New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

Lann, I think you need to read through every argument. Because he is ignoring every single bit I have posted before him. Even I said to Orcroll that we could’ve use the same models suggested to be used for the playable High Elves.

I mean, if they want to ignore that, and also deny that, then it is clear on where there is going.

No, because you just ignore everything. It is probably the reason why you’re only “Part Quoting”.

2 Likes

While I agree with Sara over the validity of the customization options. I can’t speak for her but maybe it comes off as you arguing against them so she is trying to argue the validity of them. (Which I support the changes too)

But that is all moot as the point you both agree on is supporting more BE customizations going forward.

1 Like

Why would I address that facet of your argument when it has nothing to do with the one I put forth?
Sorry, not going to play your game of running off in different tangents. Address the point, or you can quit trying to dismiss the concerns others have regarding blood elves no longer being unique.

Address the argument directly. Suggestions about a different high elf model mean nothing because it isn’t even in the same topic as this conversation. Either admit you’re wrong, or provide a counter. If you won’t answer, I’ll simply assume you know you’re wrong and are being prideful

I don’t care about them Lann since they’re not related to the point I was making. It just results in a big ol whirlpool where the original point gets lost.

1 Like

Now you’ve gone too far! :unamused:

1 Like

Considering Blizzard’s about face on everything I would not be surprised.

Gosh, Void Elves aren’t generations apart. Anyone can easily tell you this one Broflake. That is why they look very much the same to Blood Elves.

Secondly, log in to the game, look at human, gnome, dwarf and worgen human form, then tell me to say I am wrong again.

No, it isn’t about the model, it is the fact that you still like to deny others from anything.

2 Likes

Well besides wishful thinking and it being desired, I also thought people have been saying it looks to be a reality with some of the SL options that EE will receive a toggle.

I am going to copy and paste my response to you, since it contradicts your worgen, gnome claim directly.

You can then address why you think there is no unique loss, rather than continuing to ignore it. Quadrupling down on your point shows stubborness, not a willingness to understand.

1 Like

Would you like me to put it in header 1 for you:

4 Likes

Basically, I think what Sarallesta was trying to say is that if anti’s hadn’t be so anti-everything the pro’s put forth, including the different model mockups suggested as models for Alliance High Elves, that we might not be where we are now with having a carbon copy of the Blood Elf model and now getting their skin tones too. And oh boy if Void Elves get green eyes, all the Blood Elf hairstyles and hair colors too, then certain heads will likely explode.

Those people probably won’t care if it comes with non-tentacle Void Elf hair, Darkfallen options for San’layn/Dark Rangers, or any other options for Blood Elves, because they will not be able to reconcile the fact that they could have stopped this from happening. They could have influenced the direction the devs went, by supporting an alternate model for Alliance High Elves. Instead they chose the wall of “no” and now it’s toppling over right on to their heads…

12 Likes

That doesn’t address my point Sara.
I am speaking about aesthetics and uniqueness.
Your response is trying to explain the decision.
Those are two different things entirely.

You have been told by 4 to 5 people you aren’t addressing my point, and they have summarized it for you, and yet you still do the following.

1. Bring up gnomes even though it has been addressed.
  2. Bring up an unrelated response.

So…address the point, or admit you are wrong in comparing the matter to gnome skins. I am not going to mock you for admitting you are wrong.

And none of that matters, because it does not address the fact that blood elves are no longer unique.
If someone says “It is really unfortunate my boss didn’t give me the raise”, you don’t say “Well if you had supported MY ideas about me getting a raise things would be different!”.
It does not address the person’s concerns, it just makes it about them and tries to suggest things would be different.

Eh…I wouldn’t.
If Blizzard was willing to do a roundabout on something they said they wouldn’t do, then this would not surprise me.
I would simply shrug, and go on with my day since I play a worgen.

Except they couldn’t, having antis say “YEAH LETS GIVE YOU A LORE BREAKING MODEL!” wouldn’t do anything about whether or not blizzard would, or would not have done it.
That is trying to blame the wife, for the husband letting the horse out of the barn, because she did not want to give him another horse.
It is pretty nonsensical and a spiteful thing to do.

4 Likes

Thank you. You put it into much better words than I do.

5 Likes

It does address it. You just want to ignore it. Why do you think Void Elves and Blood Elves look exactly the same, but Night Elves and Nightborne don’t?

In the end, it just comes down to, “I don’t want the Alliance to have fair skin blue eye tall magestic elves” as what it sounds like.

4 Likes

That put things into perspective thank you I was a bit confused over this exchange.

I will say this though as a fan of BEs over Alliance HEs, I like how things are going. I’m not protective over the model just the lore. And if Blizzard allows HE lore to be added to VEs it ensure a divergence from storytelling that might otherwise have trampled on BE lore.

IE: the like clockwork every 6 hours on the dot HE fans that petition for Quel’thalas, have a lot less validity to them since their character slot will say Void Elf.

And while I support the lore being added to VEs, and I’m not protective of the model I’m very happy and feel content that the BE lore won’t be stolen, or overlapped. Because the Wayfarers will tie into VE stuff.

So even from an anti perspective I would hope they take solace in that the lore for BEs isn’t threatened.

3 Likes

What makes you think we had any say in the matter whatsoever? Blizzard obviously didn’t want a different model or they would have done so.

2 Likes

Hey, we didn’t have a say when Blizzard decided to give us these customisations for the Void Elves.

1 Like

It literally does not.

Take the time to read it word for word.
Simply Nico is here to defend your refusal to answer the argument doesn’t mean anything.
You’re not addressing the argument, at all.

Lore arguments say NOTHING, about the fact that blood elves lost a unique theme. Its just words.

To be honest? Who knows? Blizzard has been rather unpredictable this expansion design.

1 Like

Thats lore though.

Broflake means more from Gameplay… or not even that. Aesthetic?

While it might make potential sense (Since we don’t know the reason these skins lorewise have been given to us) in the lore, the Blood Elves do lose uniqueness if the Void Elves can be the exact same in look even if in lore they still aren’t the same.

It was never unique in the first place when Alliance High NPC and Dalaran High Elf NPCs have been walking around for a decade with the same skin tones, lol.

Not to mention Blood Elves gained MORE unique things than they lost. Unique hairstyles, body jewelry, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, golden eyes, aqua eyes. They also have gained a lot of new skin tones too.

As someone who plays both Belves and Velves I’m very happy for both and hope that the Devs decide to share some hairstyles from them and Humans amongst all three races (A lot of Blood Elf Hairstyles are just Human Female ones right now anyways).

Also would love Blood Elves to get Dark Ranger options and Void-less Void Elf hair options :smiley: And arcane tats!

Sharing assets just means more variety, creative freedom, and fun for everyone. You aren’t losing anything, you’re just sharing with others now whilst still getting more unique stuff.

12 Likes

Can we stop pretending that NPCs are anywhere near equivalent to a playable race when saying a side has some thematic aspect?

4 Likes