New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

You know what, Isveria has a better argument for you:

And same models.

Your voices would have carried more weight if they were actually asking for something to be given rather than to gatekeep something from someone else.

Had your voices added to ours in our plea for a unique, model, unique hair, and unique customizations, Void Elves may have never happened and we might have gotten Alliance High Elves instead, that, while bearing as much resemblance to Blood Elves as Nightborne do to Night Elves, wouldn’t have been a straight up carbon copy, and now even more is being shared between the two.

Obviously we can’t guarantee any outcome now, but I’m fairly confident had we joined forces on a unique model, Blizzard might have been inclined to do for Alliance High Elves what they did for the Nightborne (mediocre results and all). Instead the anti’s said “no” to every suggestion and the pro’s kept asking for High Elves. And here are the results.

8 Likes

Well there are despite what games of “when does this happen I never see it” some pros do, but there are a lot of asks for Quel’thalas. Discord, other forums etc. it’s all based on trying to deconstruct BE lore on Horde. And paint some sort of rightful claim on Quel’thalas that derives solely from the perspective Alliance High Elves should come in and reclaim it or push the BEs out or turn BEs neutral idk it takes so many different forms and angles I lose track but it’s essentially a want of the lore for Quel’thalas.

With HEs being brought into VEs and the name being Void Elf. It deflates imo a lot of those people’s entire arguments so I will be relieved that we have won our HE lore, and BE lore is protected.

I mean…sure? Still doesn’t take away from the fact that High Elves have historically been an Alliance race/faction even if not playable. They’ve never been a Uniquely Horde thing, model wise.

It doesn’t matter if they are playable or not, when there are countless NPCs and class trainer and portal keepers etc. spread throughout the Alliance zones and interacting with our characters.

I’m noticing the only people upset about this change are Blood Elf players who feel like they are “losing” something or being stolen from, which saddens me as someone who plays both races because I feel like in the end everyone is just gaining MORE STUFF and more options and more variety and choices and freedom. And at the end of the day, in a fantasy MMORPG more customization should be celebrated not fought over bc “that’s mine !!”

Like why don’t I see these Belf players talking about how happy they are for getting new hair, beards, skin tones, body jewlery, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc.?

11 Likes

I’m sorry. You better tell Blizzard that those High Elf Wayfarers and Silvermoon Scholars should not be in the rift either.

They were not a playable aesthetic for 15 years..
That one sentence alone demonstrates why your statement about the past doesn’t hold weight.

How do you know?
Everyone is getting jewelry etc etc.
No one except void elves gets to look like a blood elf.
Which is the point.
Void elves are the only one that gets to look exactly like a core horde race, where as the horde have no such thing on their end occurring.

Did you know void elves are getting those too?

This is a contradiction.

Its just as bad.
Guess what…
which is playable?

Blood elves.
So everything about NPC’s is nothing.
You know why?
Forsaken use the skinny human model Defias have, you want to argue that Horde should get the straight backed human look as an AR?
It is a silly argument.

Yeah, no, you have absolutely nothing to substantiat this Nico and its just a tangent to draw away from the concerns of reality. It means nothing.

“Well what if” has no bearing on what actually is. So trying to blame antis, for what Blizzard has decided, is ignorant at best.
You really should give up on this train of thought because its trying to assign blame, to the group that is losing out on a unique aesthetic, for a decision a third party made.

3 Likes

Except they haven’t, alt #21510515135 of someone who has made this exact same argument.

Thre have been calls for it yes, and honestly…yeah…I don’t have faith in Blizzard.

1 Like

That is generally because a number of the more vocal antis…like the ones in here, did not want anything of the sort. This isnt some revelation. A number of people said how they didnt want anything and stood upon the pillar of racial uniqueness.

That being said at the same time; a number of these same antis arent that mad or discouraged about these developments either.

I would have a large issue with this. Simply because it ruins the plight for high elves and sets very bad precendent.

