New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

I don’t play melee classes. At all. I am deciding on my first one though, I have a boosted Paladin can’t remember if I liked it, but either a Paladin or DK, I will wait and see. That being said it’s not a necessity for me either, my Paladin preference is actually Zandalari I like their Prelate lore, and or the hill I would make my stand on is Night Elf Paladins :smiley: :grin: :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

And Forsaken Blood Elves are a core aspect of the Belf nation, amrite?

Also, people raised by Arthas? I present you the Blood Elf Death Knights (whose representative is a human bootlicker and damsel in distress btw… so underwhelming).

Again, I may be quite picky, but for me it´s a mediocre compromise because devs literally have their work already done; they would be selling us what we already have -and an eye color is a pathetically small petition to compromise when we can ask for more exclusive stuff-.

Also, the fact this directly calls back to the disgusting Sylvanas episode (seriously, devs wasted her character since the Arthas novel launched. After so much double down on her comical vilainy and idiocy, the last thing I want related to the Belves is her. She did enough damage to the Forsaken proper narrative, we don´t need more of her negative influence leaking onto the Belf narrative) does not make me optimistic at all.

Popular doesn´t necessarilymeans it´s good. Lightforgen undead Calia IS popular with players that didn´t like the Forsaken flavor; however this doesn´t mean such change would be healthy nor good for the race.

What I like about Paladins in general is that they are one of only three classes in the game that can fulfill every role (tank, healer, dps). Right now Void Elves only have access to Monk… and I really do not enjoy playing Monk, nor do I like the class theme and visuals. While I love Druid, it seems way out of character for Void Elves, whereas Paladin is a class not out of the norm for High Elves and Blood Elves (who are implied to be joining the Ren’dorei).

The problem with Void Elf Paladins is obvious. Light and Void don’t mix. For them to work, as I mentioned previously, requires an ignoring of the lore so that players can truly play a “High Elf Paladin” on the Alliance (something I don’t think the devs are willing to do), or there would need to be new lore created and special effort devoted to giving Void Elves a void-using “Paladin” class.

While I think the second scenario has a better than zero chance compared to just ignoring the lore, I just don’t see Blizzard devoting that kind of time and effort to one class, for one race, for one faction. It just seems like jumping through a lot of hoops just to force a square peg into a round hole. But stranger things have happened.

1 Like

I want freckles as an option for my ginger elf boy.

4 Likes

Well, those at least were teased in Legion.

Paladin was NOT a regular class in the old High Elf culture; the only relevant paladin mentioned in the lore proper is Mehlar -and he´s currently a Blood Knight; which implies he was totally ok with ditching the light worship in TBC-.

See? more reason to differentiate the Blood Knights from the general “muh light” Human/Draenei pally trope. A Blood elf that still is enamoured with the light propably would run away horrorized from Telogrus Rift. A Blood Knight that´s pragmatic… yeah, I totally see him/her taking a chance with Void involvement.

God, I despise nu-Liadrin SO much…

This does seem quite unacceptable if we take into account fem Belves DO have a freckled face option.

He he, well ultimately I think there’s very little chance Void Elves will get Paladins, so I don’t think anyone opposed to such a thing has much to fear.

1 Like

Dude, I think I gave you guys one way to get the “playable Velf pallies that don´t run away screaming at the sigh of void tentacles”.

Help me get forum campaign to get back the Blood Knight flavor into the Belves and use it to justify playable Velf paladins.

Personally I’d almost prefer Night Elf Paladins anyways, hopefully tied to Elune but who knows.

As for Blood Elves I like their story arch with the return of the Sunwell. What I don’t like is that they can’t have their Sunwell and also be pragmatic and questionably morally grey, they shouldn’t lose those qualities just because they have their source of power. Nightborne had the Nightwell and they didn’t radiate overtly good qualities, more so vain and self serving. Different Elves I know but same idea, one can have a source of power and not be overtly good or in the Blood Elves case human esque with their light / holy outlook.

2 Likes

I wish all helfers were this reasonable. Maybe most are, but the extremely vocal ones demanding paladins and racial changes aren’t doing your side any favors.

3 Likes

I think the belfs and velfs got enough work done on them. Time to move onto the other races.

The Scarlet Crusade is proof you don’t have to be good in order to use the Light.

Funny thing is since these options have been revealed, I haven’t seen any typical high elf fan seriously consider removing or changing the racials in anyway that wasn’t for strictly cosmetic reasons or purely optional, affecting no one but the person playing the Void elf, so stop spreading misinformation, you’re not doing your side any favors.

2 Likes

True I suppose I forgot about them, but I’m not too knowledgeable on them to begin with other than I love the Forsaken and they were big baddies in the starting zone.

I guess I love the Sunwell returned, I dislike the narrative shift they chose to do with its return though.

2 Likes

Threads have literally been started asking for Void Elves to be renamed and racials changed. That is a fact, not misinformation.

3 Likes

All by prominent high elf fan regulars I assume?

Given your accusation as such and all.

Please link them all by all the prominent high elf regulars that you claim are making these threads.

2 Likes

Yeh, but it’s also pretty unfair to judge any group by it’s worst elements. Opinions belong to whomever expresses them, and they should not be considered the opinion of a whole group.

It’s pretty evident that a lot of us that could be called Helfers don’t care about the paladin issue (although I would say that most of us at worst are neutral and aren’t actively against it)

10 Likes

Yes. Don’t play dumb, we’ve all seen the posts and threads.

No, I won’t link them because I don’t want a forum vacation.

3 Likes

You’re not wrong about how a few vocal people can make a whole group look bad. But ultimately I think much of the cacophony over High Elves will fall to essentially “white noise” once the new options become available.

When people are actually able to play something “pretty much a High Elf” on Alliance, and especially if those who care about the lore get some in-game mentions of High Elves joining the Ren’dorei, then I think those “loud voices” are going to find themselves with far fewer people standing behind them to support their causes.

I can live without Paladins. I can live without my racial tag saying “High Elf”, though I’d live more comfortably with the previously mentioned in-game lore added. I can live without unique Blood Elf hairstyles and colors, though I’d live more comfortably with some additional hairstyles and colors from Humans shared with Void Elves.

13 Likes

Those are neither links nor examples.

You have nothing backing your claims and are strictly accusing high elf fans for accusations sake.

That’s not a swell way to build credibility.

3 Likes

Blame the devs for overusing the draenei cheerleader A.K.A. Liadrin. Some Belf pally players deffinitely got over their heads in regards to giving an excesive weight to the whole light thematic in the Belf culture.

In my headcanon, Solanar et al (yes, including Mehlar) covertly roll their eyes anytime Liadrin starts with the light preaching. It´s quite exhausting all things considered.

And perceiving the light not as some deity but as a mere magical source is NOT evil, people. It´s just another way of perceiving stuff. Let the religious worship for the humans and the draenei, those have been developed following this premise in regards to their pallies and priests.