New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

Naw they removed it. Probably was for a brief test.

And I hope that is the case. But as it stands, an Allied Race got their second theme, during core race customization roll outs, and the core race of BEs still don’t have their second theme. And you have some pro HE fans still acting like if they don’t get minor details that it’s a huge defeat and I hope the community gets more too, but not before BEs actually get
 something.

Ah yes, the fun police are at it again.

I mean
 Not to be that person, but some would definitely take High Elves/Blue Eyed Blood Elves as an alternate theming on the Blood Elf end.

And it’s really hard to argue that getting Half Elves through the ear length customization isn’t explicitly an alternate theme that was not there before (at the moment this is not something confirmed to be coming for Void Elves and is only on the Blood Elf end, to be clear).

I get that they aren’t the additional themes you want and by all means you should absolutely keep asking for them and I will give you a full throated cheering on the entire way. But to say they’ve gotten nothing on that end is not particularly accurate.

Please don’t misunderstand me, I am not saying that Blood Elves got “enough” or that you can’t keep asking for things. There’s still a lot of room for added customization and theming and in my book you should absolutely be pushing for everything you can. This is very much the time for it.

3 Likes

i think the only reason we got human skin colors is because the devs saw how positively the belf community responded to the blue eyes datamine reveal, early on, before blizz had revealed it, and they saw how negatively the helf community responded. so they threw us a bone and then revealed belf blue eyes. its a theory i have. might be wrong but i’m guessing belfs got blue eyes in exchange for human skin tones

The sliders are going to NEs as well? Presumably to VEs as well. They are ear sliders. The blue eyes were assumed to come to BEs with no consolation for VEs and then they did a reverse and were more fair.

Nothing of which is a new BE theme. Like Dark Rangers would be. More light themes. Etc. And I’m not the only BE fan who feels customization has shown favoritism to an AR but not the core race during core race customizations so to paint it like the feels aren’t valid feels disingenuous.

When we get a second theme set it’ll go a long way I think for BE fans until then it feels lacking.

Okay, I guess.

Again, you have my support the whole way on this, but I kind of feel like you’re actively dismissing the implications on some of the customizations that have been added.

But I realize it’s not what you want, and that’s legit. I really do hope what you’re looking for winds up happening.

1 Like

Agreed. It should have been Thalassian themed, but blue and purple instead of the red and gold Blood Elves get.

1 Like

well technically, you did - the alliance high elf theme is currently more thoroughly realized as a blood elf in shadowlands. all things considered, currently, shadowlands void elves dont look like traditional high elves, compared to blood elves. and if that never changes, void elves will still have to roll horde if they want a thoroughly high elven, high elf.

1 Like

I support HEs on alliance. But BEs are the main continuation of HE themes, so while I don’t think it should stop Alliance from having their HEs. The themes are BE first, so Blood Elves got their own theme
 and?

2 Likes

actually it hasnt been their theme since outlands. that theme was the purview of non playable alliance allied high elves,who even still called themselves high elves. alliance wanted them to be playable on alliance. currently, they are not. and if things dont change, they wont be. and blood elves will have the alliance high elf theme on the horde.

4 Likes

personally I’d like the wings as a toy so I can have them no matter what I am wearing, cloak or not.

You’re missing my point regardless I am saying VEs aren’t a core race and they said this is core race roll outs, so I want to see more BE stuff before VE.

2 Likes

At the very least Blizz should give Blood Elves options to make them more distinct from Void Elves

3 Likes

Nah, then we can’t see them on the log in screen or in the Armory. Would be awesome if they could make them a barber shop option or something.

1 Like

For void elves we’ve seen eye colors, and skin colors, still wearing belf undies in an announcement. We know nothing else about what they are getting yet, because it’s still alpha.

We don’t know yet if we can fully devoidify our toons to be high elves, so we may not actually have the high elf theme.

If all they get is skintone it will just be slightly more Alleria flavored void elves. It’s premature to assume velves are getting more themes than belves.

People gotta chill.

5 Likes

I think Lann is right.

The theme continues with Blood Elves and is theirs.

The Alliance now has Void elves and that is another branch of the theme which now may or not contain Alliance high elves and potentially even blood elves.

The theme of the original high elves follows the Blood Elves where most of the race is in their Homeland.

But the void elves continue the alliance high elf theme its just evolved the same as the blood elves did.

3 Likes

Seems like a tall order for Fire Mages, or Dark Iron Dwarves in general. :wink:

5 Likes

I could live with this!

1 Like

My only point is there is no urgency to additional VE customization because at worst it’ll come when the ARs get their moment. Blood Elves are sharing their time it appears with VEs during core customization, and when more stuff for BEs like a much desired second theme comes out, then I think it’ll be better.

To that note I think it’s premature to expect more for VEs immediately and a lot of people do, they have this “we need this now” mentality and when it’s brought up that BEs need things first its “well just ask louder”. One can’t act like VE customizations is urgent and then turn around and tell BE fans well just wait.

1 Like