New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

Omg yes! Maybe I’ll have a reason to play DK again. I haven’t played one at cap since early Cata.

'member that aoe undead stun? that was so fun in stratholme.

I loved it!

I used to mess with people in AV with that and Turn Evil.

Good times.

dreamy sigh

If DKs turn out the way Shadowlands suggest, you won’t do anything but tank on them for endgame content.

I miss Frost tanking.

Shame blood tanking was so much better. I think blood would have been a more interesting DPS spec

Didn’t Blood start as the PvE DPS spec?

Kinda sorta.
Back in WotLK we were still rocking the mix and match from the trees, but you primarily went into blood for tanking due to the insane self healing.

Frost tanking was good for raw eHP but it was better to pull from for DPS through thassarians rage and dual wielding.

It was weird.
Hence when Cata(?) or wasit MoP, hit, they nixxed it and just made blood the tanking spec for DKs since frost DK was inferior.

I liked to Frost tank in Dungeons. Had crazy AoE and threat generation.

Yeah but blood tanking didnt need a healer

I remember that their basic design philosophy back then for Death Knight specs (provided I’m not misremembering) was that:
You were supposed to take talents from all 3 tress but Blood was mainly intended for PvE dps, Frost was mainly intended for tanking and Unholy was mainly PvP and pet stuff.

So I don’t get the logic of why they put all the self healing in Blood.

I mean, thematically sure, but in terms of roles? PvE DPS is the most worthless thing to have self-healing in.

Yeah the design philosophy made little sense. A lot of what Blizzard does makes no sense.

1 Like

I swear one time, I spaced out till my group was like halfway through a pull without me, then I did one DW auto attack and instantly pulled threat on everything. It was so easy.

Speaking of Blizzard making no sense:

Now you get 4 additional backpack slots in Classic if you use an authenticator.

Just… why? :man_facepalming:

I loved it since it was super easy and you did good damage too.

God knows…
The company largely doesn’t care about its customers.

Aight, now the strongest race for casters is the best and favorite of the alliance.
Meanwhile Mag’har get 5% pet HP.

Worst racial ever.
I didn’t even like the regular Orc’s pet damage one.

The Mag’har version is like the 3rd rate knockoff. The Sonny Ploystation or the Nintondo if you will.

2 Likes

I mean it may convince me to get an authenticator. Bag space in classic is tight, yo

1 Like

Even their active is terrible.

And we liked it that way!

And we had to walk to Blackrock Mountain!

Uphill, both ways through the snow of Dun Morogh!

wanders off to look for tapioca pudding

2 Likes