New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

I mean, technically speaking you can pretty easily infer that the act being forbidden is the order they were disregarding.

Someone would need to actually say it’s forbidden in the first place for it to be forbidden.

On top of that, Umbric’s not particularly… consistent when he talks about what led to him and his group being outed. We don’t know too many details but it’s not a far stretch to assume he may not have been on great terms with Rommath and Lorthemar already before that.

3 Likes

To be fair, if You were the Blood Elf in charge of keeping a sacred holy shrine safe from corruption after witnessing the potential harm one of your own was causing just by nearing it, it would make logical sense to rid your nation of any potential threats before it’s too late.

Blood Elves are all about Survival at all costs and stuff.

2 Likes

I certainly doubt scientist irl can deploy a literally labeled as “too risky, better stop” research by their governments and get away with it with a slap on the hand.

Why do I have the suspicion you are one of the “Void elves are the true Belves” posters?

Absolutely, Belves already had to deal with the aftermath of Kael´thas becoming full Fel juice. If anything, I think the Belf government probably became much more strict in regards to dealing with magic anbd how those magical practices can negatively impact them.

Reason why it is A-OK to research anima, but hard no regarding the void (Anima won´t screw up the Sunwell like Void would)… the fact Rommath KNEW this even before the whole “Alleria almost destroys the Sunwell” scenario kind implies he DID his homework (by proxy of evaluating how this research can impact the primary magical source of then Belves A.K.a. the Sunwell) and already made sufficient research on the topic to discover it was too risky.

And we know he knew thanks to his words in the Nightborne join Horde scenario: “This is why I demanded that Umbric and his radicals be exiled. Anyone who treats with the Void is a danger to the Sunwell!

I loove our Grand Magister, so nerdy smartypants!!! /goes fangirl mode

Can you blame him after the whole Kael´thas fiasco? guy is -probably- still hurting. And I wouldn´t discard some “my fault / guilty feelings” issues just like Lor´themar still deals with issues regarding Kael´thas (heck, Lor´s Cata short story implies this when Rommath says his parting words to Lor´themar:

“Another leader of the sin’dorei once said something very similar to me, Lor’themar,” he said softly, looking away. “I did not argue with him then; indeed, at the time, I thought him right.” Lor’themar’s blood ran cold.

“We buried him on Quel’Danas,” Rommath said. He sighed heavily. “I will notify Lady Liadrin and Magister Bloodsworn of your decision, Regent Lord. I will report back to you with their preparations.” He left without another word, his shoulders hunched."

Yup, confirmed. BOTH Lor´themar and Rommath are dealing with hurting feelings and issues regarding Kael´thas. Man SL can´t come fast enough, but at the same time I´m afraid the devs will ignore this potential delicious character development for my fav Belf characters -as usual-.

Yup, indeed a “current Quel´thalas is just tyhe same as TBC one!!” poster, nuff said.

Guys, have any of you realized those “exiled Helves” were actually military personel? People tasked with protecting the civilian population. In which country a soldier refuses to follow orders and deliberately pretends to become a handicap in the middle of a crisis and this isn´t met with a discharge from active service at the very least and criminal charges at the worst?

Civil unrest in the middle of the apocalypse is NOT conductive to survival, man. If anything, Renthar and Aurora showed their true colors when, confronted with the chance of getting reparations, they rather deny the help for the people depending on them A.K.a. all those rangers suffering in the EP in favor of nursing their hurt pride.

We don´t need more than the questing and in-game dialogue. Rommath IS the Grand Magister of Quel´thalas, A.K.A. the autorithy in matters regarding the arcane, he´s the big boss of the Belf Magisters. If he says he got them kicked out cause they refused to stop dealing with the Void then it´s a given Umbric et al DISOBEYED AN ORDER of their magical autorithy, period.

4 Likes

If you check out the teaser and look at the male void elves with new skin, the second male in the line up (with the dark brown skin) has BLACK hair, a color seen on a few Void Elf NPC’s but not available to players.

As to that mockup, I didn’t make it so I can’t claim credit for it. I just shared it because it shows how nice Void Elf hair can look in different colors and without the tentacles.

To be honest, if Blizzard wanted to really cheap out and give Void Elves more hair options while doing the absolute least amount of work, they could just make duplicates of the tentacle hair without the tentacles where possible, and with tentacles re-textured as hair where removing tentacles just won’t work.

That would net us 6 more male hairstyles and 6 more female hairstyles. Granted they’d be dupes, but without the tentacles, which would offer more options for a less void-corrupted aesthetic, especially if Blizzard gives us more hair color options.

Though personally I’ll still keep asking for a few Human hairstyles to be shared with Void Elves since I think that would offer some real variety and allow for people who want a more “High Elf” aesthetic to have some real options without sharing any Blood Elf exclusive hairstyles.

Human hairstyles and colors I’d like to see share with Void Elves:
https://i.imgur.com/sNlk0cH.jpg
The last two hairstyles for both male and female are new ones Humans are getting but I think would look really great on Void Elves too, especially in the current hair colors that Void Elves have if you want to go more void-themed, but still work for a High Elf themed character too (assuming some new hair color options are added).

