New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

They basically went full circle though. They just cut that content from WoD. The thing that made them Blood Knights was their domination of the light and they’re just normal paladins currently. Still got the name though.

Maybe they can fix that with lore to make them different or something. Or… like… actually do some content with Liadrin. I’d take take some flashback content.

Well. Undead could use it too though. Maybe Darkspear Trolls? If they just did some glyph stuff to the abilities.

Yeah… and they cut the content talking about them reclaiming their relationship with the light so they’re just in a dumb limbo…

and then when you see them in the game, they’re chilling with Scryers doing Blood Magic in Nazmir. So it’s even more confusing.

They really needed to do a lore bit on that blood magic thing in Nazmir.

Everybody I’ve seen has been trying to turn them into Void Elves AND High Elves. I haven’t seen anybody trying to get rid of the Void Stuff.

Yeah. They really went out of their way to mess up the Void Elf introduction.

If It was just Alleria getting her Allerian Hold Elves transformed into Void Elves then they could have saved themselves two years of fighting.

Girl why can I only like this post once?

While completely ignoring that the Horde got Night Elves.

Just remember. Green Eyes doesn’t make another race. But Flipped Ears does! and a very, very, very minor shade difference in skin color also makes an entirely different race!

7 Likes

No I´m aware devs use gameplay features to excuse their less than decent writting. It´s not about prevent the game from tanking, it´s about not making the tanking even more stupid and aggravating.

The difference between WoD (which tanked because of a lackluster gameplay feature and mediocre writting) and BfA (which tanked because of lackluster gameplay and terribad writting who made the lackluster gameplay even more aggravating and annoying to the players).

I want Subraces.

1 Like

This isn’t entirely true. Watch the Siege of Lordaeron to see her fight without Entropic Embrace.

1 Like

God Alleria is so aggravating. Don’t get me wrong. I love her.

Just Void Elves. “Your racial Leader is nothing like you.”

1 Like

Yeah man. But we can’t smash the burning legion again. The Cosmology idea is a good one honestly. It’s part of WoW’s lore and we’ve already done the Fel part twice.

1 Like

While completely ignoring Horde players NEVER asked for playable Nelves on their faction.

The Nelf influence in the Nightborne model IS what makes the AR such a disgrace. I have a whole list of fixes that I guarantee WILL improve the perception Horde players have in regards to the race… and mind you, don´t involve AT ALL taking stuff from the Nelf model but quite the contrary: removing it and putting the actual Nightborne NPC stuff in place.

4 Likes

Tell that to all the players that want expanded options for all their races.

I’ve seen threads for forsaken Paladin, blood elf druids, Zandalari warlock.

Obviously people don’t share your mindset of keeping the game as stale as it’s been customization wise since cataclysm.

3 Likes

Even if they’d nailed Nightborne and given them to the Horde the Horde still would have gotten Night Elves.

They’re Night Elves. 10,000 years with the Nightwell just made them different looking Night Elves. They’re still Night Elves.

Also, it’s still absolutely bizarre that they’re like, “The Night Well… an arcane font of power made them more in tune with the night than the NIGHT Elves.”

The well of eternity is stronger than the Night Well… and how are you gonna be like, “They’re more in tune with the NIGHT when they’re NIGHT Elves!”

So obnoxious.

3 Likes

Dude, most of those players give two f* over the lore or how ridiculous the story can get as long as they can RP their incoherent combos.

Look at our good friend Lannisterian… his warlock is a walking incoherence ffs precisely cause he ignores HARD the lore behind the class.

Excuse me, since when are the Night Elves all about arcane dependence and stuff? Since when the core concept of the WC3 Nelves -you know, their original flavor- switched towards this stance? Cause last time I saw, they´re still being lead by Malfurion and Tyrande who are all about pro nature and religious themes, not about dwelling in arcane mastery.

Again, you buddy start from a failed premise. The original Night Elf race WAS composed on two VERY clashing and VERY different cultures: the Highborne (who by all means are being currently represented by the Nightborne) and the Night Elf proper one (the “peasants” who were more inclined to nature and religious worship). Aaand, in the game, the culture that was originally implemented WAS the one of the “peasants”. Heck, the whole freaking Night Elf narrative is about rational peasants that defeat their crazy irresponsible and oppresive Highborne overlords and take the reigns of their race towards a more prosperous future.

To imply the Nightborne / pre Sundering Highborne esque ways are "stealing from the Night Elf race is to literally DENY the very lore in which the Night Elves were written and implemented in this game. It´s to cheapen their very core narrative. It´s a very disrespectful and malicious stance to take, dude.

This is not even a lore concept, stop headcanoning to justify your complains.

What is Nordrassil´s function, dear Callistus? Think about this.

And nope, Well of Eternity actually never made the Night tuning related to Nelves.

100% agree, it´s awful when people ignorant of the lore wrongly use it just to conceal a completely irrelevant complain.

2 Likes

The Blue that created this post wants to play a Blood Elf Druid.

3 Likes

If you’re going to pull that nonsense, then no, it’s fine. In the world of your argument it would be the Alliance getting a horde race back in Vanilla since the Night Elves are just different looking trolls.

Calia forsaken could easily be paladins, they’re essentially light forged.

Zandalari warlocks exist.

Blood elf druids are essentially a step up from rangers, one of their iconic classes, blood elves like controlling magic, they can control nature magic, just like they did to be paladins in BC, bam, Druids.

Like I said before, your opinion on the story does not mean the lore isn’t there to make sub-race class combos a viable avenue.

2 Likes

There’s currently nothing Blood Elves are getting in Shadowlands that’s worth the money.

2 Likes

Anti’s: “I FEEL like you’re taking Blood Elven identity away from me!”
Pro’s: “But we aren’t? You may feel that way but High Elves exist.”
Anti’s: “But I FEEL that way. So objective truth doesn’t matter.”
Pro’s: “Well… I FEEL like Nightborne are Night Elves.”
Anti’s: “Doesn’t matter.”

Edit: Also. I’m completely down for your post by the way. They’re all Dark Trolls.

14 Likes

(Commentary): A conversation between Kael’thas and Rommath is definitely one I’d want to be a fly on the wall for. I’m just not sure how it would go. The issue is we have seen criminally little of Rommath for far too long, so it’s hard to get a read on things. We know Kael’s betrayal hit him harder than just about anyone, I believe.

5 Likes

I mean, give Nightborne the same model, animations, etc as Night Elves, then it’s a debate.

It’d be cool to see how Kael’thas will react to the Void Elves, Umbric and Alleria, but Blizzard will probably forget about them again.

Don’t be another person abusing terms. No one has objective truth here, it’s all just differing opinions and tastes.

6 Likes

There’s no need for this disrespect. Just because they disagree with you doesn’t make them villains.

8 Likes