New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

All of the characters people role play are cartoons, they just aren’t aware. They are party of the cartoon matrix.

1 Like

Nope just cartoon.

I’ll get you next time Shadows! You and your pathetic friends! I swear it!

1 Like

Insert Futurama Video Saturday Morning Cartoon Fun

1 Like

Ohh, the good ´ol “hate the Orcs too much” Helf angle.

I´d actually suggest to make your character a former Helf that became a Velf as soon as she could (cause making her a Belf kinda implies she at some point overcame her distaste for Orcs and Trolls… rangers that disagreed with that premise were exiled to Quel´lithien).

Dumb? excuse me, but we´re talking about the people that openly defied an order regardless of the risk involved for ALL the Belves… which guarantees had Rommath et al that Umbric was NOT going to go near the Sunwell regardless of orders just like he insisted with the Void research before?

There´s a precedent for disobedience. Under this scenario, the exile makes A TON of sense.

Man, taking into account Alleria (as any good little Deux Ex Machina) literally saved them by proxy of getting to them at the right place in the right time seems to imply the “exile” was maybe days old… certainly not one a decade old. If not Umbric would be a void infused ethereal right now.

As long as they kept their irresponsible defying attitude regardless of the risks (heck, risks Belves are supposed to be aware as of now; the whole Kael´thas betrayal arc is about Belves getting to aknowledge one can´t depend 100% on questionable dangerous magics to survive… fact Umbric apparently never learned the lesson is not coherent at all with the lore); their exila was but a “MUST”.

Wait a minute… they prospered in the Ghostlands. As in the same Ghostlands Halduron et al make vigilant rounds about quite frequently. More reason to believe the “exile” is very recent.

There are many other options before making the dramatic decision to exile citizens of your kingdom.

They could have been assigned supervisors, they could have been sent to a far away land where they could peacefully study the Void. Cause that’s all what they wanted - study the Void, they never intended to become Void beings.

In fact, it’s because they were exiled that they stumbled upon Dar’khan’s notes which led them to their fatal destiny. If Rommath/Lor’themar had offered them a peaceful solution, they would have never found Dar’khan’s notes and would still be regular Blood Elves, with an interesting research at the Horde’s disposal.

It’s funny if you think how that backfired.

They were transformed into Void beings as an indirect consequence of their exile. Had they never been exiled, they would simply be regular Blood Elves. No tentacles, no blue skin and no whispers.

I really wish we knew just when the exile happened. It would make fleshing out RP backstories much easier. Right now all we know is it was sometime between Wrath and Legion.

1 Like

True. Though not necessarily on the whispers. The Void is supposed to whisper to those who dabble in it as well, no?

The Void is supposed to be the kind of “anti-life” stuff, so it’s a bit tricky in this regard. Heck, the void’s existence is what made Sargeras lose his marbles.

It’s never explained what threat they thought they could use the Void to defend Quel’Thalas from either.

Threatening threats of course. Threatening threats that threaten.

1 Like

Source? Afaik they were exiled simply because they studied the Void, not because they disobeyed any orders.

This is why I think the exile happening during Wrath makes the most sense. Arthas and the Scourge were still out there, so extreme measures like the Void would be more likely to be considered.

That or Legion, what with that bit about the Legion fearing the Void.

They were told to stop the research and refused.

Man, all your suggestions need something to become viable: and that´s accomodation.

Simply put it, Umbric et al were told to NOT insist with potential dangerous stuff, and instead of being accomodating and indeed negotiating, they went full “MuH pReCiOuS VoId ReSeArCh, YoU aRe NoT My mUm RoMmAtH, I DoN´t HaVe To lIsTeN tO yOu!!” teenage attitude. They already disobeyed, there were no guarantees they will NOT continue ro disobey regardless.

Rommath and Lor´themar were their Boss, and had very legitimate concerns that were proven right canon wise. Last time I saw when one acts defiant towards one`s Boss regarding safety measures the Boss is absolutely right into firing one´s irresponsible behind cause the security of the people as a whole >>>>>> one´s capricious ideas.

It becomes miles less interesting when you take into account there is NO Alleria to save the day under such scenario, dude.

Sure man, Vision of N´zoth Stormwind scenario would love to have a word with you.

1 Like

I don’t remember that. If true, they sure deserved a punishment. I still think exiling them is too much for that.

Yeah, but during Wrath the Blood Elves hadn’t been part of the Horde for very long, so not all of them would have felt attached to the Horde at that point. It would explain why they were willing to join the Alliance.

Yeah, let’s conveniently ignore Vision of Orgrimmar.

3 Likes

Alleria and Umbric’s research notes on the matter imply this strongly.

A blood elf called Umbric and his followers were banished from Silvermoon City for the exploration of void magic.

An extreme solution despite the practice being forbidden.

Our void experiments are proceeding well. I am certain we are on the cusp of a breakthrough… Despite Rommath’s smallminded protests.

2 Likes