13 Likes

Yes. That was just my silly way of saying “yes, they were kicked out for disobeying orders, not without warning”.

3 Likes

Absolutely not, he has every right to be the way he is. Betrayal can harden a person’s attitude and heart quite severely.

I was just pointing out that whiny is absolutely not the right word for how Rommath is at all. Even for someone who dislikes him, it still isn’t an accurate descriptor for the character.

2 Likes

Right, to be clear, my point was that Umbric may not be a fully reliable narrator when telling his side of the story.

The Void Elf origin story(and just their story in general) is literally so vague and basically non-existent that you can do whatever you want with it. Umbric existed in one line of dialogue before we ever saw him. Umbric, even now, two years after his introduction, still has just as much depth to his character.

I’d argue both Ariel’s and Lein’s points of views are correct, tbh. Just their existence alone is strange and kind of unbelievable, imo.

9 Likes

Hehehe, and Blizz trolled those poor characters further in Cata… by proxy of making them become wrteched and by proxy implying they were just as much of an addict as the other Belves were, just more… gourmet with their magical intake.

You see, I suspect Rommath is quite the closet Tsundere. Indeed VERY harsh (though he was just as harsh in “Blood of the Highborne”) but with a soft core (the recent short story dialogue that Lor´themar attributes to Rommath is Tsundere 101: “Go, you love-addled buffoon, or I will strangle you myself” were apparently the words issued by the Grand Magister in regards to his Regent Lord travelling to his date with Thalyssra).

Well, the fact Aethas never contradicts nor offers any explanation in support of Modera kinda give weight to Rommath´s words (heck, let´s see what Aethas said, ne?:

" “I assume you mean,” Rommath interrupted, “that the Kirin Tor did nothing. Did nothing to prevent it, did nothing to stop it. And instead”—his voice began to rise—“left us to rot in the prisons beneath a city many of us called home as much as ever we did Silvermoon. A city our own crown prince had served as faithfully as his own homeland for longer than a human lifetime. A city we fought and died for, and at the request of the Kirin Tor. A city within whose walls they would have watched, in silence, as we all swung from a hangman’s noose. Their city.”

"The Kirin Tor find themselves under new leadership," Aethas replied, and Lor’themar felt that his controlled tone spoke well of the young archmage.

"That is a lie, and you know it," Rommath said. "Rhonin may be their figurehead, but Modera and Ansirem remain on the council. These are the same people who happily turned their eyes away when Garithos sentenced us to death. They can all rot in hell, or better yet, in Arthas’s army as Scourge," he scoffed."

Aethas never denied the claim Modera and Ansirem were totes OK with Garithos executing one of their own.

It is stated in the story that the void elves were warned against their pursuits.

As for the high elves of quel’lithien, they were exiled because during the time where the blood elves were reclaiming silvermoon, they began dividing the people.
You can’t try to reclaim your kingdom while you have a bunch of mana vegans trying to split everyone up. That’s how your survival rate gets cut down. Need to keep in mind the quel’lithien high elves were endangering their own people.

I mean…you make up 9% of the remaining population, your people are barely holding back the scourge in ghostlands. Yeah…

2 Likes

Which was vindicated when Alleria got close to the Sun Well and a void creature made a go of it.

4 Likes

Technically I think it was a void lord

I wasn’t sure, I didn’t want to be too specific.

1 Like

you forgot ghostlands and three zones dedicated specifically to blood elves. their own 1-20 questing area and even a low level quartermaster (one of my fav parts of leveling a belf before heirlooms, was that quartermaster in ghostlands). their own special herb, the bloodthorn. etc.

1 Like

Errrr…everyone had their own starting area, and originally, it was not level 1-20. Keep in mind the level cap was not the 120 it is now, and was level 70.

1 Like

Draenei would love to have a word with you… and the Humans… and the Dwarves. And the Forsaken, though they had a little ganking trouble when they reached Hillsbrand Foothills.

Heck, most of the Alliance races had HAD this since Vanilla. On the other hand, Orcs, Tauren and Trolls had to stand Barrens chat to level.

And Bloodthorn certainly perished in utility with the leveling (freaking useless herb).

1 Like

oh i know. just saying, void elves have very little by comparison. in fact, many core races have very little by comparison. lol gnomes still dont have their own city. neither do goblins. i’m not begrudging belfs what they have, just pointing out that the experience of velfs is we have like a miniscule amount of game functions/features available.

ariel, dont you find it odd, that to have access to velfs, we had to do all the same rep grinds everyone else did, plus another 1-2 months rep grinding on argus. and then when we got access, we had less of everything than a core race. its like punishing you for playing the game. lol

1 Like

1-15? i know i’d get all decked out in the quartermaster gear before queuing into wsg.

I cannot remember, I would arguably say 1 -10 back then.
I’d have to look back at it though.

maybe we’ll soon have the chance to see it in real time if they release classic tbc. that is provided blizzard survives the collectivists.