New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

Ok so your intention wasn’t to provoke me then, gotcha.

I’m specifically referring to people who wanted high elves, who are now happy that they get to look like a high elf through the new void elf customizations.

I don’t think it’s okay to smear poop in their faces with pointless comments like “HA HA ur still not a high elf!”. It’s completely unnecessary behavior and it just doubles down on the fact that many of the “antis” have very spiteful intentions that go deeper than just not wanting people to play high elves.

Now regarding what you just said, I don’t think people were asking for purple blood elves to be playable nor the blood elf story.

4 Likes

Fair enough I like the VE one because it’s one of the only armors that looks like a crop top on males too. And it is voidy and fits a new theme Void represents.

I would however argue against having had the BE armor set on VEs, not only because I like it less but the BE one is inherently BE, and VEs diverge from that. It’s part of the reason I love the wayfarer idea because it’s a way to have a win for HEs without HE fans infringing on BE themes.

I do have to say I feel a bit bad for some VE fans who don’t care about the new customizations. For example some want red eyes, and now as a BE player who is feeling slighted during a customization period that was promised for core races I have to say I would be annoyed / start to resent VEs if Void Elves got red eyes before Blood Elves get red eyes and Dark Ranger themes.

When high elves are eventually…hopefully…playable haha :heart:

I mean isn’t there a common poster here that did a pretty good job making his own silver covenant set? I don’t remember who

If they added Heritage for the sub races the customizations are supposed to encompass that would be nice. And there are ways to make it different from the BE heritage of course as well.

1 Like

I find Void Elf heritage armor to be lousy. It doesn’t say much about their heritage it just emphasizes the void theme

2 Likes

it took wowhead months to add a velf category for datamined customizations because they didnt know what to put there. its been almost entirely about blood elves. belf getting new skin colors - wowhead article and individual images of belfs with new skin colors. belf getting new eye colors - wowhead article and individual images of belf eyecolors. belf body jewelry - wowhead article and individual images of belf body jewelry. belf getting new hair colors and new hairstyles - wowhead article and individual images of belf hair colors and hair styles. a month goes by and nothing about velfs at all.

finally blizz says velf get new skin colors and eyecolors and belf get blue eyes. wowhead does an article. and then right back to belfs. next up was belf bracelets. there hasnt been a single thing about velfs since.

5 Likes

Maybe because it’s not the AR customization period and this is an unexpected early treat.

As it should be it’s the core race customization period. And BEs still don’t have any major victory to show for it, yet VEs do they now have two themes. And more to look forward to when they concentrate on ARs.

I can’t wait for the reveal of the sub-race system that all these customization options for all these races hard points to.

Wild hammer heritage armor.

Sand troll heritage armor.

7 Likes

I think its a response to people going “haha we got high elves suck eggs!” it is a spiteful way of saying they got what they wanted after saying they were all about thelore.
So…if they really want to go that route, then technically, not a high elf anymore, you’re a void elf. You get my point? It is mud slinging either way.

Purple blood elves get both, and get the notion of going back to what they believe is the “right side”. The explanation of void elves over high elves was given long ago, people just refused to accept it.
Them doing so now only after pale skin is provided, just makes the entire demand appear purely about skin deep looks.

Not going to happen after this change.
This is blizzard. They do the minimum

2 Likes

believe me when i say this: belf blue eyes is a major victory. just take my word for it. lol

2 Likes

I mean it was assumed they were getting it anyways with nothing for VEs in exchange so believe me when I say the customizations for VEs is a big thing and it’s not even the AR customization period.

2 Likes

just saying - they havent been ignoring you at all.

4 Likes

Probably Talendrion, his work is great!

2 Likes

I don’t think that blue eyes for Blood Elves is as big a victory for us as you think it is.

3 Likes

They haven’t given anything major for the BEs either which is a core race, and this was said to be core race customization time. So the feeling among BE fans is valid.

4 Likes

It’s still alpha. Some races haven’t even been previewed yet. I doubt what we’ve seen is all we’re getting.

Are blue eyes available for demon hunters by chance? Just a thought that occurred to me

theoretically, if other core races are getting access to related races, then belfs are likely to get access to related races. and what are those related races? hehe.
well 1) high elves, 2) san’layn, 3) fel elves, 4) dark rangers. whatcha wanna bet you get more than just high elf customization? i betcha do

1 Like

Doubt it, but I have heard DK’s had purple eyes at one point.
So it may be an option soon

For whatever reason purple eyes were only viewable on Void Elf DK’s. Not sure if that’s the case anymore

Farstrider tattoos. That’d be nice

2 Likes