, but an AR was plucked out of the ether to get customizations during the core race period.

That’s all I’m saying, I want all the things for VEs that are being recommended too, but if the point of this thread is to voice our wants, I hope Blizzard doesn’t add more VE stuff before remembering BEs. And that’s what I’m trying to see because BE customization feels lacking to many BE fans, and then you have a lot of pro HE fans with a sense of urgency demanding more / acting like it’s them who have received nothing.

1 Like

I’d be willing to bet that the hair colors will be expanded. If not now definitely eventually. The void theme doesn’t necessarily make them less High Elf, just makes them a particular kind of High Elf

With a very particular set of skills.

2 Likes

The blood elves have always had a good range of skintones from pale paper to vaguely tanned.

You’re getting the same tones and likely those hairstyles and colors. You might even end up with those green eyes, though that I hope is a bug, you’re going to have that flavor come SLs.

2 Likes

Exactly.

It’s these High Elves:

Not these ones:

or these ones:

But some is better than none.

3 Likes