The issue is that (Much like the pro parties), the anti crowd has a lot of different opinions with the most vocal proponents pushing the narrative of “nothing should happen”. Lets not act like something similar wasnt happening with the pros as more radical narratives back then and even now get pushed forward.

Why would they want to influence if their opinion was to maintain the status quo? You do release that a large argument on forms was “nothing” rather than “compromise.”

Honestly, this is the best chase scenario for me…for MANY reasons.

It is a silly argument. Because you’re the one who wants to carry on about it, as if to say, you do not want the game all together to actually move forward.

Well I think a Void Elf, demanding Quel’thalas holds much less weight then HEs that people like to push as being morally better then BEs.

So I am happy VEs can get the customizations and the wayfarers lore to be former HEs. And I feel satisfied that Blizzard will protect the integrity of BEs and their lore on Horde.

Thank you admitting the argument is a silly one.
Now you can address this one?

Sharing assets is not moving forward. At worst, it is laziness on customization, but no one cares because its for a pretty race.
You only say it is, because this is what you wanted from the beginning.

Moving forward would mean going deeper into the void elf theme.

Maybe? Blizzard hasnt explained this lore wise yet.

1 Like

You might be right. I can’t say with any certainty what might have happened.

But I can say with absolute certainty that your side did NOT want this outcome.

And I believe that if we had been able to find any common ground, and spoke in one voice to Blizzard about what we could agree on, that it might have influenced the outcome in a different direction.

I admit things could have turned out exactly as they have. But we can always keep watching and see how effective the wall of “no” is at continuing to blur the difference between Void Elves and Blood Elves. I’ve got plenty of popcorn ready for the show.

4 Likes

We are, you just keep insisting that asking for our tastes to be the ones catered to is only a request to deny you your tastes being catered to.

In one game. And then not until the 2nd expansion in wow did you really get an alliance faction of them.

3 Likes

At the end of the day arguing with this guy doesn’t really change the fact that Void Elfs ARE getting the new skin tones and blue eyes in the Shadowlands Pre-patch, as well as potentially getting new hair colors (we see a new black/non-voidy black up there that’s not in game right now, and we might be getting white hair like Alleria if the datamined stuff about picking “Second hair color” and “Second skin color” for Entropic Embrace is right).

So I guess we can just be happy for more customization and player agency of our appearance, thank Blizzard for making such a great choice, and continue asking for them to further expand upon the customization for all races :smiley:

Especially Nightborne! Give our Nightborne some love Blizz! As a Nelf player, feel free to steal our skin tones, hair colors, and hair styles. The more customization avaiable to all races the better, I don’t take it personal :smiley: And if Belfs get Velf hairstyles but non-voidy, good for them :smiley:

8 Likes

Well Void Elves are officially traitors, Lor’themar remarks as such as well. Traitors seem less legitimate than say the political schism that the HEs of the Alliance would base their claim on. That is my perspective.

How about I just put you on ignore. It is clear you want to ignore entire parts of the post and hide the fact that you’re upset over “skin colours” :angry:

I tried explaining the best possible way for you. But all you want to do is part quote and ignore most of my post.

1 Like

Well yeah…because it was about uniqueness for both VE and BE, pointing out the stances of Anti doesn’t really do anything. People could have compromised, but then that wouldnt be pro-uniqueness.

Even then, as you said it could have been this anyway, and I am leaning towards it being this way purely because Blizzard is lazy.

2 Likes

Oh self awareness

But some of us never wanted High Elves to begin with, we wanted something different. Yes, maybe Blizzard could have given Void Elves a unique model. It would have been justified considering they were nearly turned into Ethereals. Instead we got void skinned Blood Elves with weird hair. By the time we knew what Void Elves actually were, it was too late to ask for some of the things you wanted. Now Blizzard is attempting to end the debate by giving addition options to both sides.

We never wanted the same thing, so why would we have joined your pleas?

2 Likes

Go for it? I am not sure what kind of reaction you expect from me Sara.

There is irony here, because you are not self-aware, and as such, do not realize this is what you are doing. You have been ignoring my argument entirely.