New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

… Because they call themselves blood elves? Some of us respect why they changed their name tbh.

And yes, I do agree with Elisande. Even if I like them, High Elves are not worthy of that name, so they kinda should change it too

2 Likes

And yet don’t respect what they are. Which is the continuation of the High elf story from the RTS

1 Like

… They are.

I am sorry, but from where are you basing the assumption that I think otherwise?

More over, what’s up with all the assumption here? I have been pretty clear all this time that I think both BE and HE are different continuations of the thalassian legacy, even have stated multiple times that BE are the MAIN continuation.

So…?

2 Likes

What I said earlier:

So yeah it’s not limited to aesthetics, but aesthetics is a big part of it, and I want to, I’m trying to preserve that part, because at the very least it’s as important as the other aspects.

1 Like

I wasn’t just copying your post back there. I really do not see the point of your request.

And like how you went on about how you think it’s ridiculous that someone doesn’t like the idea of copying something they have. I really do not get the desire to take something that’s already playable and make a copy of it to put it on the other side because some people don’t like how the story turned out.

The blood elves are the high elf group. Everything else is just scattered remnants doing their own thing or disappearing into other groups. Why carve out chunks of other people’s story just to put in the same thing on the other side?

Seriously, this seems like the most pointless crusade to me. It all just looks like a demand to play something that’s already playable with a minor tweak on the other side.

I inderstand the point, but I can’t agree with it.

To me, actual choice will always feel more meaningful rather than an arbitrary “this race goes here, this goes there”

Like, I want to CHOSE horde or alliance, so this character makes sense making that choice, you know? I think that is lacking in terms of immersion.

Nah, it’s about context. The sociopolitical context of a High Elf on the alliance is different from the one a BE has on the Horde.

Why the presumption there CAN ONLY BE ONE continuation? To pretend that High Elves “carve out chunks of the be story” just dismisses that they are a group with different choices. And I don’t get why you can’t accept that. It’s like you don’t understand that societies splinter.

Well if you don’t appreciate that High Elves have a different sociocultural context as part of the alliance, one that some people might find interesting… Don’t know how to explain that to you?

Politics are interesting? Ideological choices are interesting? Does that ring any bells?

4 Likes

But they aren’t A group. They are a bunch of groups that are all over the place. And the one commonality they have is being off shoots of Quel’thelas, they are subpoints of the blood elf story, and making them playable on the opposite faction shuts out future stories for the blood elves.

It’d be like if the Grimtotem joined the Alliance, or the DiD joined the Horde. It changes their role in the story and turns them from a subfaction of a race that flavors the story of that race in an antagonist way into a story on their own, which then removes them from the parent story and denies that group potential storylines of defeating them or reconciling with at least some of them.

I mean, frankly, my nightmare is them actually listening to some of you and making the SC playable. Those (pick your own expletive) need to be taken down, I kinda like the idea of them coming up with some nasty scheme to tamper with the Sunwell to punish the high elves, and get hoist on their own petards, and then the guards rush in to find the Sunwell still good, but a few greasy burnt smears on the ground.

This is a bit off topic but a greater account of gatekeeping doesn’t make a lesser version of gatekeeping not gatekeeping.

It sucks that happened to you but gatekeeping occurs for all sorts of reasons varying from ideological reasoning to a persons qualifications for a job/task, and it’s not always unjustified.

Here’s a more silly, literal example.
You wouldn’t want to have a someone who hasn’t bathed in months to get in a public pool would you?
How about several?
And you’d want people hired who’d clean the pool right?

People gatekeep because what’s beyond the gate is important to them, though what you wanted to do with your own body was none of there business imo.

edited: typo.

1 Like

outside of that though, there really isn’t much gatekeeping actually going on here. As gatekeeping is more of the “You can’t be a real fan of X because you don’t know (obscure fact from 40 years ago)” or the usual “Girls don’t really video games, they just fake it (continue tired nonsense here)”

What’s happening here is multiple conflicting opinions clashing against each other as aspects of at least some of them are in direct opposition to aspects of others.

1 Like

The fact of the matter is that Void Elves are getting fair tones, so debating the validity is pointless. The only constructive Avenue left in respect for Blood Elves is how to make things right on their end, rather than debating any perceived wrongs on the Void Elves end.

