New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

I’m pretty sure the final quest in ghostlands was a lvl 20+ quest at TBC launch.

where ya fight dar’khan?

Ya. I’m fairly sure even at tbc launch that quest was set at level 20 difficulty.

one of the oldest comments on wowhead about the quest to kill him:

Did this quest 2-man with me (18 druid) and a 22 Pally. He tanked, I healed. We died a couple times (first attempt was <5%, second was due to adds), but on the third attempt we pulled it off. The key realization was that the fear is AoE , meaning that we could both get hit by it on purpose to avoid having the Pally get feared and him running after me. It was very doable after that point.

Yeah you are right.
Level 20 elite mob.

Void elves get to live on a rock though. How can anything else compete?

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/VV5w6LeUeiM?t=4

its pretty. love the stars, but not much to it.

A little bit late to this convo - but I would love to see Nightborne Druids added too but with a slight twist.

Their connection to nature is weaker, i.e. similar to the Vale Walkers who were/are proto-druids and without access to the Emerald Dream. But because of their far greater strength in magic, their shapeshifting comes from magic itself (kinda like Khadgar being able to turn into Raven) - so a more Mage-based origins with the botantist/vale walker added to them.

I always love a twist to the traditional class. Blood Knights original inception were one of my favourite twists - leeching the Narru via their magisters to gain access the Light. Shame they backed away from that one after one expac and have them turned into proper light worshipping paladins - the original Blood Knights were the reasons i actually rolled a paladin way back in BC. Everytime I see Liadrin now, I think, you were once cool.

3 Likes

Still geeking out about lvling a “high elf” void elf through TBC with my silver covenant tabard and quel’dorei steed when this all drops.

BTW, I have seen customization mentioned for pre-patch in a few places. I’m not the best at keeping up with news… is there an official word on that anywhere?

11 Likes

An unfinished rock.

9 Likes

it’s just the void warping spacetime :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Customization will be in the prepatch.

I think this would go really well in Northrend. Do you have the Hippogryph for flying?

i do. and the unicorn mount too. oddly enough, i dont seem to have the tabard. maybe overlooked it

I never got the tabard in Wrath, and my main from Wrath is on an acc I’m not subbing atm. Luckily buying the Sunreaver tabard on Horde also gives you Silver Covenant tabard on Alliance.

I can’t wait to finally have a reason to use the tabard. I got it so long ago and it never really felt right using it on any other toons.

Funny how for over a decade we’ve had a faction specific tabard and two mounts for an unplayable alliance aligned race.

10 Likes

I wonder if we were closer to High Elves back then? Haven’t paid attention to who the lead developers were back then.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s a good question honestly. Sort of strange in the xpac right after TBC was when we REALLY got a lot of the Alliance High Elf development. To the point that they had more face time than many of the PLAYABLE alliance races. They had a proper rep faction, were part of the 7th legion, the Alliance faction within Dalaran and played a part in the storyline of that Elven sword in icecrown.

You also had that magical tome in Dalaran that would spawn talking about the different Alliance/Horde races. I think someone linked that in one of these threads a few days ago but it labeled off all the current Alliance races and their magical abilities and it even mentioned High Elves. Their text in the book was something like

“High Elves are great sorcerers and were among many of the greatest Heroes at the battle of Mount Hyjal.”

Maybe there was some internal debate about them back then. Even in the form of Sub Races? Who knows though.

4 Likes

I played Horde in TBC, and when I first encountered Alliance High Elves I was like “that’s dumb, why can’t they play as them?”

So of course, I happened to go Alliance in Wrath, right in time for High Elf NPC overload. That sure was fun. :unamused:

14 Likes

Then it pretty much happened again in MOP lol. That was when I really thought they were being set up to be the next Alliance race in the expansion after MOP at the time. Imo it was the second perfect time to do it. You had Dalaran boot the horde out and rejoin the Alliance and that was where many of the High Elves lived.

11 Likes

Yeah, I just stayed Horde in MoP lol.

2 Likes