New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

I was pretty specific about which backlash is going away.

But that is a defining trait of Void Elves. Thatā€™s like wanting to play a Worgen that never goes into Worgen form. Ridiculous!

Not using this to justify one side or another, but thatā€™s going to open the whole ā€œI want to play a non worgen gilneanā€ thing again.

Which is also something that Iā€™m personally on the fence with. (In fact very similar to how Iā€™m on the fence with the EE thing)

So play a human and RP it is from Gilneas. No need to create another human race or disable a key feature of Worgens.

Eh, fair enough, but thatā€™s not really a discussion for this thread.

Something as simple as glyphs to change the color might be nice. But I would think asking for anything more drastic, or outright hiding the visual might be more than Blizzard is will to do.

I would actually not mind a red version of void form (a red similar to when you have too much corruption gear on) as fire spec >_>

Iā€™m not sure Blizz would even do the glyph. That might take time out of the day where they could be flicking playing cards into a hat.

(sheesh. I donā€™t know whatā€™s wrong with me today. Iā€™m so negativeā€¦ Sorry Blizz Iā€™m just playing. You know I love you.)

2 Likes

He he, who knows with them. Theyā€™ve really missed so many opportunities with glyphs it seems like Blizz has forgotten thatā€™s even a system.

Well, and the other issue of a glyph is that there doesnā€™t seem to be glyphs based on player race.

Theyā€™re all class based, right? I could be wrong, but if not then thatā€™s probably some new thing Blizzard would have to try to implement and wellā€¦ see my thoughts on that in the comment above :sweat_smile:

Racial skills are no different than class skills as far as the game engine is concerned. While racial specific glyphs donā€™t currently exist, thereā€™s nothing mechanically preventing them from working.

If I tag a glyph as working on spell-ID Entropic Embrace, it will work on that spell regardless of whether its a class skill, a racial skill, or even a temporary skill such as the ability we got from our artifacts in Legion.

(I actually do know this for fact as Iā€™ve tinkered under the hood on occasion for entertainment)

2 Likes

I suppose thatā€™s true. I donā€™t know anything about programming really other than some very basic stuff to write very basic barely working shaman/druid macros.

I guess that does make sense and does kind of remove that concern.

One reason why Blizz may have avoided racial glyphs up till now is because they can be very niche. Imagine spending time making glyphs for mechagnomes and, forgive me, Kul Tirans. With such a low number of players of these races, Blizzard might feel it an inefficient use of their time to make a ton of glyphs for these races, so they might only get a few.

And then on the other side, using that same logicā€¦ Blood Elvesā€¦ Humansā€¦ Night Elvesā€¦ would get a cornucopia of options because they have the biggest populations and Blizzard might see that as a more efficient use of their time.

Then the inevitable forum drama ensues.

Firstā€¦ rude

No I kid. Part of why I love my KT (other than the fact that they are the most beautiful race in the game, have the best city, best racial ability, best story, best druid forms, best racial leader, best griffin mount, NPCs, ā€¦tide sages, ā€¦er boats, okay Iā€™m done) is that they are niche and they are uniqueā€¦so I donā€™t take offense.

I would actually go the other way. I think Blizzard would feel it has to keep things evenly balanced so you would have the larger/more popular races feeling like they arenā€™t getting what they need so that blizzard can keep the glyph numbers attuned (at a per race level) to the lower population races.

I mean, I think the end result might be the same though.

We do love our drama.

2 Likes

The problem with Glyphs today is that the system sucks. I prefer the older glyph system where it had a chance to improve some abilities as well as cosmetics to the abilities.

2 Likes

That is a very nice look.

2 Likes

I liked that they had both. The whole major/minor glyph thing was cool. It could have probably used some work, but that doesnā€™t mean scrap the whole idea and give up.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the go to option

As a racial more likely it would be an NPC in the Rift you speak to to toggle the visual.

Itā€™s not as if thereā€™s no precendent for it. For Vulpera one can ā€˜speakā€™ to the camp to disable the hood on the Hyena mount.

Not that it means much, but Blood Elves are getting one of our beards :stuck_out_tongue:

Learn something new every day.

Legion xpac showed that the light isnā€™t always good, and plus they have the Sunwell to draw from, makes perfect sense.