New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

I know it was labor intensive for them to make, but I miss when new races got a starting zone, as well as an adjacent zone.

It was a shame that Goblin/Worgen/Pandaren only got the initial zone, and then it was kind of just, “Ok, go off somewhere else now I guess.”

Kul Tiran paladins should be a thing. They should be the Knights serving in the Order of Embers from Drustvar.

3 Likes

They can be Priests and Mages, neither of which makes sense with their culture, so why not Paladins?

1 Like

I don’t personally RP, but I always felt that change damaged what outfits RPers could make.
There was really no benefit to that change, other than making clothies generate less money while questing. Which isn’t actually beneficial to anyone.

1 Like

Priests are weird especially since they’re not using water magic, mages I can kinda see but Paladins absolutely made sense especially with how Drustvar was. They would have fit in perfectly fighting the Undead and the Coven there. I suppose it could still happen but that was a missed opportunity. Common theme for Alliance Paladins tbh. We got teased with Night Elf paladins back in legion yet we still don’t have them yet.

1 Like

If anybody ever replaces Ion I feel like looking back no one is going to have any idea why they didn’t just make High Elves an Allied race instead of having a two year internet war and making the Alliance playerbase feel ignored.

The hindsight on this bit is really bad.

5 Likes

There are historically Kul’Tiran paladins as well.

I’m blanking on any lore characters that are Kul’Tiran paladins at the moment. Do you happen to know any of their names offhand?

Also, if Dark Iron can be Paladins, Kul’Tirans wouldn’t be any weirder.

1 Like

I think it’s wrong to try and scapegoat Ion for stuff when Blizzard has had plenty of chances to add playable High Elves.

1 Like

Yep. And I think going forward anytime Alliance Thalassians show up ingame (or at least 95% of the time) they’re going to have the “High Elf” aesthetic rather than the Void Elf one. I just have that feeling.

I don’t know of any personally but they could have made their story something about Lordaeron Paladins fled to Kul Tiras after the Kingdom’s fall and trained a small Knighthood in Drustvar. Lordaeron survivors went to SW and Theramore so it’s probably fair to assume some went to Kul Tiras as well.

3 Likes

I think they’re supposed to represent the Tide Sages that were using Void, but weren’t they all evil?

Sadly a Frost Mage is really the closest thing you can get to a Tidesage, since the Tidesage gear is cloth and all.

But yeah, Jaina was specifically an exception for being a Kul Tiran Mage, and doesn’t look like the player Kul Tiran model anyway. A standard Human Mage is closer to the Jaina fantasy.

1 Like

Something like this would have been an easy explanation, especially seeing as after Quel’Thalas, Gilneas and Stromguarde left the Alliance of Lordaeron following the Second War, Kul’Tiras explicity reaffirmed their commitment to it.

1 Like

I would be opposed to any colors that Blood Elves have now.

1 Like

What if it was a different white than what Blood Elves get? Like a blueish white or something? As it is, both races have shades of blue.

Isn’t a kinda off-white the closest Blood Elves have to white?

This one that my Monk has:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/tichondrius/angelan

Talia is a great example of this too. She got sent to Kul Tiras so it’s not hard to imagine other Lordaeron Civilians, soldiers and even Paladins could have fled there and started new lives.

Go look at a Blood Elf in the barbershop and decide what you want to call them. They don’t list the names of the hair colors…so I really couldn’t say.

Kul Tiran Paladins: Easy, they are just Tide Paladins.

Water has Cleansing Properties just like the Light can cleanse.

They are essentialing channeling Holy Water Powers.

2 Likes

Give me a Green Fire type effect for this please! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s just my opinion but I also dont’ want Void Elves to have Blood Elf skin colors…yet that’s probably not going to change now.
Hoping the devs will stop giving any more of our Blood Elf options to Void elves.

1 Like