New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

Doesnt it become a case though of “Here is what i think, here is what I will say, but I won’t engage you or care for what you think or have to say.”. It basically comes off as you wishing to control the conversation on what is or is not allowed while having the freedom to do otherwise.
So how can you hope to come to any form of amicable terms if, well, no one but you gets to say what they do or do not like?

It is.
Everything takes development time. Its why they cheapened out by giving void elf the blood elf skins instead of going deeper into the void elf theme. Hence why those who like void elves are exasperated.
Sure the helfers are happy they can pretend to be the wives of their human lovers or whatever, but the void theme gets kicked to the back.
Blood elves suffer since they lose their unique appearance.

You can’t really then go into developing all new stuff since remember, there are other races the devs have to work on as well. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I don’t have a current unique idea to expand on the Void elves, but I think they’re quite alright in their own current void theme. I’m also not a story writer nor game designer. On the flipside, your idea isn’t exactly your own, as it’s simply themes already in the game on another race. I’d rather have nothing added, than something cloned, purely for the sake of faction fanaticism, because they’re already on the Horde.

Subjective statement. Uniqueness is a very large factor to many. I play the game for different reasons from yours, therefor I disagree from my own *and many) subjective povs.

1 Like

I would think that the more void embracing options would be less likely to be straight up asset swaps with the more HE options.

And as I pointed out in my wall of text, I’m pretty sure they’re not going to basically give one AR two whole races’ worth of options in order to fully flesh out both void and neutral options.

It wouldn’t be hard to addmore void themes.
They could have had black skin with wild pink eyes,pink hair,and vibrant magentas.
They could have different types of tentacle braids, or even accessories lkike corrupted tattoos on their body.

The void theme is really unexplored, so there is huge amounts of creativity that could be done with it.
Clearly red fits into the void theme as well.
Blood red hair or eyes. Things of such nature.

That doesn’t seem to be in the cards though.

Edit: ON another note, I really need to be better about shutting off the lights inmy house

3 Likes

My idea of adding long nape tentacles separate from hairstyles so you can add tentacles to every hairstyle?

I mean it’s kinda evident it’s subjective. Doesn’t mean I have ever been given a good argument for uniqueness.

Evidently? The point is that as far as HE options for VE’s, most people are okay with some inexpensive asset swaps, so we are talking about what should be developed exclusively as VE options.

So again, most “we want HE customization” don’t actually infringe on the idea of “dev time”. That’s why I am asking if your issue here is about exclusivity then.

4 Likes

People don’t have issue with it because they can look like high elves. They don’t care about it being cheap and easy because its what they want from the get go. If the devs had gone for the void elf theme instead, many helfers would just be spitting mad about “they’re shoving the void theme in our face” even if it took more time to develop unique skin textures and corruption appearances.

Yes they do.
Once you put in these skins there is no reason to develop more time into the void theme.
You have a high elf theme, and a void elf theme.
Boom, done. Now you can work on the other 10+ races.

Toss in some hairstyles and jewelry and there isnt much else needed

3 Likes

We’ll see, I have a feeling that we may not see more velf customization options until we get to the point that they’re ready to do all the ARs.

And the second point raised? The one about the VE getting what could end up being more than lots of core races get? You don’t think they’d be keeping that in mind, as especially if it’s singled out for more, that sounds like a recipe for outrage.

I can’t control the overall conversation. I know that. What is or isn’t allowed is not determined by me. I tried to steer the conversation towards a subject he and I could find common ground in. I failed. I probably won’t try again.

What I can control is what topics I engage in and with whom. And I am under no obligation to beat my head against a wall or subject someone else to the wall that is me on a topic we both already know we will not find common ground on. It’s a waste of my time and a waste of theirs.

But if we focus on a subject of the conversation where we can find common ground, then civil discourse can be had. I can’t force anyone to follow that lead and stick with that topic but I at least made the effort.

4 Likes

No. That’d be unique to void elves, so why not? I’d agree.

I was obviously pointing at other suggestions that overlap with Blood elves.

No AR are getting more expanded customization. VE’s are just getting some welcomed scraps for HE fans. That’s it.

Now you are presuming this must mean VE’s won’t get more expanded customization on theme, because oh boy were those skin tone swaps so time consuming.

