New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

(Commentary): That recently datamined, “Secondary Skin/Hair Color,” option for Void Elves seems to support the idea of Entropic Embrace being customizable.

12 Likes

Yeah all I want is the ability to customize the racial or at least shut off the visual effect. I also want red, brown, and blonde hair in addition to the black hair.

What status?

2 Likes

Correct! And I really hope that ends up being the case! Moreover, I hope that if it is customizable, that it’s more than just an on/off for the visual but also different color options!

1 Like

the one Byucknah linked on Discord, and now our Mom’s Friendly Robot Mechagnome linked…

1 Like

(Commentary): I love Mom. Please make sure to only use Mom’s brand products.

5 Likes

It’s definitely an interesting fine and it’s not an unreasonable assumption. I will be interested in seeing what they actually have in mind.

Righto! I am not fully awake.

Also I am out of likes but I like you all.

4 Likes

(Commentary): Same here. I doubt it’s a way to turn off Entropic Embrace, but if they’re working on making it customizable, then a way to do that might not be unreasonable. Either way it’s nice seeing Void Elves getting some additional customization just for them that isn’t more High Elf stuff too.

7 Likes

I’ll make sure to buy myself a Bender Unit.

2 Likes

Just allowing us to change the color would be huge. You could potentially make it a light arcane blue or even a holy looking yellow!

4 Likes

(Doubt): I cannot see this being an option for the Void Elves, to be honest.

1 Like

I just rather to have the effect kept off, so that way, I can be an Angry High Elf Warlock when I still take revenge to Demon Hunters.

This would be cool. I’d like a skin closer to Alleria’s

3 Likes

Yea, I have my doubts that there will be a way to get it to go completely away. Though, it could be cool if they could.

Though I am kind of interested to see to what level of customization we’re going to be looking at. If this is what this information leads to.

(Speculative): If they’re working on the racial at all then adding a line of code to let a player turn off the visual effect doesn’t seem unreasonable. Of course they could also just make it possible that all existing customizations can be applied to the Entropic Embrace ones, meaning you could be the same hair and skin colors for Entropic Embrace as you use all the time.

7 Likes

These are both true.

I always have a tendency to play it safe with expectations. Especially with datamined information, but I think these are real possibility

2 Likes

Certainly unlikely to be sure… but a soft white would be nice at least :smiley:

I do want to caution expectation management.

There’s a lot of interesting evidence here, but this is all still very much speculation at this point. We don’t know anything at this point, and I’d hate for someone to get their hopes up and then get disappointed.

5 Likes

Agreed, I’m still kind of skeptical that those options are things we’re going to have direct control over. It’s possible that they’re trying to tweak the effect overall and separating things out like that is just part of doing that.

I’d love to see it be customizable (whether that be an on-off toggle or being able to tweak what the effect looks like, someone mentioned wanting to make use of the current corruption gear effects for it and that would be cool too), but I’m very cautious about setting my expectations beyond what they’ve explicitly told us we’re getting.

Blood Elves were already High Elves giving them blue eyes didn’t change anything.

1 Like