New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

I’m a big supporter of the Darkfallen aesthetic being given to Blood Elves so players can make San’layn or Dark Ranger characters. I can’t imagine why Blizzard wouldn’t add them when it’s a popular request, and more importantly, the work is already done. The assets exist. Sure more assets in that theme would be appreciated but even if they only enable the skins and red eyes, that alone would be a greatly appreciated gain imo.

Beyond that though, other options that could be added later when dev time is available for more stuff, could include things like gothic style make up options, certain de-tentacled Void Elf hairstyles shared with Blood Elves, certain Nightborne hairstyles shared with Blood Elves, etc.

3 Likes

Blizz! Please give dark ranger customization to the blood elves! Also tattoos for everyone! A variety please, mage, ranger, holy inspired for belves at the very least, and vine like ones for nelves would be cool!

4 Likes

I am ridiculously excited for nelf customization.

4 Likes

Every time i see the data mining streams on Wowhead, they ALWAYS show the red eyes and it just BAFFLES ME that they haven’t been added in yet.

2 Likes

You can’t lose something you never had dude. WC3 happened, they left, changed their name. The blood elves do mention their history with the alliance, and they do so with disdain because in their eyes, the alliance simply was an ally who was largely unavailable.

How is it any fair for the alliance to get two themes to the horde’s one, when the HOrde was the original owner and a core race? This simply comes off as an entitled view.

“Well I believe i should have had it in the first place, so I should have it, AND this cool funky void theme too! Since I deserved it!”

Like I said, blood elves should get something new, but the view that the alliance deserves everything is an old mentality that needs to get dropped.

4 Likes

Agreed. I mean… the assets exist. The players are asking for them. Why say no?

4 Likes

I am actually starting to think I might make a dark ranger character myself.

4 Likes

Blizzard has always had a mentality of “it is what we want, not what you want that matters.”

4 Likes

here are all these pro helfers asking for belfs to get new, unique, highly requested stuff and meanwhile you’re fussing at us as if we didnt.

6 Likes

I can’t argue with that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I address what someone said individually. Not going to treat you like you’re a hive mind.

2 Likes

Dear, quest and daily mission text basically imply the only reason Nelves “helped” was to strictly put the BL out of comission, but apart from that they didn´t give an eff over the Nightborne nor the aftermath for the city.

Since when Tauren care over World Trees? No seriously, this seems more like a CC issue and Tauren Druid proper issue, NOT a Tauren -as in, the race- one.

Sure dear, that´s why her words after arriving to Silvermoon were “how are you people, what happened here??” instead of “I´m a messenger from our lord Anduin”.

No self-respecting Belf would call him/herself “High Elf”, cause that kinda goes against the whole “Let´s change ourt name to Sin´dorei to honor the fallen after the Zombie apocalypse”. The way I see it it´s a MASSIVE disrespect in Belf culture.

1 Like

well you must not be paying attention since the person you directed it at, is pro belf getting new, highly requested stuff. you’re the only one here atm, not wanting people to get things

2 Likes

Where have I said no one should get anything?

1 Like

I’m not talking about Blood Elves, I’m referring to the HIGH ELVES who STAYED and are STILL currently with the Alliance. You’re right! The BLOOD ELVES left and changed their names, they tarnished their name and aided against the genocide against the Night Elves. I don’t want them! I want the faction that stayed true and loyal to the Alliance, who never left and CONTINUE to fight and uphold ALLIANCE beliefs. Plenty of examples of them being active and proud ALLIANCE members, that’s who we want, there is a clear distinction.

It is an even and fair trade, if Blood Elves also retained and GAINED their high elf aesthetic, the Void Elves should also GAIN and retain their high elf aesthetic. It’s a win-win! Who’s to say that Blood Elves won’t gain a NEW identity? They could add Dark Rangers stuff, they are still infused with the light and have Light filled eyes! It’s still Alpha and as we have seen, this isn’t the end for Blood Elves getting new things?

6 Likes

Aleona, this is simply playing a game of semantics. The blood elves are high elves, but they changed their name to honor the people who died. Those who did not change their name, chose not to honor those who died trying to defend their people.

Blue eyes is not a high elf aesthetic dude. If you really want to equate blue eyes to what high elves are, then I’d question your understanding of the story. They were never tied to such a thing, and it is even stated their eye colors varied prior to the events of TBC. They had green, brown, purple, etc etc.

The whole “blue eyes its a high elf!” nonsense came out of WoW, where the system was so archaic that to get a new eye color youhad to make a brand new head. Yeah…like Blizzard was going to do that when they’ve infamously been bad about finishing their products.

And that is my primarily concern.
My concern is the following

1. Void elf theme gets forgotten because blizzard lazily gave them the blood elf look.
  2. They won’t bother doing much more for blood elves because hey, you can go to the alliance if you want the void elf look.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

you need to review what blood elves currently have, then make a list of things you want added, then come back to this thread, and advocate for those things while you’ve got blizz’s attention. hurry, times a’wastin

5 Likes

I mean, I already have so…why do it again?

1 Like

I was going to explain lore but Bro got it.

If you don’t feel those things it could mean a number of things. It’s a personal issue. I’m not a doctor and can’t diagnose on the forums.

What if we want to keep things we already have that haven’t already been homogenized unique to us?