New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

Yeah I’d like to see more ideas for BEs personally. But all I have to add is my desire for Dark Ranger customization but I will add I am curious how many varieties in undead skin tones that would bring? Hopefully as many types of blue VEs currently have I suppose.

4 Likes

I wish Blood elves could get some light-themed racial involving the Sunwell. It seems weird that their racial reflects an dated practice, and it would be nice to see something that could better reflect their renewed connection to such a vast source of arcane, and light magic.

Perhaps a racial like

• Light of the Sunwell
4 Likes

Anything is better than just “different shades of dark blue and purple”.

A lot more than you’ve ever offered. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I’d figure at least 3-5 easy, especially if San’layn are incorporated in the same manner, so yes I’d think the outlook on unique additions to Blood Elves is good.

There is always the Light aspect to draw on as well with possible aesthetics for hair and skin.

I think a sense of feeling hollow until it’s actually announced has been echoed by BE players too, just a lot of feeling like we need some attention too. So I do hope for Dark Ranger stuff.

I want the player agency to be a Forsaken Blood Elf. But if Blizzard can make new VE recruits tied to player agency surrounded either HE wayfarers or Silvermoon scholars, I would hope they could have San’layn lore and also Dark Ranger lore and player agency to choose customizations accordingly.

1 Like

For real. That’s one reason I got tired of the Void theme real quick. Sort of the same with the Lightforged as well. They get stale when you’re essentially stuck with that one niche theme for an entire race.

9 Likes

At least Lightforged had history and an entire patch dedicated to them :man_shrugging:.

3 Likes

I’d love all of this as well, which is why I’m trying to be vocal in said threads in addition to this one as this is a fairly critical time to be heard on these matters.

I agree, and this was a turn off for me for Void Elves, and other ARs I’m afraid to say. This is also why I prefer baseline Draenei to Lightforged and am glad I never race changed.

9 Likes

Do we know if Blizzard are finally giving our Void Elves those last 2 faces we’re missing? Males desperately need those last two - they’re so much better than everything else we currently have.

I just want to say I am excited that eyes will finally be separate from faces (at least as far as I can tell) so Rayla here can return to the face she had since the first day of Burning Crusade, but I was forced to change because I really wanted the yellow eyes.

2 Likes

Oooo I didn’t realize they were missing faces. Have any linksies?

Any links? No :stuck_out_tongue: You can see it for yourself, though. Both male and female Void Elves are missing faces 9 and 10 on the character creation screen.

and two of the skin colors are identical and two of the hair colors are identical.

before shadowlands

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/681381.jpg

5 and 8 are exactly the same color. 1 and 4 are so close to being the same color, they might as well be. that means velfs originally got 6 unique hair colors.

blood elves got 10 unique hair colors before shadowlands, plus an unique death knight hair color - frosty blue, and an unique demon hunter hair color - neon orange. for a grand total of 12 hair colors before shadowlands. for shadowlands they are gettting 3 more hair colors for normal belfs - a true black, chocolate brown, and cinnamon red. thats 15 hair colors.

this is gonna be a problem because they already have so much. there’s only so many new hair colors they can add without getting in to new territory such as color melding and unusual hair colors.

4 Likes

THANK YOU I THOUGHT I WAS GOING INSANE

I genuinely think they put in a color twice on accident instead of the black we see up there ^ in the OP

4 Likes

Their eyes look green more then blue

at this point, for belfs to feel as if they are getting as much as an AR that didnt have much to begin with, the artists should probably focus moreso on hairstyles, since belfs have pretty much every shade of blonde, red, brown and now 2 shades of black, as well as unusually bright colors in the dk and dh color palletes.

5 and 8 are actually different, sadly. It’s such a stupidly small difference that it shouldn’t even count, though. But I think you’re right about 1 and 4 being identical; can’t see anything different about them 2.

I wouldn’t even know when it comes to their skin colours.

there’s 2 skin colors that are pretty much the same. in fact, in the barbershop, i get confused between them. i realize it was probably difficult to come up with colors that didnt make them look like high elves, since the option wasnt available to give them different animations at the time.

1 Like

physically, yes they are. Philosophically, they are not.
I’m just talking physically.
And tattoos are both physical and philosophical at the same time, if a blood elf wants to wear blue tattoos because he has blue eyes again … who are we to judge?

1 Like

hey do me a favor if you’d be so kind and tell me if you think the dk colors are identical to the normal colors they already had? some of them look very bright, like brighter shades of their normal hair colors. if so, then belfs have even more than 15 hair color options, depending on which class they are playing. velfs have no special hair colors based on their class, because their dk colors are identical to their normal colors, i think, and they cant be demon hunters, so they dont have those options either.