New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

Well, I concede I´m no Orc expert nor fierce fan -as I´m currently are of the Belves-, so you probably are right.

Welcome to the life of the average Horde lore enthusiast, were we see our characters villain batted and/or ignored in favor of the pet characters of the -blatant- Alliance biased lore team.

I personally blame Afriasiabi AND Golden for the destruction of the Forsaken narrative.

2 Likes

I’m a lore buff in general, not specific to Alliance. I bounce back and forth between the factions, it’s expansion/patch specific for me.

I just post on this guy because he was my main once upon a time, and for his name.

That’s what my character was in the Farstriders, a scout that utilized stealth.

2 Likes

Speaking of, it’s a shame you can’t name a Hunter pet Scout. It’s a good name for an elf’s Owl pet.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Owl_Scout_(Warcraft_III)

It’s also a shame you can’t get the Scout title on Alliance.

Or the Prelate title on Horde for a Zandalari Paladin.

3 Likes

Yes, this. It’s annoying, as the Zandalari Paladins already had this title before the WoD title gave it to Draenei. The Zandalari Paladins who showed up in MoP were rocking it.
There were plenty of other Light based, religious style titles they could have used.

She was a scout that used stealth and melee combat instead of ranged attacks. They certainly fought the trolls and orcs enough for scouts to be a necessary part of their forces.

3 Likes

Closest you can get is Scowt. Cause it’s an owl, get it? :wink:

I’ll show myself out…

2 Likes

Your subtlety astonishes me. Have you ever considered a career as a Rogue? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I understand that they’re not allowed to access the Sunwell because of the Void energies they dabble in. Exiling them from the entire kingdom was a dumb authoritarian move, however. The very fact they were living in the Ghostlands for an unknown period of time without affecting negatively the Sunwell is proof of how exaggerated Rommath was about these scholars.

Now that they fight for the Alliance, it’s logical their access to Silvermoon is denied, though.

Alliance filth in my keep!? Slay them all!

Wait, wrong zone!

2 Likes

They weren’t infused with the void, or presumably hearing its whispers at that point yet.

Also, you know there would be dissidents among the Void Elves who would demand to see the Sunwell, or even go behind their government’s back to do so.

It seems the decision was in a similar vein to the one Lor’themar made in regards to the Elves who refused to siphon magic way back when. The one brought up in In the Shadow of the Sun.

1 Like

Yeah, but they were WAY over their paygrade in their void research and were only saved by Alleria. So I think the exile was justified.

I’m a fan of using MM hunter and Camouflage talent to do Ranger scouts.

1 Like

Precisely, which renders the decision to exile them even more preposterous.

I disagree. These elves aren’t interested in Light energies.

Yes, it’s a tradition in the Democratic Republic of Quel’Thalas to exile people randomly.

1 Like

Night Elf is best for this, as you can use Shadowmeld as a form of Vanish.
Feign Death doesn’t drop combat in PvP anymore. :slightly_frowning_face:

That and the 1-minute cooldown sucks for me. I love Rogues’ 2 second cooldown! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Hecatone does not a have story. I made him in Legion and he’s a cartoon.

Oh yeah! How could I forget the classic Hecatone/Spongebob crossover! That was one of my favourite cartoons! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Saturday morning cartoon villain? :stuck_out_tongue:

The way Thalassians always talk about the Sunwell, how much they love it, it’s their birthright, etc, there would be some who would want to more than likely.

Also, the Sunwell is not exclusively Light, it is a mixture of Arcane and Holy. That’s not even taking into account the elves who might have decided: “Yeah, having tentacles, blue skin and insane voices in my head telling me to kill people isn’t for me. Oh! I know! Maybe the Sunwell can cure me! Those jerks in Silvermoon are just paranoid, I know it will work!”

It was an (admittedly by Lor’themar himself, poor) attempt at maintaining order in a fallen kingdom during a time of desperation. Also, they haven’t really displayed any of their heavy handed tactics in a long time, which was part of their original identity. Honestly, it seems like Blizzard forgot about that part. I mean, when’s the last time we heard anything about that Leper Gnome sweatshop?