There’s a lot that can still be done for Blood Elves as there have been many constructive ideas. I do understand and agree that Blood Elves do only have one distinct spectrum of colors to choose from while Void Elves have two.

The OP in this thread also states that this is only a taste of things to come for Blood Elves and there is more on the way. The time to effectively protest fair Void Elves has past as they are confirmed additions so now we can only figure out the best compensation for this for Blood Elves, as this is arguably the best window of opportunity we’ve had in a long time and will likely have for a while after this, so arguing is pointless and detrimental to the Blood Elves own development.

12 Likes

I know, I just dislike the implication that gatekeeping isn’t real gatekeeping unless it refers to a specific scenario or is bad by default.

which is what i took away from that.
sorry in advance if i misinterpreted it.

Understood. Just happens that in these threads, a few too many times terms get pulled out for things they don’t really describe. Sometimes more as a way to try and shame an opponent in hopes they’ll stay quiet it seems. This has really been going on way too long and we’re way too good at getting at each others nerves.

4 Likes

Yeah I feel Blood Elves could use the Dark Ranger Themes / customization. It would be inherently Horde and fit / even things out, and it’s been echoed around yet we’ve seen nothing on it still so far, and until we do I’m going to be eyeing suspiciously where they put their dev time.

I saw someone say we could get the Sylvanas like tears too I like that as an option with these assumed customizations.

I want more jewelry personally for both genders of course. And goth vibes / hairstyles for many that want that!

Tattoos are assumed too but where are they? Farstrider, Magister, etc.

People are already pushing Void Paladins etc, which idk yes I want more for Void Elves, but Blood Elves need some customization love too.

7 Likes

I should include that it was also mentioned that character customization are an on-going process, and I think the devs are going to continue on with more customization’s throughout Shadowlands and beyond too.

2 Likes

That’s for damn sure. That is why you’re still not on the Tauren Beef Burger.

I do like the idea of Sylvanas’s markings myself. If they can tie specific features to specific skins, then certain levels of decay/scarring would be a very welcome addition as well.

And I wouldn’t worry about Blood Elves getting shafted to much, not yet at least as one of the games most popular races, I don’t really see that happening. If it does then obviously the Blood Elf/Dark Ranger/San’layn camps ought to close ranks and do what we can to rectify this on our end as a unified force.

The jewelry is cool, and as someone who rocks smaller mogs often, I’d appreciate the body jewelry myself, which had better happen.

As far goth hairstyles go, Void Elves actually have a couple, which paired with Dark Ranger features would look sickening as Undead Elves would still have some level of refinement, so this is a Void Elf to Blood Elf transition that would work well for the latter, as well as the former as I know more traditional styles are desired for Void Elves. This is also one of those give/take concepts where the willingness to share will really shine through.

Tattoos don’t seem to be ready for everyone as I’ve seen some for Night Elf males, though I have yet to see them for Night Elf females, so that’s likely something they’re still working on.

I do agree that Void Elves are slightly ahead of Blood Elves regarding the amount of customization for either that has surfaced, but this is still the correct time and place to be asking for Void Elf additions just as we are for Blood Elves. This is also a great time to build off of the progress the Void Elves are receiving by playing to the races similarities and dichotomy as advantageously as we can rather than as a slight or detriment to Blood Elves, as it doesn’t have to be.

This is also a very good point.

5 Likes

I agree with most of the wants of the HE community, what I don’t agree with is that it should take precedence or the notion it’s urgent which a lot of people portray it as being. Why is it urgent when the HE community wants things. But when BE fans point out we want to take the attention for a moment it’s “it’s an ongoing process in Shadowlands and beyond”. Well good in that case then VEs won’t mind waiting for more things until Shadowlands and beyond.

2 Likes

Everyone wants something Lann. Best thing, and only thing we all can do is to be patient.

5 Likes

They have released new Blood Elf jewellery customizations last I checked. Personally never been one for Jewelry but I’m loving this customization trend I’m seeing here. Now I hope we start seeing some Belf tattoos and body markings, I am definitely looking forward to that.

Iad not noticed this, it was pointed out in MMO-C:

High elf males with the new(er) eyes:

Before this build/After this build:
https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2020/25/5/1592548657-49a733287a2c4097b2d3cca9cc902d24.png

17 Likes