“adding BE skins on VE’s takes Dev time away from creating new VE stuff” dear lord.

You have zero respect for the people that want to play High Elves at all.

13 Likes

I think it would have been taken better if you had entertained his views first and then moved to middle ground, rather than toss your views then insist people follow. Just saying.

He and I had those discussions already elsewhere. It’s a waste of both our time to rehash it here and it will just create more negativity. The whole point Archmage was trying to make is that we should try to keep the direction of the conversation towards things we can have positive discussions about. I tried and failed.

6 Likes

Then why did you say?

Mind you, that I think it would be nice that VE’s got some HE hair colors does not mean I don’t want more VE options. Shocking, I know.

I seriously have no sympathy if the point is “WAH, this race go MORE options” for real?

Is that really your concern, that another race gets “more” instead of being happy with what YOUR race gets?

6 Likes

You forget Tarrok a lot of people here already try to play the “VEs are only getting very little as is already” card.

I’m all for VEs getting more stuff but I’d like to see love shown to BEs before it’s done, like if we keep seeing more stuff for VEs and nothing for BEs and people keep playing this “well BEs are actually getting the best end of the deal” routine it’s kind of annoying to a lot of BE posters and not just in this thread but across the forums overall.

I hope something major and soon is announced for BE customization that will make BE fans very happy.

2 Likes

The issue is the way you, or possible the person you responded to, tried to frame the conversation. I’m not against dialing back the conversation. But to me, this had really strong undertones of “The people that aren’t discussing the same way we are are the ones being toxic and making the thread bad.”

As I said in the Teal Deer, one of my issues with that framing is that a lot of my concerns here aren’t helped by adding things to the game. Mainly preserving aspects I think are good. Not too easy to say “And if you added this thingy that’d help” for that.

I don’t care about disagreement, I’m just sick of being treated as a problem in the discussion for advocating for my tastes. And that’s all any of this is, people screaming into the ether hoping Blizzard does a thing that they like.

2 Likes

Which is why many people are happy we are getting HE options on VE’s, even if they are asset swaps :face_with_raised_eyebrow: they are cheap and fast, but closer to what we want. Why are you against this?

… Why?

This is nothing but assumption on your part.

7 Likes

I tried to frame it as simply as I could. I just wanted to talk about what customizations you’d like to see added to which races. Not the story direction for them. Not which aesthetic theme should get the lion’s share of the focus. Just, what customization options you’d like to see for which races.

You said you wanted to see more void themed customization for Void Elves. I do too! And I latched onto that and tried to steer our convo towards the details of what things you’d like to see. You mentioned the scarring and I agreed it would be something I’d like to see too and even suggested something like the demon hunter skins that have those glowing fel scars but with glowing void scars instead.

Its a conversation we could keep going with, and talk about more options we’d like to see. Maybe there’s a specific Nightborne customization you want, like a hairstyle ported from another race or a new one in a specific style. These are things you and I can talk about without butting heads and I tried to focus on that.

3 Likes

This is why, because that idea, already is aesthetically present on a unique core playable race on the opposing faction. The handful of NPC’s that aren’t playable having such options, does not make these hair options any less unique to the actual playable race that had them for well over a decade.

3 Likes

Nothing’s wrong with wanting a basic look. Not everything over the top for the sake of being different is always better. Maybe they could give them the Orange/redhair option the Dwarves are getting? I’m not sure how it would look on a High Elf but at least it’s something from an Alliance race.

Which by the way was a CRIME imo when Dwarves lost that hair color with the new Models in WoD. That was like THE Dwarf beard color and it just vanished. I’m happy to see they’re getting it back though.

4 Likes

because those asset swaps remove uniqueness and remove any desire for more void themes.

As a developer, why would I waste time putting more void themes when the current ones are satisfactory and customers are perfectly fine with the lazy HE asset?
Why would I waste more time developing stuff that can go to other races for development?
It i a matter of efficiency and common sense.

Seriously,

Yeah…how dare people want equal options for both players. How dare horde players get tired of alliance mains not only getting the exact aesthetics of a core race, but then some too.
Like seriously…

It just comes off as spite at this point and understandably, why helfers get such a bad rep.

3 Likes