New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

Just because some people don’t want some things, does not mean they speak louder than anyone else.

I would like for you to say this to Dorp and Cezol/Kizzan since they don’t seem to agree with you. In fact, I do recall them saying pro-uniqueness doesn’t matter and should have no voice.

My stance has not changed since the reveal.
This change is bad, until they do something for the Horde to even it out.
Otherwise, we’re going back to the status quo of Alliance getting everything, including what they don’t want, and the Horde getting screwed.

3 Likes

Get with the times Broflake. It is 2020. Not 2007. The game needs to move forward, whether you like it or not. Otherwise, if you’re still unhappy because of “customisation” options, guess what, there is more games out there for you to enjoy

And you saying “this change is bad” is nothing more but your own opinion.

2 Likes

Having customization is fine.

Taking everything from one thing and giving it to another without leaving anything unique is not.

I am pretty sure, some people would agree that there should be somethings only a BE/VE should have and not available to both.

3 Likes

So when Ion said if you want to be a pale pretty blonde elf, the horde is waiting for you, you took that advice and went to a different game?
Or are you going to become aware of what you are saying, was the same as Ion’s, and realize, telling someone to leave because they disagree is a bad thing to do?

Besides, I am not against customization, I am against shared assets.
I would rather you not speak my points for me and try to paint me in a way to favor your view since you cannot seem to speak with me in an honest way.

2 Likes

Yeah no, that’s quite the subjective statement. What you see and label as “gatekeeping”, is people rejecting the homogenization of the Void elf and Blood elf races.

If what you want furthers that, then you bet we’re going to ask against it. It’s really that simple.

3 Likes

Oh right, so you agree with the lead dev of a game, who clearly doesn’t shown to really communicate with every other dev until he and the devs talked it over about the customisations, mind you has only played Horde, and owns a guild called “Elitist Jerks” on Mal’Ganis…

Okay, let me simplify it for you since you don’t get my point.

If you don’t agree with what Ion said, you should not tell people to leave the game for not agreeing with you.

now at this point I hope the next point is

“Oh that was your point” and not some thing where you jump off on another tangent.

Thats not what gatekeeping means.

2 Likes

They’re voicing their opinion on a matter in a public forum. Come on man.

3 Likes

Exactly, it is only there own opinion. It isn’t a fact of what they think, it is only an opinion.

1 Like

If anything the reason why Void Elves getting more Blood/high Elf options is because the helfers still weren’t satisfied with what Blizz gave them and kept up a never ending campaign.
The only thing that ‘we’ got out of it was blue eyes and the alliance not getting playable high elves.

1 Like

LOL

lol why? So are we going to remove half of the current female Blood Elf hairstyles since they’re just female Human hairstyles or…?

Why are you using a quote from him which he ended saying “there are no plans for now things can change” and then they literally did change with THIS announcement :joy:

Ion says a lot of things that change later down the line, and in this case he literally said it wasn’t set in stone and then ta da, we get new customization.

4 Likes

Just like yours is only an opinion on having high elves be playable, or that this is a good idea.
You are on equal ground with everyone else Sara.

Been Alliance since Vanilla.
We literally get EEEEEEVERYTHING.
Serously outside of the raiding community and M+, there is nothing we are hurting for .

Since its pretty hard for people to keep track of my view. I have taken the luxury of copying and pasting so people understand rather than making things up for me.
You are welcome.

Why are you asking a question that is answered within the same sentence? I thought it was pretty obvious, in fact, I explained it to Sara as well. You can scroll up and find it helfer alt.
I would guess from the writing style it would be…Kizzan.

I can agree with this.

The thing is, it’s likely going to have to be new things for Blood Elves. Things like the new hairstyles they are getting, the new jewelry, the golden eyes, and hopefully by release, Darkfallen skins and red eyes for a Dark Ranger/San’layn aesthetic. Maybe some glowy light-themed tattoos and gold and/or red radiant hair elements too?

Right now nearly every single hairstyle they have (barring the new ones) is shared by multiple Alliance races. So if Void Elves get those it’s not actually sharing something from Blood Elves, when it could just be sharing from Humans or Draenei. The goes for hair colors. Void Elves could get shades from Humans which are different from the shades Blood Elves have but Void Elves would still have a “blonde” and “red” hair option even if its not the same shade as Blood Elves.

3 Likes

I think he’s just saying that their opinions have swayed us to where we are now. A sense of you contributed to this as much as we did. Type point/meaning.

That being said I for one am extremely happy as both a BE player and HE supporter. So I’m grateful to both sides that have or may have contributed to the situation we are in.

2 Likes

None of us have anything here aside from opinions… we’re not devs. We can’t decide anything.

1 Like

Same. Velf customizations are awesome for my Velf characters (now I can make High Elfs!) and Blood Elf customizations are amazing for my Blood Elf characters (seriously the new tiara hairstyle and multiple jewlery options aaaa I’m going to have so much fun.) And the new skin/eye options can make some AWESOME combos for Blood Elves!.

1 Like

Well, can you tell Broflake that, since he ignored this part:

1 Like

The body jewelry also sucks, and I’d rather have tattoos.

That’s what I mean…if you look at it from a general post; the only thing that you can say is unique for a blood elf is the golden eyes (hairstyles are something else that I have mixed debates on, so Im not including them at this time). I would like said skins to be only for blood elves, and not similar typing for void elves.

Things should have unique tenets.

1 Like